SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

ozPrL3I.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Reuzel
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Iridium Super BN-84 (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion

That is one big-arse tin of shaving cream.

SOTD: 31st August 2023.

16.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF. (Tallow Version)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL. /Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A comfortable smooth shave to finish the end of my Chinese clone razor focus month off in style. 'The Fat' never fails to provide a superb slick protective lather.

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 31-Aug
20230830_112038-01.jpeg
Brush: SOC Taj (31)
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Shield Predator
Blade: GEM PTFE (31)

Well I didn't want to put the same SOTD down for an entire month, but this is the end of Austere August. The entire month with the same software, hardware including the same physical blade. I won't do that again with the blade, but I know it can comfortably reach 23 shaves in this razor!

The best part of this one was taking a fresh boar and breaking in from start to finish, had a few dicey shaves at the beginning where I struggled to lather, but after that it was brilliant. The brush has developed really well.

But there was a real oddity, there's something wrong with my soap. Something weird has formed on the bottom that I've never seen before, perhaps one day I'll figure it out.
20230831_074038.jpg

Now I've got a difficult decision, despite this austerity the flood gates of software arriving have not closed, what the hell do I use now!!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

I had not planned a period of austerity but have also been using the same setup for 2 weeks hence my absence from SotD, for fear of boring everyone. I've only rotated the brushes to allow drying. Otherwise RR Hawk V3A, Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink and Officina Artigiana Milano Sapone da Barba. It's been enjoyable, but today I decided enough for one blade and time to change. I'm now on Gillette Slim (#5), Wilkinson Sword blade, today's brush was the Phantom Aerolite and the soap was E&S Rasage Oasis. Lovely.

SOTD: 31/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Puck
Balm: Eufros Premium Tallow Dama De Noche Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

I had not planned a period of austerity but have also been using the same setup for 2 weeks hence my absence from SotD, for fear of boring everyone. I've only rotated the brushes to allow drying. Otherwise RR Hawk V3A, Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink and Officina Artigiana Milano Sapone da Barba. It's been enjoyable, but today I decided enough for one blade and time to change. I'm now on Gillette Slim (#5), Wilkinson Sword blade, today's brush was the Phantom Aerolite and the soap was E&S Rasage Oasis. Lovely.
There is something oddly pleasant about not changing it up daily. Certainly get to grips with what you have in hand...though saying that time to change it up!

IMG_2707.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Goodfellas Smile Chronos Puck
Aftershave: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

A lovely mild shave bar the blade feeling a little rough at times despite it only being it’s second outing.

A couple of shaves to bring me up to date (despite the fact I am several years behind in reality) and these come published to you the shaving community with the theme, 'I am the one and only(?)'

20230829_181454.jpg

The one the only - Stainless Mongoose
One blade, one edge - Feather Professional
One brush to rule them all - Highlander LFC
Soapy one - Signature Soaps Condate
Oneness and the longest distance shaver - Simple
One on one - Cuban Cedar and Lime

'I am the one and lonely, that's what happens when married to a twat'

Now, I have been called and compared to a few things in life, but a WhatsApp message from a TSR member the other day said 'He looks at me as being like Chesney Hawkes'. Chesney fucking Hawkes!? Only being compared to Donald Trump could be considered a lower status. I guess I wouldn't mind if I did look like Chesney, but I look more like the spawn of Frankenstein.

I am now worried just in case someone down the road has mentioned in 'Nextdoor', 'Did you know Chesney Hawkes lives around here?'

And the shave? Truly a One and only shave and superlative from start to finish. With this assortment of goodies how could it ever go wrong? It can't and didn't. Simple as that.

One and only? Couldn't find a cover by any band of Japanese ladies, but I did find this...and the return of Midori

20230831_071213.jpg

One upmanship - Tatara Nodachi
One blade, two edges - Tiger
Brush once - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
One at the top - Captain Fawcett's
One at the bottom - Collegen
One to remember - Jack EDC

'Don't dare put that Chesney bloody Hawkes record on again'

A morning shave for a change as nothing too much to cut through last night, apart from my neck according to Mrs Satanfriendly. But a damn fine showing from this wonderful piece of Portuguese razormanship with a Tiger in its tank. Great effort from Team Lather and smelling sterling for the day ahead with the Jack EDC. Even if I do smell of cannabis being as that is one of its top notes. But so so different and away from the usual. I love the stuff.

Mmmmm, and who shall I end on today? Probably one of the biggest bands to pop out of Japan.....Not my usual tastes but guess you have to give them credit where its due. Baby Metal....

Last edited:
IMG_2720.jpeg

Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

My first time out with the Yaqi Romulus and I have to say I’ve got mixed feelings about it. It feels great in the hand, (though knew I’d probably have preferred the matte finish!) it’s well polished and nice and light. It seems well made but on my first outing I found it extremely mild. I know the razor/brand gets a lot of hate and accusations about being a Vector copy but if you were to mark the Vector at a 8/9 out of 10 for efficiency/aggressiveness, this would be at the opposite end of the scale, a 2/3. It actually doesn’t feel like a straight copy of the Excalibur in steel either, I found it milder than that too. Put it this way a fresh Feather Pro is normally a little harsh on a first use or two, this tames it completely! I’m sure it will make a great daily driver, it’s buttery smooth and mild but it’s not breaking into my top 3 as I thought it would as it’s a tad too mild, and certainly the mildest AC I’ve ever used. I need to give it more tries out obviously but not the slam dunk I expected, The Oren’s top position is still safe!

31/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Astra SP Green (Old Rusky)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 36 (6).jpg
As always the Brassbird delivered a smooth comfortable BBS finish. It deserved a bit TLC so has been polished back to its former glory after this shave.
The OSP soap and splash were fantastic, i much prefer James's old Alco splash to his newer non Alco version.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Thursday 31August
The month is going out here “daan sarf“ with a wet and chilly whimper.
Time for an invigorating shave. Cue the Merkur Progress adjustable with a 4th use Merkur blade.
Getting the blade to sit squarely in the head was a bit of a fiddle. Marks engraved on the razor head indicate the correct way to connect it to the base plate. So this wasn’t the problem, but it just all felt a bit loose during tightening hence the wonky first fit.
Applied the Saponificio Manna di Sicilia with my hand made Yew synthetic brush. Creamy lather with an ever so subtle scent, it’s a cracking soap! Looks like the soap moth has had a go at it though.
BBS finish after 2 passes and pick ups and the blade still feels good on its 4th use.
Enjoy the day fellas, September approaches!

IMG_0262.jpeg

31 August

Martin de Candre Original
Plisson synthetic
Gillette Adjustable E4 (5)
Personna med prep
Village Barber balm

3C827D8C-8607-4A44-9BC8-0C05AFCDC336.jpeg
What a fabulous lather! The MDC and the little Plisson excelled this morning. Modern synthetic brushes bring out the best in my soaps for me and my tap water. The old Gillette razor performed perfectly too. A very nice two pass shave with minimal effort.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( R3 )
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Custom Boar
Cream = Fitjar Islands Folgefonn
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Baxter Of California
IMG_2182.jpegRockwell 6s The power house of razors,
Never let’s me down a total workhorse that goes everywhere with me,
The R3 Plate is slightly mild for me but i forgot to bring the extras but a top drawer shave nonetheless.
This is another cream that’s nearly finished,
2 possibly 3 shaves left, i bought it in June 2020 so iv had my moneys worth for sure.
The Menthol in this one is spot on,
No weeping eyes but a wonderful cooling sensation which the balm had also.
Iv recently been shaving every 3 days rather than 2 due to being shattered when i get in from work.
It’s now 21.16 as i write this and my bed is looming.
Covid seems to be getting a food hold again so on that note
everyone take care

45DE7316-87E4-441E-8B75-4BBAA67454AD.JPG

Shave #3 on the Indian V12 blade. I tried it out in my Maggard Slant today, and had an uneventful shave. I'm coming down on the belief that this blade is very much smoother than it is sharper. At the moment that hasn't been an issue beyond it is a tad less efficient than maybe I prefer. It does absolutely shine in smoothness and face feel though so I'm willing to spend an extra minute cleaning up.

Catie's Tonsorium is just an easy classic. A comfy fougere like a soft warm sweater. Performance, for me, is very good. Easy to lather, good slickness, takes moisture easily, and doesn't dry out my face.

DFS+/BBS-

Back
Top Bottom