SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

Sat 25th Nov.

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Supply SE-V1, on 3 plate
Personna [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Have finally got to grips with the Supply SE, it took me a long time to get the Shaving angle right, and even then the Shaves were somewhat patchy. All has now come good since I started to use a Personna blade. This is a surprise as I did not get on with Personnas too well when I used them in Vintage Injectors.
Pleased to say that this is my Third really good shave with this Razor/Blade combination, attained very comfortably without drama and no post shave problems. I do not have to lash out and buy a more aggressive plate now things seem to be working well for me.

IMG_0096.jpg

Last edited:
untitled%201%20of%201-65_zpsgztvvjfo.jpg

CHARCOAL GOODS :: TONY FORSYTH Prism:: SAPONIFICIO VARESINO Manna di Sicilia

Friday 24th November 2017
Sotd 25 nov.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Cobra (on loan)
Blade: Feather Pro (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: Wickham Soap Russian Leather
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Wickham Soap Russian Leather

First shave with the Cobra, very kindly lent to myself by @Digimonkey. It really is a superb razor, it took 3 passes but I could have a got away with 2, but for a first shave I was very impressed. I found it very easy to get the angle straight away and it felt so smooth and effortless, I was quite comfortable with this razor within a few strokes. Looking forward to trying some other blades in this razor while I have it.

Sat 25th Nov.

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Supply SE-V1, on 3 plate
Personna [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Have finally got to grips with the Supply SE, it took me a long time to get the Shaving angle right, and even then the Shaves were somewhat patchy. All has now come good since I changed to a lighter but grippier handle and started to use a Personna blade. This is a surprise as I did not get on with Personnas too well when I used them in Vintage Injectors.
Pleased to say that this is my Third really good shave with this Razor/Blade combination, attained very comfortably without drama and no post shave problems. I do not have to lash out and buy a more aggressive plate now things seem to be working well for me.

View attachment 31162

It took me a while to get to grips with the SE, once I got the angle right, all clicked. I really enjoy this razor now, so much I went for the v2.0.

Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Alpha - Grooming, Citrus & Neroli Shaving Oil
Razor - Sabre-SE.
Blade - Gem PTFE (Day 3).
Soap - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Soap.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Splash and Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

A very enjoyable 2 pass shave, BBS finish. Minor razor burn on my neck from the second pass, which dissapeared 20 minutes after the shave.

All the best,

Chris

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: ATT S2 (on loan from @Blackmass)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
View attachment 31154

Not much of a test for the S2 as I shaved with the R2 about 17hrs ago.
First impressions, not as efficient as the R2, few pick ups required around the chin and upper lip, which caused a little bit of irritation.
It's only my first go, so things should improve and maybe it'll prefer a whole days growth to contend with.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Give it time, give it time. I think it's more efficient and smoother than the R2.

Last edited:
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Personna Tungsten (19)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band
Soap: Nuavia Blu
A/S: Floid Blue
Scuttle: Junichi Tanaka Blue

Excellent three pass shave with a clean up under my chin for a near BBS. I've been watching football today, however, I haven't drank any beer so I have made no purchases.
:)

View attachment 31172
A stunning Pic and set up my friend. :)

Back
Top Bottom