SOTD: Saturday 26th August-Friday 1st September 2017.

Fri 1st Sept.

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Stirling Baker Street
Brass General /Windrose S/S Handle
Feather Pro [6 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Though I like the Brass General I never got on with the Stock Handle, so it has not had the use
it possibly should have had. Failing to find a nice knurled brass handle, I have been using S/S
ones instead.

My last Shave was not good, as the handle used was maybe a bit too heavy and generally felt cumbersome. Today I chose to use a lighter, slimmer handle and the difference was amazing.
The Razor/Handle combo felt good in the hand,and was very easy to manoeuvre during the shave.The Shave was really smooth and easy, with a great all round finish.

I must not be the only one who has not like the stock handle, as it would appear that the New
S/S General may well have a knurled handle, not too dissimilar to the one I used today.

IMG_1547.jpg

View attachment 28612

After a string of dissapointing purchases, my recently aquired inexpensive Yaqi synthetic has been a real surprise. The 24mm knot, which has a glue bump of 20mm leaving a free loft of only 25mm is more dense than my 24mm and 26mm RR Plissofts with a softer face feel yet more backbone. It's performance hits a sweet spot for me. I purchased this brush primarilly for the handle and intended to re-knot with the AP Tuxedo or 'Black Mag', however the knot just works so well and has terrific face feel. The handle is not as ergonomic as I would have hoped; everything else...all good...
Greetings
Maths is not my strong point but you have lost me with the glue bump and loft dimensions! Surely that is not what you meant to say.

Regards
Dick.

Friday 9/1/17

Homemade preshave oil
Omega Synthetic brush
Soapy Bathman Irish Waterfall soap
British Personna razor
Bolzano blade
Irisch Moos aftershave
Aveeno balm

f15195bf718bf32ad92ccf752a3d5867.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiore & Frutta Almond ...@ajc347 - any suggestions/tips? :)

I found it lathered pretty easily when I bowl lathered with it. I am blessed with very soft water where I live, so that may be a factor.

I'd definitely try blooming it, using a wetter brush and loading the brush until it won't hold any more soap. That should help with whipping up a good lather in a bowl.

Let me know how you get on. :)

36123947424_b075e02e8d.jpg

SOTD

Sterling Margaritas in the Arctic soap sample
Simpsons Colonel brush
Gillette Aristocrat DE
Gillette Stainless blade

First use of an American soap... Lather quality is adequate but nothing to write home about, scent strength is way too strong! Returning from a holiday in Wales aged 5 I sat in the backseat of the car with a large bag of sherbet lemons and ate the whole lot on the way home, this soap took me back 23 years to that very day :confused:

A mere week after swearing off badger brushes I seem to have acquired another... Oops.

I found it lathered pretty easily when I bowl lathered with it. I am blessed with very soft water where I live, so that may be a factor.

I'd definitely try blooming it, using a wetter brush and loading the brush until it won't hold any more soap. That should help with whipping up a good lather in a bowl.

Let me know how you get on. :)

I think I'm just used to softer soaps! I've got nice, soft water here also so I don't think ta be down to a water hardness issue. I think bowl lathering is easier for a tougher soap like this but I'll persist for sure! :) thanks for the reply man!

Back
Top Bottom