SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

S2xDy9K.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Right Handed Giant
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage NOS Fabergé Brut Aftershave Lotion

To use the vernacular of Tom Ford, original Fabergé Brut smells F*cking Fabulous.

28 August

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Omega 48 Professional
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

CF1BE5A5-141F-4EFC-AD7A-48B64F0AEEEC.jpeg
Early morning and not enough soap loaded the first time so back to the soap for a second pass. Nevermind, persistence. Another fabulous shave by the Vector.

SOTD: 28/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Have a great day, gents.

IMG_2697.jpeg
SOTD: 28/08/2023

Razor: Shield AC1
Blade: Feather Pro, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Dendi Cocoa Vanilla Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Tobacco Touch EdP

The Dendi was used for the first time and a kind gift from @gile. The performance and lathering was absolutely top notch and having scooped my usual amount quickly found I’d used too much, it lathers extremely quickly, and produces a thick, protective and nourishing lather! I was really pleasantly surprised and is definitely going on my list of to buy and try!
The Shield just gets better with every use. A little more care and respect on my part and it was a delightfully smooth shave with excellent results. Efficient and smooth a excellent combination!

28/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - P&B Star Noir
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Astra SP Green
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 36 (3).jpg
A very nice combo today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

One day, two SOTD's? Whatever next? And neither did I know 'Sodit' according to my spell check is a word. I always thought it was 'Sod it'. Ah fuckit. It also shows how big my fingers are compared to my phones keyboard.

And a shave themed, 'Dilence of the Lambdad'

View attachment 110562

Shhhhh :censored: (mmm mmm) - Lambda Athena
Silence! :sleep: - Feather
Bah bah brush - Zenith dark synthetic
With a nice ch ch ch cream - Floris Elite
:censored: me again. Mmmmoisturiser - Collegen
:whistle: pssscent - Floris Elite

'Satan? He's a twat'

I recently saw an Athena on the BST and the seller mentioned, 'Couldn't put up with the faff'. I understand completely. Take out of box, put in blade, shave, take blade out, clean, polish, put blade to one side, put razor back in box. A palaver I can live with. My wife does the same with me. Take out of box, use, return to box.

But palaver aside what it does do is shave in an incredible manner. It kind of sits between a Feather and an Ikon and delivers magnificence. Apart from that it is extremely handsome (something I couldn't lay claim to. But apparently @Boycie83 can. And does).

On this occasion it did what the Lambda does best. Gives bloody superb shaves. Superbly smooth, exceptionally close and sufficient for me to look it in to the mirror and say 'That was fucking brilliant'. I never do ask 'Mirror, mirror on the wall etc etc' as it is simply a waste of time and wasted breath.

Happy? Too bloody right.

From a star razor to Blistar and have a great Bank Holiday Monday you lovely people. Enjoy....

I am very happy that the Athena of which you speak Chris @Satanfriendly, came up on BST as I got it. Sold out everywhere else. I love it for all the reasons you describe. It is a Greek work of art. Best not to let the British museum look after it then. :eek:

20230828_122706.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Hot shower and Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi Aqua 24mm brush.
Soap GFCC Peppermint.
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade Feather super Pro.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male Intense.
Again a lovely shave today with lovely items.
I couldn't fault anything at all.
I have found the Ultra Male EDT a lot more subtle than the Scandal, the Scandal is a lot more bolder in scent and you smell it right through to the next morning.
This I predict will probably stop smelling in around 6 hours.
Have an amazing day ahead everyone.

Monday 28 August

Another Gillette adjustable today, this time my standard 195 otherwise more commonly called the Fatboy, F4 1960.
This one earns it name as it feels a fair bit heavies than the later Slim adjustable. For all that it is a fine razor if not quite as nimble as the slim In the hand. If you haven’t already and are interested, go online and check out the interesting history and evolution of the early Gillette adjustable razors.
4th use 7o’clock blade, applied nicely scented Saponificio Felce Aromatica, brushed on with an old West German bristle.
The blade is definitely going off and two passes plus a fair bit of pick up we’re required to give a bbs finish. However, whilst no irritation from the soap there was one small weeper from repeated sweeps during pick up. Operator error probably and nothing of any consequence, so all good.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0260.jpeg

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm Yaqi Lucky Dice
Soap = Cella Aloe Vera with matching splash & balm.
IMG_2146.jpegA Brilliant Top Drawer Shave with one of my favourite razors & blades.
3 Passes mowed down with ease.
This razor might be mild but it’s efficient and works effortless.
This was a monday evening hangover shave,
And yes i was still rough 24 hours later,
Never mind iv got it all to do next week.
Until next time
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom