Pre-shave - Proraso M&E
Soap - Proraso M&E
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Gem MMOC
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Proraso M&E

Call me a masochist, but I do like a face freeze; even in winter. The MMOC gave a stoater of a shave. It laughed in the face of two days growth; and hewed it down like a hewing thing with an especially good reason to hew.

Smooth as anything, smelling good (not too overpowering) and feeling cooler than the man that you have to wait on in The Velvet Underground song...
Here he comes, he's all dressed in black,Beat up shoes and a big straw hat...Superb shave up, and a great song to describe the coolness of your shave, i too like a face freezer in the winter.:cool:

Fri 8th December
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
Sabre V1
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Made a return to the Sabre after a few days on Vintage SE. There is no doubt that the Sabre is smooth and comfortable during a Shave, but that smoothness can deceive one into thinking a shave is completed .Today, I felt the Shave was completed in around a normal Shave time, but though the Finish was OK, it was nowhere as good as with my" Oldies"

On previous occasions I have managed to get better Shaves, by spending quite a lot of time achieving that by doing a lot of polishing up work. I am sure that this is a very good Razor for those who have less stubborn and dense beard growth than I have.

IMG_0447.jpg

tFMUAJw.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Razorock Mamba SS
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​
Stunning photograph with an excellent background Alfred.

Friday. None of the stuff I'm expecting for my return to DE shaving has arrived so I wandered into town to see what I could find on the high street. Boots was a bust but got a tube of Ingrams from Superdrug and a bottle of their own brand 'Forest Fresh' aftershave. I was surprised how quickly I lathered up the cream in an old coffee cup with my new cheapo WS brush, quite liked the slight menthol tingle and scent wasn't offensive. Quite liking the Forest Fresh too, not bad for a couple of quid. Found WS and Boots own brand blades but no razors so had to make do with the Mach 3 for now.

Friday's shave:)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by The Gentleman's Groom Room Pre-Shave Prep +
Razor - Colonial The General (Black).
Blade - Kai Captain Titan (Pink) Mild (Day 1).
Soap - OSP Menthol and Grapefruit Soap.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Menthol and Eucalyptus Grapefruit.

First outing with the The General, very impressed, shaves as good if not better than it looks. First impressions, very well designed, constructed with excellent performance. For the first few strokes, found the grip a little on the slippy side. However, washed my hands and dried to make sure no pre-shave oil on my fingers and all as good.

After a 2 pass shave, skin was BBS with no issues - a great shave. I found it relatively easy to find the optimum shave angle. The Kai Captain, as ever performed superbly - I appreciate that your YMMV.

The only issue this morning was I found it difficult to get a decent lather from the OSP Menthol and Grapefruit Soap. The lather was decent, but not as good as I had become used to.

The OSP Splash was a great way to finish off the shave. As I ran out the door into the biting arctic wind, I could certainly feel a good face freeze.

Have a great day, all.

Chris

Friday's shave:)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by The Gentleman's Groom Room Pre-Shave Prep +
Razor - Colonial The General (Black).
Blade - Kai Captain Titan (Pink) Mild (Day 1).
Soap - OSP Menthol and Grapefruit Soap.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Menthol and Eucalyptus Grapefruit.

First outing with the The General, very impressed, shaves as good if not better than it looks. First impressions, very well designed, constructed with excellent performance. For the first few strokes, found the grip a little on the slippy side. However, washed my hands and dried to make sure no pre-shave oil on my fingers and all as good.

After a 2 pass shave, skin was BBS with no issues - a great shave. I found it relatively easy to find the optimum shave angle. The Kai Captain, as ever performed superbly - I appreciate that your YMMV.

The only issue this morning was I found it difficult to get a decent lather from the OSP Menthol and Grapefruit Soap. The lather was decent, but not as good as I had become used to.

The OSP Splash was a great way to finish off the shave. As I ran out the door into the biting arctic wind, I could certainly feel a good face freeze.

Have a great day, all.

Chris

The General is an excellent shaver. It really rewards you the more you use it. I've now sold mine (and the Stainless Steel version) as the AC blades were leave me feeling rough with some irritation.
If I got on with the blades it would definitely had been a keeper, shame.

Enjoy!

SOTD 081217
SOTD 081217 3.jpg

Blade: Schick injector #1
Razor: Schick Injector Type E Patent 1937, Made in Canada. Brass head. Art Deco Butterscotch colour Bakelite handle.
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
Brush: Epsilon Horse Hair
EDT: Issey Myake, L'eau D'Issey

Carrying on with the injector theme I shaved today for the first time using my Schick Injector.
It has been in my den for some time but today was the day to give her a whirl.

What another amazing result. I received two tiny weepers to the chin from possibly over buffing but a 3 pass shave has left me BBS.
My skin feels softer and smoother than a butterflies wing. ;)
I want to sample some blades other than the schick, if anything they felt a little tuggy but I cannot complain with the fantastic out come. A very efficient razor.

The brush is a keeper for me. A little scritchy using circular motions on your face but I quite like that for exfoliating the skin. The tips are lovey and soft for painting. The brush has plenty of flow through and considerable back bone.

I have been waiting for some time for the Calani Oriental Plum and boy was it worth the wait. The scent is up there with the best in my opinion. Simply sublime. The cushion is excellent and the slick and slide very good but for me the scent is the main benefactor of this glorious soap.

No feedback from the alum and a small amount of the Balm was applied continuing with the awesome Oriental Plum scent.

Finally topped off with the great smelling Issey Myake I am good to go.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Back
Top Bottom