La Toja Stick
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C plate 5
Treet Platinum (1)
Peppermint witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
L'oreal Balm
Kouros EdT

I managed to get a few weepers on my neck and 'tache area. I put this down to the Treet blade, (first use with these blades). I think they're a little too keen for my skin. It did shave very close though.
I've recently been using a balm over aftershave and I think there is a benefit from it. My skin feels more supple and hydrated.
Finished off with Kouros. Smelling good and nowhere to go !

And theme this evening was 'Laziness'

The combined 'what watch are you wearing?' and SOTD

uc

R89/ATT Colossus/Feather
Muhle synthetic faux horn
Gentlemen's Tonic cream

Watch Tissot PRC 200

At work on the ship this moment so easy shaves are always a big plus. The old faithful razor combination with my cream of the moment. The brush I am in two minds about as to me it is too dense but this evening it did its job and it did it well. The Gentlemen'a Tonic is forgiving though of brushes and brush techniques.

Very baby bottomed and feel good which is what matters

Tissot PRC as it just goes on and on. I do have the updated version but it misses the elegance and balance of the original. This is my do it all watch. Work, play it always looks the part.

Apologies the waffle on the watch

Last edited:
SOTD: 27th March 2018.

10+.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'Oreal Men Expert ~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl + 6 drops of glycerin.

Blade: Silver Star ~ Super Stainless. (1)

Razor: Muhle R89 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Boots ~ Moisturising Cream.

David Beckham ~ Instinct A/S.

Greetings,

Today the silver star ss blade paired up with my r89 perfectly,these blades are normally sharp & efficient however, today the first pass felt a little tuggy, but the following passes it was smooth.

The r89 is always a pleasure to shave with, what ever the blade i've matched her up with, she always performs to a good standard,what more could i ask for?..A wonderful performing value for money de razor, if i only had to have one de razor this would be a very high contender.

The addition of the glycerin drops to the wilkinson sword soap bowl provided me with a wonderful slick protective lather, a very enjoyable comfortable shave.

Finishing the shave off with the last few drops of David Beckham ~ Instinct A/S...not to worry though, i have another full bottle to crack open.

My face is feeling refreshed, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD_20180327.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - 27mm Jefferson Vastness LE B4 (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Beta 4.3 - Special Edition
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Balm

Tuesday 27th March

Vitos Preshave Cream
Nanny's Neroli Shaving Soap
Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic Brush
Ming Shi 2000S Razor (2.5, 3.5, 5)
Treet Durasharp Carbon Steel Blade
Alum and Rinse
Kiehl's Ultimate ASB/Moisturiser
Worth pour Homme EDT

Still having issues with the butchery I experienced at the end of last week. While in pensive mood last night I scratched the scar.....so it was back to an efficiency progression this morning.
3 passes for a BBS shave:)

Tue 27th March

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Speick Active
ATT Se1 + Windrose Handle
Schick Proline [ 14 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Today moved on a bit from a lightweight Shave with the N3 Injector to a heavier AC/SE. I have experimented with different handles on the ATT Se1, and the one in use s probably the heaviest.
I find that it provides me with great Shaves, the key being to have the confidence to let the weight do
the work.
Despite the perceived problem of weight, the Razor can be used with precision to eliminate stubborn areas of growth. I had a really satisfying Shave, as by not rushing I was rewarded by an ultra close all round finish.

IMG_0037.jpg

Saturday-Sunday- Monday
Rexell Menthol shaving foam
Gillette Contour cart
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB

An unexpected couple of days in hospital and this kit had to do. Pen's ASB at least brought a little touch of luxury.

Tuesday
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol
Stirling 2-Band Synthetic
RazoRock Black Hawk
Feather ProGuard (1)
Aloe Vera Gel

Much more enjoyable shave today :)

Back
Top Bottom