Kent Infinity Silvertex
Le Grelot Hospital
CV Heljestrand Hollow Ground
Gillette Guard
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Tabac Eau de Cologne

Bowl Lathered
Three Pass - WTG & XTG (Le Grelot) ATG (Gillette)

Another quite breathtaking shave from this Le Grelot with a hollow ground Heljestrand blade. Everything, absolutely everything I love in a shave.

The Le Grelot was clearly the star, but the supporting performers were all there, namely the Tabac products. Great performers with a great scent!

Intrigued by my new Gillette Guard, I pulled a final pass against the grain (not that it really needed it, but nice to polish) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would not say that this will sound the death knell for the DE, not by a long shot. It's mild. By that, I mean it is very safe - you are not going to cut yourself with this, but equally, and a positive in my book, it doesn't shave mega-close, sub-skin like their modern cartridges do. It shaves close. Think of it as a Bic Sensitive with a wobbly head and a significantly better handle.

The Gillette Guard is a cracking little razor. 19 Rs for the handle with one head and 7 Rs for replacement heads, it's a bargain! By comparison, a Gillette Sterling 7 O'Clock is 100 Rs.

IMG_6050.JPG

Enabled, thanks. On it's way to me now. Was looking for something to shave my head with so will see what this is like...

Pre shave Hot water
Razor. Graves masterpiece
Soap. Wickham soap company bay rum
Brush. Midas custom
Post shave. Alum block jovan musk
[attachment=10388]

Friday's travelling shave
Pre: Proraso green pre-shave cream
Cream: Speick
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic
Razor: Merkur Futur (3)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)

Excellent 2.5 pass BBS. First time with a synthetic brush, very soft tips and lots of backbone but it's going to take some getting used to.
_20140502_075401.JPG

chriszacharek said:
pjgh said:
Intrigued by my new Gillette Guard, I pulled a final pass against the grain (not that it really needed it, but nice to polish) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would not say that this will sound the death knell for the DE, not by a long shot. It's mild. By that, I mean it is very safe - you are not going to cut yourself with this, but equally, and a positive in my book, it doesn't shave mega-close, sub-skin like their modern cartridges do. It shaves close. Think of it as a Bic Sensitive with a wobbly head and a significantly better handle.

The Gillette Guard is a cracking little razor. 19 Rs for the handle with one head and 7 Rs for replacement heads, it's a bargain! By comparison, a Gillette Sterling 7 O'Clock is 100 Rs.

Enabled, thanks. On it's way to me now. Was looking for something to shave my head with so will see what this is like...

Last time I shaved my head (well, the sides to give a floppy mohican on top) was back in my Goff Daze at the end of the '80s. I can imagine this G Guard being absolutely perfect, especially for blind shaving.

I hope it works out for you ...

It was hot today and I had some heavy garden work to do, so decided to go menthol.

Hot shower
Soap: Nanny ice and slice applied with Omega 49

Razor: Short Progress set to 3.5

Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond

AS: Arko Ice Mint

Cool

Greetings

Sunday 4th May 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue Barbear Classico Mistura
Soap: La Toja Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: CK Obsession

A lovely shave, first use of this new brush and already I like it, it is small but holds plenty of lather and gives it up easily, I'm sure when fully broken it will be one of my favourites.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05522.JPG

Wake up, Dick! It's Sunday :D
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-26023.html

Lovely choice, mind ... I got a respectable plastic tipped variant which turned up the other day and cleaned up well. It's in rotation for somewhere in my next few shaves. When I read your posts, sometimes it feels like you're following me ... other times like you're setting them up for me to follow.

pjgh said:
Wake up, Dick! It's Sunday :D
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-26023.html

Lovely choice, mind ... I got a respectable plastic tipped variant which turned up the other day and cleaned up well. It's in rotation for somewhere in my next few shaves. When I read your posts, sometimes it feels like you're following me ... other times like you're setting them up for me to follow.

Greetings

I have changed the date from April to May! You don't see very many with the plastic knobs and I don't know why they bothered to change, I would assume that in the commercial world even a saving of perhaps 1 US cent per razor is worth making over a long production run, I guess they were the last sub model of the Flying wing?

Regards
Dick.
P.S. The mammoth car boot sale I got up so early for had completely sold out of bottom dial Fatboys and Darwins when I arrived at 0730 hrs in fact there was the usual sweet FA, where do you have to go to find a razor 'in the wild' in Britain?

I see, I have got it now, not only did I post the wrong month but I posted in lasts weeks section! It was pretty early!

Back
Top Bottom