SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

Mon 31
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Jianyu 2nd
The lather whip-up by the brush is just marvelous! The soap & matching splash smells wonderful.
Ever a reliable razor and paired with this excellent blade at max setting 9...enjoyed 3 silky smooth and efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230731_073953.jpg

SOTD 20230731.
dZxAkta.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
Semogue SOC.
TGS "Shibusa 2" shaving soap.
Maggard slant / MR14 handle.
Racer Super Stainless (1).
TGS "Shibusa 2" AS Parfum.

IMG_2487.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Arran Aromatics Lochranza
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT

Sorry for the repeated use of this brush but it is just perfect for my taste and could use it every day. Might need to have a bit of a thinning out of the brushes in my den.

Sotd-31-07-23.png
ATT AL 1 alu - R plate - Gillette Silver Blue - Simpson Wee Scot - Pearl Coffeeop - Signature Novus Spice - Avon moisturiser.

Excellent result - slightly closer than anticipated due to assuming the razor had the mild plate in it as normal and not the regular, which was the case. Not a problem really - it's such a forgiving razor.The soap was a kind gift from my friends at @Blademonkey shaving - thank you P. - I wasn't aware of the brand but it turns out to be Pearl - as in the Indian razor company. I suppose Yaqi sell soap - so why not? It lathered just fine and has the most intense coffee aroma I have tried. None of your milky coffee pish here - this is a double ristretto with crema an inch thick. Very nice. Topped off with the chocolate orange notes of Novus Spice. Job done and in some style. :) Thanks again P. - shave well, one and all - I.

Hello. My physci psyci philos doctor said I have to report my shaves from this past weekend otherwise my testicles will fall off. So two shaves we have and these arrive with the theme, 'Mundane' for my first entry in to this new week of SOTD's.

Saturday

20230729_174541.jpg

Oh not another razor :rolleyes: - Stainless Mongoose
Mmmm that blade :oops: - Feather Professional
Boring angry brush :mad: - Hive-2
Uh? A soap :sleep: - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Exciting? Not. A balm :censored: - Poraso

'A whole book on SOTD's? I'd sooner read Tolstoy's 'Whore and peas''

Was it good? It was indeed.

Some Japanese ladies to give this shave something delightful to end on. Who? I thought the same

Sunday

20230730_184513.jpg

A routine razor - Razorock Hawk V3
Blade of boredom - Feather Professional
Banal brush (careful chaps, I did say banal) - Yaqi Dandelion
A soap less ordinary - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Mundane moisturiser - Arran Aromatics Machrie

I can't get another Giphy in here as there is some kind of limit to how many extra bits one can throw in, so I will leave it up to you to add some sort of rubbish which entertains your very good selves. Or of course just skip to the Japanese ladies at the end. I would

Another very nice shave. Yes, I did

And a second dose of some singing ladies from the land of the rising sun. Which is more than I can say about this English summer where the sun appears not to have risen. Oh hum, mundane. The world needs some Beaver to warm us all up.....

Oh my. I guess I have to say it, I love you all

And my doctor lied. My nads have just fallen off

31/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon "Spicy"
Wk 31 (3).jpg
Lovely shave earlier today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

58A6S1T.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse
Razor: Rex Konsul (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Shulton Herbal Aftershave Lotion

Monday 31 July
Thus, we come to the end of a very dreich July. What will August bring I wonder? A plague of locusts maybe?
Today I had the pleasure of using my newly acquired Athena Lambda, thanks to @Holyzeus, cheers Barry.
Recent post I read here recently wasn’t very complementary about this bad boy. All I can say is for me anyway, with 4th use Feather stainless blade it performed impeccably. After lathering with Spitfire and Omega 48, I started carefully wtg. There is a lot of sound feedback but as I came to realise its bark is worse than its bite. So, then re lather and an atg pass plus pick ups and I arrived at a bbs finish. No drama and a big smile from me on my super smooth fizog. I do like this razor it’s not just it’s stylish looks but has real substance.
Not sure about the Spitfire, the scent doesn’t do much for me and it tends to dry quickly on the skin.
Have a great evening fellas.

IMG_0200.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom