SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

Sunday 27 August
I managed two shaves this morning, :unsure:, but one was my normal shave and the other to my Ilex standard bushes. The latter was more of a buzz cut to be honest.
First the Ilex
Razor, Bosch electric Lithium
Blade, Bosch wide span fingers
Pre shave, on blade WD 40 professional silicone spray
post, wire brush and WD 40

The secret with this “razor” is not to get it anywhere near the parts of the body not involved in the shave. I made the mistake once but never again as nearly lost the top of my thumb :eek:
Result was never bbs but perfectly acceptable, the bush not my thumb, keep up at the back there :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 110538

Before

View attachment 110535

After

View attachment 110536

Earlier I had my shave of the day,
Razor, Gillette slim, 1966 L1 set on 6.
Blade, Gillette 7o’clock second use
Soap, Summer Fig

Result pretty much bbs in one pass. A very light atg pass and minor pick ups for a definitive bbs result.
Any of you fellas not tried the slim razor you really must it’s pretty amazing.
Enjoy your Sunday fellas.

View attachment 110537
Nice looking slim!

20230827_101652.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Hot shower.
Brush Shave factory Boar brush
Soap Proraso green.
Razor Stainless Steel Mongoose.
Blade FeatherPro.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

Not too much to say other than I smell fantastic and look Sublime to anything with a heartbeat.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Sunday 27th August

AIL4fc-aj79q2ZtCy-XlHlxyJNJfuZ9LDhTOgnAuhzJrLVSHj0pEeJsVHXyT26kOq9locw4HEwzszotdcS6v0BntAHE-dwwc2P_TblNVgcCJeTbNsBkVI2bO_A44FVcbLA41pU-1WYaVlfINp3Kf6FCh5MPeKQ=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig & Dorco HST300 (2)
Floid (Black) Aftershave

One day, two SOTD's? Whatever next? And neither did I know 'Sodit' according to my spell check is a word. I always thought it was 'Sod it'. Ah fuckit. It also shows how big my fingers are compared to my phones keyboard.

And a shave themed, 'Dilence of the Lambdad'

20230827_174416.jpg

Shhhhh :censored: (mmm mmm) - Lambda Athena
Silence! :sleep: - Feather
Bah bah brush - Zenith dark synthetic
With a nice ch ch ch cream - Floris Elite
:censored: me again. Mmmmoisturiser - Collegen
:whistle: pssscent - Floris Elite

'Satan? He's a twat'

I recently saw an Athena on the BST and the seller mentioned, 'Couldn't put up with the faff'. I understand completely. Take out of box, put in blade, shave, take blade out, clean, polish, put blade to one side, put razor back in box. A palaver I can live with. My wife does the same with me. Take out of box, use, return to box.

But palaver aside what it does do is shave in an incredible manner. It kind of sits between a Feather and an Ikon and delivers magnificence. Apart from that it is extremely handsome (something I couldn't lay claim to. But apparently @Boycie83 can. And does).

On this occasion it did what the Lambda does best. Gives bloody superb shaves. Superbly smooth, exceptionally close and sufficient for me to look it in to the mirror and say 'That was fucking brilliant'. I never do ask 'Mirror, mirror on the wall etc etc' as it is simply a waste of time and wasted breath.

Happy? Too bloody right.

From a star razor to Blistar and have a great Bank Holiday Monday you lovely people. Enjoy....

IMG_2691.jpeg
SOTD: 27/08/2023

Razor: Shield AC1
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Highlander 2023 Limited Edition
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Asian Plum Croap
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

I’m sorry guys but I gave into temptation, I had too many new toys to try! The new Highlander brush is wonderful I know the Tux knot well enough as I have one already and the weight and feel of the wood handle is great. I think I may need another wood resin hybrid! The Shield was another pleasant surprise, the handle is very short, and it weighs next to nothing when picking it up, but shaves very nicely. It certainly makes me miss the Vector less, it’s close but smooth, nimble and agile, what’s not to like? It’s not as aggressive as the Vector but a little more so than most of my other single edge razors. The shave felt like a smooth and easy affair until over confidence got the better of me and I nicked a small bump/spot on my chin! It’s not an exaggeration to say it’s in my top 5 nicks I’ve had since taking up the hobby! Totally self inflicted and a reminder that I need to take greater care especially with a new razor regardless of how simple it feels to use on a first use!
The A&E Asian Plum is another delightful fruity scent which adds to my soap ever growing soap collection. I love the A&E base and this fruity scent is a winner for me.
Overall a wonderful shave!

Back
Top Bottom