SOTD Saturday 25th November 2017 - Friday 1st December 2017

Jersey, how wonderful, have you always lived there ? P.

My wife was born here but I have only been here since 2008 (moving from London) and we have no intention of leaving. We live surrounded by farmland and are still only 5 mins from sandy beaches and 5 mins from the main town St Helier :cool:

For us, it makes for a great family / work balance, though house price are shocking:eek:

My wife was born here but I have only been here since 2008 (moving from London) and we have no intention of leaving. We live surrounded by farmland and are still only 5 mins from sandy beaches and 5 mins from the main town St Helier :cool:

For us, it makes for a great family / work balance, though house price are shocking:eek:
Wow, London to Jersey, polar opposites! I love Cornwall but would move to Jersey in a heartbeat! :) P.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: ATT S2 (on loan from @Blackmass)
Blade: Gillette Nacet

IMG_20171125_112918.jpg
Not much of a test for the S2 as I shaved with the R2 about 17hrs ago.
First impressions, not as efficient as the R2, few pick ups required around the chin and upper lip, which caused a little bit of irritation.
It's only my first go, so things should improve and maybe it'll prefer a whole days growth to contend with.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Udn0SLc2_o.jpg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Schick Krona
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Calani Oriental Plum
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Cerruti 1881 Men

What a scent on the Calani, so rich and intoxicating. I know they have a balm but what I would do for an EDt or Cologne of that scent.... A good shave today with the Krona, these blades aren't my favourite but they were good enough, smooth and no irritation. I think my brush was a little dry to load, lost a hair! Face lathered and had a fanastic abunance of lather, I'm not usually a face latherer but it has been a great experience the past few days. The BBA balm arrived today, seems I was very lucky with the discount when I ordered it, three bottles for £16.50! Bargain of the Century! The only thing now is to decide one squirt or two....

SOTD 251117
SOTD 251117 3.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #4
Razor: ER Streamline
Brush: Epsilon 26mm Horse Hair
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
EDT: Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey

A lovely relaxing 3 pass BBS shave with the Ever Ready Steamline.

First time use of this soap and boy am I impressed. The scent is sublime and it whipped up into a slick protective lather using my recently acquired Epsilon Horse Hair brush.

Finished with the Oriental Plum aftershave balsam again my first time use. Amazing scent, the Balm takes an age to absorb but once it does it leaves your skin feeling so soft and refreshed.

A generous splash of my current favourite Issey Miyake and off to Cardiff I go to watch Wales get smashed by the All Blacks in rugby where one or two beers will be shared.

Have a lovely weekend all and enjoy your shaves.! :)

SOTD 251117
View attachment 31157

Blade: Gem SS #4
Razor: ER Streamline
Brush: Epsilon 26mm Horse Hair
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
EDT: Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey

A lovely relaxing 3 pass BBS shave with the Ever Ready Steamline.

First time use of this soap and boy am I impressed. The scent is sublime and it whipped up into a slick protective lather using my recently acquired Epsilon Horse Hair brush.

Finished with the Oriental Plum aftershave balsam again my first time use. Amazing scent, the Balm takes an age to absorb but once it does it leaves your skin feeling so soft and refreshed.

A generous splash of my current favourite Issey Miyake and off to Cardiff I go to watch Wales get smashed by the All Blacks in rugby where one or two beers will be shared.

Have a lovely weekend all and enjoy your shaves.! :)
Great picture Wayne and a great set up, Oriental plum and the Streamline, can it get better! P.

Saturday;

BA8_EE3_A4-88_CD-4262-99_E8-_FAAF92_E594_ED.jpg

6C (#3)
Nacet (#2)
Cella
Midas Synth

Quick two-pass after lunch-time. I opted for the #3 plate, which I dismissed initially, after more familiarity gained with this razor. I had a good, clean shave but not overly close. I don't think Cella and I see eye to eye, I'm feeling a little tingly despite a good shave and quite dry...

Who's next? :)

Back
Top Bottom