SOTD: Saturday 26 August - Friday 1 September 2023.

SOTD: 26th August 2023.

13.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: AP Shave Co. 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: The BodyShop Maca Root & Aloe Shave Cream.
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care + Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel./ Milton Lloyd Essentials No 3 EdP.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

The Kanzy K100 razor has a well-balanced weight it's closed 'tech type head' which holds the blade rigidly which blade chatter is reduced to minimum with no blade over-hang which is very comfortable to shave with additional protection of not catching my ear lobes or under my nose when shaving.

The maca root & aloe shave cream was one of the first creams I bought when I started traditional wet shaving, I didn't give it much attention to be honest at first which was very foolish on my behalf I'm now into my second tub today with a small amount it created a wonderful lather for both of my shaves I highly recommend giving this cream a try, if you haven't already, it's fragrance doesn't get top marks, but it's slickness, protection and post shave feeling are fantastically good.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No 3 EdP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

26/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Feather FHS-10
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 36 (1).jpg
The Oneblade just works, i don't know how, it just does. The engineering of it is fantastic. The Genesis for me is a much better shaver than the lighter Core version.
Early start today going to give one of my brothers a hand to build a fence. It has turned into a bit of a family gathering. I just hope the weather holds.
stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Today's shave:

rdt230826wid36.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Arctique
- Boti "Blue" Silvertip
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Ombia Cool aftershave

:cool:

SOTD: 26/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice weekend!

26 August

SV Felce Aromatica
Mühle Classic
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
SV Felce Aromatica asl

839172DE-BA66-429D-A4A4-D3E11B4FE60A.jpeg
A smooth, close and wonderful two pass shave. All of these shaving accoutrements are top of the game and this morning, apparently, so was I. The big Omega is back from its sojourn in Siberia tonight, so I’ll see if it’s up for shaving duties tomorrow.

Saturday 26 August

Yes, I know I rave about how good vintage Schick razors are but vintage Gillette is up there too. So, today an H3 1962 Aristocrat adjustable. It may only be an upmarket gold plated slim but it’s very well made and is a cracker of a razor, as is the slim. I finished off the last dregs of the Saponificio Cosmo sample soap. The Zenith didn’t disappoint, gently and easily applying a smooth creamy lather.
I missed out shaving yesterday, too busy, so had two days of growth, which is unusual for me. New 7 o’clock super platinum blade and razor set on 6, two passes and pick ups gave a relaxing and smooth bbs finish. No irritation or issues, splash on Summer fig (cheers @LeeMaz (y)) and happy boy I am!
Have a great weekend fellas

IMG_0257.jpeg

20230826_175231.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade - Treet Platinum
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Proraso Red

Last shave of my first week using the slant. Very impressed, especially for the price. Its not quite as effective as some of my more expensive, more aggressive and heavier razors, but it isn't far off and it's a lot cheaper. It's fun to use too, being a bit different to my norm...

IMG_2551.jpeg

Razor: Leaf Twig Thorn
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: DR Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT

Back
Top Bottom