SOTD 7th Dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Truefitt & Hill face scrub and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Super-109 T2 (#7)
Blade: NOS 1963 Gillette Silver (#4)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Soap: Kiehl's Lite Flite
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Lucky Tiger Bay Rum

My rescue razor Gillette Super Adjustable gave another cracking shave. I am calling it the rescue razor as I picked it up with a Gillette Tech Fat Handle I was after, it scrubbed up well but needed some diy to bend the guard back in to shape on both side of the razor.

SOTD 071217
View attachment 31540

Blade: Schick Injector #2
Razor: PAL Adjustable.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: P & B Imperial Rum
EDT: Joop

It is vary rarely I use the same set up two days in a row but due to my newly acquired PAL Adjustable I was inspired to use it again.
I was not left disappointed.

Again a wonderful 3 pass BBS Shave. The balance is superb and the razor exceptionally well built. I find myself using the razor almost the same way as one would hold a dining knife, if that makes sense. Thumb and middle finger on the sides with the forefinger over the top. Glides through whiskers with ease and it is particularly good at the difficult areas such as under the nose. Thank you once again @Blackmass for providing me with this awesome piece of kit. :)

If you are yet to try the Yaqi brush then I strongly suggest you have a go of one. They really are amazing bang for buck. Super soft tips, loads of backbone and great flow through.
I would even go as far to say the handles are better quality than the Maseto but of cause YMMV.

The soap performed its magic and left a lovely post shave feel. Superb face lather with loads of cushion and brilliant Slick N Slide. The scent increases when lathering and I could smell Bay Rum throughout and beyond my shave.

Finished with the witch hazel as I did not feel the need for balm due to the quality of the post shave feel from the soap and applied a generous splash of the wonderful classic that is Joop.

Another Top Draw Shave, Enjoy yours! :)
Nice use of in and out of focus Wayne. I don't know the technical term but I did notice out of focus in focus and out of focus again.

img_20171207_220455_processed-jpg.21755

Razor: Gillette Tech
Razor blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: Truefitt and Hill Apsley

Not a bad shave this evening. The ever dependable Maseto worked a treat with the T&H.

It took a few touch-ups to get a close finish on my neck. I think the Tech needed a sharper blade or it's my technique...probably my technique then. :p::D

I'll leave with a tune penned by Taylor Swift no less.

Cheers
Rob

Nice use of in and out of focus Wayne. I don't know the technical term but I did notice out of focus in focus and out of focus again.
Thank you very much for your kind words.

If you are interested it was taken at a low number aperture. F5 .
The longer the aperture for example F22 will give you a much further field of vision.

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I try my best. :)

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash.
La Toja Shaving Cream.
Semogue 1305 Boar.
Little Wren Pottery.
Mongoose B3 + Ikon OSS Handle.
Proline P-30 (4).
Fine Green Vetiver Aftershave.
BBA Post Shave Balm.
Guerlain Vetiver EDT.

A no fuss two passes for a DFS. Thank goodness it's Friday.

Last edited:
Friday 8th December

RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Cella Soap
Vie-Long/Reknot Faux Horse Brush
Feather Artist Club RG with a Feather SuperPro
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Brut Musk AS

Two passes and a touchup for a wonderful BBS shave:)
I hope the weather has not been too unkind....but take care if you are out and about.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 8th December Friday

Prep ~ shower, Wrights Traditional Soap
Razor ~ Ever- Ready 1912 in brass, made in England
Blade ~ Gem SS
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann ~ Eventide
Brush ~ Semouge OC Boar cherry wood
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Christian Dior ~ Oud Ispahan

What a shave.......the soap scent was sublime and performance was what I have come to expect from B&M .....very good. Todays 1912 not only looks good in brass but this particular model gives a fantastic shave, real smooth and effective leaving me with the smoothest of skins, just how I like my shaves to end! BBA to finnish the shave.
just a few sprays of Oud Ispahan on my pulse points and I was good to go, looking good and smelling great....:)

Wishing you all a wonderful day but let's be careful out there! :)

Friday...

Pre-shave - Proraso M&E
Soap - Proraso M&E
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Gem MMOC
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Proraso M&E

Call me a masochist, but I do like a face freeze; even in winter. The MMOC gave a stoater of a shave. It laughed in the face of two days growth; and hewed it down like a hewing thing with an especially good reason to hew.

Smooth as anything, smelling good (not too overpowering) and feeling cooler than the man that you have to wait on in The Velvet Underground song...
D64958EC-103F-46F1-85E2-606788E1EEF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom