SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

A no shit shave this evening and this one arrives themed, 'Constipated'

View attachment 110595

Full of bricks - Muhle R89
Bunged up - Polsilver Lodz
Backed up - PAA Pelegrino
Train not exiting the tunnel - Veritas Vincent
Glycerol suppository - L'Occitane Cade balm

Met the grandkids this afternoon for tea and tab nabs in a garden centre cafe and Zuzu the youngest had been constipated since the morning.

"Granddad take me to the toilet, I need a wee wee"

"No problem little one. Come on"

5 minutes later we returned when she screams across the cafe...

"Mummy, mummy! You are going to be really proud of me. I've just had a big big poo!"

The place went silent then burst out laughing. Well done Zuzu, the next big comedienne. The little shit.

'Jesus! Has Satan just crawled out!?"

'Always my love'

Keep it simple, keep it effective, keep it quick, make it the R89. What a smashing shave and just what my skin needed. Nothing angry, nothing wanting to slash you to shreds and nothing trying its best to cause collateral. Let's be honest if you can cut yourself with an 89 then it is because you have removed the blade and placed it inside a rubber mask. Sounds good to me. Beats the aqualung and flippers of the other night.

The Veritas has to be the best lemon scented soap I have come across. Startling aroma and just happens to be a pretty damn fine soap at the same time.

Happy and as I said, a no shit shave

It can only be...

Is that the lime scented soap?

29/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Kasho Kai Captain CAP-R7 Folder
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Brut Original
Wk 36 (4).jpg
The Kai shavette is not really seen in SOTD's much lately, I find its is a crackin little razor and shaves very much like the Feather DX although a little more forgiving, for me it sits between the SR and DX.
Fitted with a new Pro-Guard its has given me a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up on the whirlpools. All other items provided a fantastic supporting cast.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

IMG_2702.jpeg
SOTD: 29/08/2023

Razor: Shield AC1
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm

Beginning to really enjoy this razor, I would love just a slightly longer handle but near perfect for me!

Tuesday 29th August

AIL4fc95Cfw8x0Y4-BN3oqzODGEyYFiSffiCxVA404j_kHCn0tqG7WT8NB9EFOBR3seIXKFo2coF6D98iLyLSso-DARC6Rdy8RBtif9gxSE-LkLo7MqGdeC8UIhjQz61KwajU4MsZyLlhJnNVk42EieFKrveug=w800

TFS RasoZero Agrumella Shaving Soap & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1912 Bathroom Set & GEM by Personna (Stainless/PTFE) (4)
Akcay Tutun Kolonyasi

Glorious!

Hitting the sweet-spot for the GEM blade, four shaves in, I got a near perfect single pass shave which needed only one or two touch-ups. The TFS soap is lovely - practically the same formula as the Traditional Line but the lemon scent is quite different from their older yellow tub. The scent is really light, uplifting and almost powdery; akin to the citrus undertones of Wickham's Club Cola. Delicious!

SOTD: 29/08/2023

Razor: Rex Konsul
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Leonidam Sapphire Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Bowl
Preshave: Executive Shaving Fuar Ach Snog Oil
Soap: Executive Shaving Cedarwood and Citrus Cream
Aftershave: Fine Snakebite Aftershave
Balm: Executive Shaving Cedarwood and Citrus Balm
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

First use of the Executive Shaving Cedarwood and Citrus Cream (or any ES cream for that matter)

Gave the face a cursory wash with Fuar Ach Snog and then enjoyed a long hot shower.

The ES cream lathered effortlessly and the scent filled the room. A thick, yoghurty lather was ready in minutes.

It’s hard for me to overstate just how similar this stuff smells like Guerlain Vetiver. I have an original 1960s bottle and it pairs perfectly with it scent wise.

The Konsul made short work of the three days growth, however the GSB felt a little rougher than it should have on its third shave. Perhaps three days and three shaves is fine, but if the blade is sitting longer I shouldn’t push past two.

Quick splash of Fuar Ach Snog and a single pump of the Cedarwood and Citrus balm. More of that wonderful scent and an excellent soothing effect. I might pick up an unscented version for general use.

A very pleasant shave

IMG_4871.jpeg

IMG_4872.jpeg

3C00E3BB-0EFA-48E2-BC1F-1970CA27584B.JPG

Shave #2 on the Indian V12 Platinum blade. I'm still impressed with it so far. It seems to be perfectly capable providing a smooth and comfortable shave. I shaved all last week with Gillette 7 O'clocks so I'm enjoying the milder experience of the V12. Of course, there's a bit of trade off as the V12 is no where as brutally efficient as the Gillettes. C'est la vie :)

Not much to say about Cella. It just works, and works well. I'm not a giant fan of the almond scent, but it's certainly not unpleasant and the performance is superb.

I ended the shave with some Clubman Vanilla AS.

SOTN (Face & Head)

Face - Tatara Muramasa, HoM Shire 2 (soap & splash), Schick blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Alpha Outlaw brush (G4 knot)
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

Not quite the Alpha Outlaw Evolution SOTD post I was hoping to make - mines not arrived yet , still made for a cracking shave though.

1000006198.jpg

SOTD: 30/08/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Nice and smooth shave with this combo as usual! Enjoy your day!

Back
Top Bottom