SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

SOTD - The Big Shave 1st December 2017
I broke out the Boker King Cutter for my come back shave after my shoulder surgery. This is a beast of a razor and in full hollow she really sings. I coupled this with the Regents soap from Holy Black and what a shave it was. A smooth three pass with touch up - superb

If you want to see this shave on video follow this link and maybe subscribe to my YouTube Chanel?

Chemicals

Proraso Pre Shave Cream

Portugal 4711 After Shave

Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Balm

The Holy Black/Caswell-Massey X-over Regents Soap

Mechanicals

Traditional Shaving Company Silver Tip Badger
Boker King Cutter 5/8” Full Hollow

Very nice shave though I do get a slight hint of chocolate in the LPL ? Maybe it's just me...

AO5BV1Y.jpg

~ SOTD 1st December ~

Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Perma Sharp Super Stainless (2)
Brush - Simpson Commodore X3 Best Badger
Soap - Kent Luxury Shaving Soap
Aftershave - Floid Black
Balm - Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
20171201_130230.jpg
Decided to test the kent soap today to see if it really is the same as MWF which gives me some skin irritation first off it smelt exactly the same before I lathered it then it did smell a little different , the soap preformed just the same as the fat lovely thick and slick lather but to my surprise no irritation at all to my skin so there is definitely something different going on in this soap what it is I couldn't say I had a good shave with it and it was worth a try :)
@Blademonkey

SOTD 011217
SOTD 011217 3.jpg

Pre: 1912 Face Soap
Blade: Gem SS #2
Razor: ER 1912 Short Handle
Soap: Wicham's 1912 Club Cola
Brush: Razorock Barber Handle Synth
EDT: Issey Myake L'Eau D'Issey

A wonderful trouble free 3 pass BBS shave. This razor is pretty much at the top of the tree for me. Superb smooth performance.

The 1912 soap has amazing performance both in its cushion and slickness and its outstanding post shave feel.

The brush again is possibly the best Synthetic I own. It is so easy to use and never lets me down. Cloud soft bristles and a wonderful flow through.

Finished with no feed back from the alum and a small amount of Calani Balm. The balm has an amazing scent, it takes a little time to work its way into your skin but is well worth the wait.

Topped off with a generous spray of Issey Myake. What more could I ask for?

Enjoy your shave! :)

Last edited:

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Cream: Palmolive Classic (European)
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Personna Super Iridium (3)
Splash: Floid Vigaroso

A fairly speedy shave today. Three passes, using the Palmolive Cream for the first time. A somewhat bland generic scent, but lathered very easily and the performance was fine. Not a huge amount of residual slickness, but loads of suds for the three passes.
The S1 Slant continues to impress with its smoothness.

fri 1st December,

Victoria Boar- Vintage 60`s from my service days.
Blue`s Soap
Gem FWMM
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Continued my run of Vintage SE Shaves, with this Minty Flying Wing found hiding in its brown bakelite case in the drawer amongst the 1912. Knew from using one that i sold on that they are known as a mild Razor.

Loaded with a fresh blade, the Razor though mild and smooth was obviously efficient. I completed the Shave with ease, being able to take advantage of the mildness by doing enough polishing up work to attain a nice close all round finish. Enjoyed this Shave more than that with the ER Natural Angle yesterday.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting as I have Just received the loan of a Blackland Sabre [L1] from fellow forum member Kevin @Boru62 . Thanks Kevin, will not keep it too long :).Just wonder how it will fare after using a Streamline, 1912,1924, a Natural Angle, and a Gem FWMM this week.

IMG_0440.jpg

Greetings

Friday 1st December 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette 'Old' Clone (Made in England)
Blade: 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (yellow pkt)
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Cream: Rose of Bulgaria
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDT: Bogart Arabian Nights

A delightful shave from this razor which can quite fairly be described as a piece of old junk I bought from a car boot sale; I cannot now recall whether I payed £1.00 or £1.50 for it but in any event with one shim it shaves like a dream!

Regards
Dick.

1.12.17.JPG

Tomorrow is going to be interesting...
Look forward to reading how you get on Mike, cheers for the tag.

SOTD
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Brass General
Blade: Feather Pro
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Stirling Sandalwood PSB
IMG_20171201_155949.jpg

Love the scent of this soap, a really true Sandalwood with the faintest hint of Coconut, sublime.
The PSB takes a little while to absorb and for some reason, the Coconut is a tad more pronounced, but it's still a very nice scent and leaves the skin feeling good.

Last edited:
Friday 1st December 2017
Sotd 1st Dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat K2
Blade: NOS 1963 Gillette Silver (#1)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Cream: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet AS and Balm

Superb shave, and I smell good too.

Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
OSP Barbershop soap
Merkur 34C HD
Derby Extra (2)
Lime witch hazel
Old Spice AS

The Derby blade held it's own on it's second outing. Though I won't use use it a third time not wanting to risk it not performing well
My choice of soap tonight was whipped up to perfection by the ever so soft 24mm Tuxedo knot. It was a pleasure to use these items tonight, Very rewarding.
Three passes have left every facet smooth and irritation free
I think I over did it with the Old Spice, but what the hell !

Back
Top Bottom