SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

Thur 30th Nov.
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
Ever Ready Natural Angle [ Heavy Flat Top ]
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

With less than 24hrs since my last Shave and that with an ER 1924, my reduced whisker growth pointed me to use of a mild Razor. I chose to use the British version of the Gem G Bar, the less blingy ER HFT.

This is a Razor that I like to use, but being pretty mild requires extra effort get a really close Shave, due to my harsh beard. Having said that it could be used by many as a Daily Shaver, if they have a lighter beard than mine. Overall today I was pleased with the Shave I got, as with reduced beard growth I had a quicker than usual Shave with a more than acceptable finish.

IMG_0115.jpg

30/11/17

Brush - Yaqi Tux 24mm
Soap - Vitos Red
Blade - GWS (7)
Razor - DE89
Post - Turkish Tobacco Cologne/RSC Balm

Second shave with the Yaqi Tux and I'm liking it so far. Decent backbone, but a little springy. The water retention is very impressive and in use it was very effective in creating a lather with one of my favourite soaps - Vitos Red.

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – Sensor Excel
Blade – N/A
Brush - Rough,No Name Boar
Soap – Barrister & Mann: Hallows
Post - Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / The Sudsy Soapery: Lavender & Peppermint Aftershave Splash

As some of you may recall, my past outings with a Glissant base have been less than ideal, so this shave has been quite a breakthrough..... Hallows laid the base for what was an outstanding shave... and I never thought I'd hear myself saying that, even if it was a cart shave. HELL YEAH!

Last edited:
Thursday 30th November
Semogue 620
Blue's Goats Milk Tallow Soap
Gillette Black Tip (X2)
Voskhod Teflon Coated #3
Alum Wash
Brut A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
4nZn1yF.jpg

Forgot how good this soap is. The brush with its now soft tips whipped up a thick milk gum flavoured lather, which was a perfect medium giving a good shave.
Well pleased!!!

SOTD: 301117
SOTD 301117 4.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #2
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap; L&L Harmony
Brush: Maseto 2 Band
EDP: Rose of Bulgaria

A truly tremendous 3 pass BBs Shave using the magnificent Gem Razor.

Soap as expected whipped up a wonderful thick n Slick lather using the formidable Maseto 30mm 2 band.

Applied the Alum and the glorious scented Calani followed by a generous splash of Rose of Bulgaria.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Last edited:
View attachment 31264 ~SOTD~ Thursday 30th November

Prep ~ shower - Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux, freshly prepared
Brush ~ Anbbas Boar
Soap ~ Barrister and Mann ~ Leviathan
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Christian Dior ~ Oud Ispahan EDP

With good prep and all of the above a great shave was inevitable, left BB smooth and very happy with my choice of kit for this morning.
A spray of Oud Ispahan finnished off a perfect shave :) P.

Wishing you all a great day and to all of you North of the border a happy St Andrews day :) P.
An Outstanding set up P.
How are you finding the Annbas Boar? She looks a beauty! :)

An Outstanding set up P.
How are you finding the Annbas Boar? She looks a beauty! :)
Thank you Wayne, the Annbas boar brush is a great little brush, it has a heavy alloy handle and the bristles are breaking in quickly. For the £7.99 they cost on Amazon they are a steal. if you like boar brushes that are well made for not a lot of money I recommend you buy one.
:) P.

Thank you Wayne, the Annbas boar brush is a great little brush, it has a heavy alloy handle and the bristles are breaking in quickly. For the £7.99 they cost on Amazon they are a steal. if you like boar brushes that are well made for not a lot of money I recommend you buy one.
:) P.
Then buy one I shall Paul. :D
I have a couple of boars and I must say I really do like them.
A must buy for me.
Thank you mate. :)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Schick Proline B
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Tabac AS

IMG_20171130_165059.jpg
I've been neglecting my SEs recently, only once in the last week or so and that was with an injector.
Well, the superb MMOC reminded me what I was missing, excellent shave, helped along by the equally superb Tabac.
I've also been neglecting my ASL's, due to the cold, skin drying wind, I've been favouring balms. Not today I thought, so out came the Tabac.
Note to self, get a large bottle of this marvelous elixir.

Back
Top Bottom