Sotd - Tuesday 27/03/18

Razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Schick Proline (3)
brush - Yaqi synth
soap - Stirling 'Barbershop' tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Williams Aqua Velva - Spanish
balm - Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
scent - Acqua De Parma edt - Mirto de Panarea.

Result - how much did I enjoy that?

Taking off a week's growth I think. I looked like a goddam' hippy - Willie Nelson in a wind tunnel. Nothing wrong with looking like a hippy obviously - speaking as one that has seen the Grateful Dead live. First use of a Stirling soap - it was really good - really, really good - not withstanding the odd putty like appearance - it's called 'Barbershop' but not a scent I would associate with the term. Barbershop as a description - is a bit nebulous - but I kind of think of a Cologne sort of thing. This isn't. It's sweeter - a bit of PlayDough in there. Good luck with that reference - if you're not British and about the same age as me. Not in any way shape or form unpleasant - just not what I was expecting. Ease of lathering, stability and post shave feel were exemplary. It's a tallow soap - no shit? Fantastic lather. I have a bit of a love - hate relationship with synth brushes - well, mostly hate - I have one in the den for travel - a Satin Tip - but that's about it. In fairness - I would have to say that I enjoyed using the Yaqi - it's terrifyingly large - it looks like a flower vase with a knot stuck in the top. You almost need two hands to pick it up. I have no idea idea what model it is - as the lovely @Barry Giddens - who gifted it to me - the soap too, couldn't remember. He's strictly top end badger these days - a spot of boar for a bit of rough. I really enjoyed the brush - massive face feel - what you want with a week's growth - I only face lather when shaving - almost like a two-band - hugely resilient but soft tips. I was impressed - but as B. said when he sent it to me - 'Ugly Innit?' Yup. Even its own mother would think that. It hit every branch on the ugly tree on the way down. The last of my initial order of Neil's balms to use - @BartsBalm - again top quality - the scent is lovely. Mock Aventus - bang on. If you haven't tried these products - I couldn't recommend them too highly. In my experience you won't get better value in post shaving products. So - job done - a wee spray of ADP - I smell lovely - I'm home alone so nobody else is going to tell me that. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Oh - I've just realised looking up at my avatar - this will be my 1000'th post on the site. It ought to be a time so say something profound - but unfortunately profundity isn't my forte. I'd like to thank my fellow members for their generosity - both - in actuality - gifts - generous trades - bst deals you couldn't ignore - and also in spirit - the sharing of knowledge and opinions. This is the only social media I do - I hope that I have contributed too.

SOTD 27/03/2018

hvsALBBuqfdaCdO2sb0KOQ2QJlM0lOvdlm0iHoqK-0T95kCSxZdNBIcHHdr4xv-AzYNSEjmXaXr79T4o1mibRQXPkl48c7y9gVTxquOdIharIrshZUg2fRe4c8aysBcr4KKAxI8eVtY6tWtOueidN5xoQon8bhIZ-Ms5zt9sb_cQnrBRrHxbxwfu4_b9zNQLQlOOmHAe69vhZbgIOPKrKXFBFxxqvKtyHL-CXXjbc4HmySj29YNxpFZO91nd_dc3dtTFMplfuL0wWuvjEjMR9Th0WNw3cRqVXDYKRaVnhDfBHo_4Nm9Cc62vDkXwUfqOsInLJxzc-dacoWqTmZA8h4B0HbqF2XXKi7W2yMblQdpgwSqbrMI8XfXSfMCFJPPn9ebb3ZqQnej3lGbShcwO7qfPr_ni-Vvpi024gSt0_XHswVWyLn3czmfuEwKLk_nHnzZlQduppuDMz6U2oILG-0saRVWVp3wzB7fJVf73BYuV5iLQppnKG7x71I6f8Ea-o17PrkL2-np_Bc_LUxOcvzqpszHxukE_zNNEYhu3nciaOIlE8wlEqueuwB4v5eSBhQ-9mC5B6xNe-mLixCkN743Jcp_YjCTv4PkBtNcLEM3pKZO10sDRPXvNpo2EMg3S3SlIPDo0jLmLSdFrsqXVbkfVwA1XGPYF=w1600-h1200-no

Charcoal Soap
Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream & Haryali Synthetic (White)
Souplex Minor & SuperMax Blue Diamond (1)
Two Pass - WTG
Witch Hazel Toner
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme EDT
Pinaud Eau de Quinine Hair Tonic​

Date: 28 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed 6x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- Muhle Rocca R96
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

SOTD_20180328.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Beta 4.3 - Special Edition
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Balm

Sotd - Tuesday 27/03/18

Razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Schick Proline (3)
brush - Yaqi synth
soap - Stirling 'Barbershop' tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Williams Aqua Velva - Spanish
balm - Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
scent - Acqua De Parma edt - Mirto de Panarea.

Result - how much did I enjoy that?

Taking off a week's growth I think. I looked like a goddam' hippy - Willie Nelson in a wind tunnel. Nothing wrong with looking like a hippy obviously - speaking as one that has seen the Grateful Dead live. First use of a Stirling soap - it was really good - really, really good - not withstanding the odd putty like appearance - it's called 'Barbershop' but not a scent I would associate with the term. Barbershop as a description - is a bit nebulous - but I kind of think of a Cologne sort of thing. This isn't. It's sweeter - a bit of PlayDough in there. Good luck with that reference - if you're not British and about the same age as me. Not in any way shape or form unpleasant - just not what I was expecting. Ease of lathering, stability and post shave feel were exemplary. It's a tallow soap - no shit? Fantastic lather. I have a bit of a love - hate relationship with synth brushes - well, mostly hate - I have one in the den for travel - a Satin Tip - but that's about it. In fairness - I would have to say that I enjoyed using the Yaqi - it's terrifyingly large - it looks like a flower vase with a knot stuck in the top. You almost need two hands to pick it up. I have no idea idea what model it is - as the lovely @Barry Giddens - who gifted it to me - the soap too, couldn't remember. He's strictly top end badger these days - a spot of boar for a bit of rough. I really enjoyed the brush - massive face feel - what you want with a week's growth - I only face lather when shaving - almost like a two-band - hugely resilient but soft tips. I was impressed - but as B. said when he sent it to me - 'Ugly Innit?' Yup. Even its own mother would think that. It hit every branch on the ugly tree on the way down. The last of my initial order of Neil's balms to use - @BartsBalm - again top quality - the scent is lovely. Mock Aventus - bang on. If you haven't tried these products - I couldn't recommend them too highly. In my experience you won't get better value in post shaving products. So - job done - a wee spray of ADP - I smell lovely - I'm home alone so nobody else is going to tell me that. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Oh - I've just realised looking up at my avatar - this will be my 1000'th post on the site. It ought to be a time so say something profound - but unfortunately profundity isn't my forte. I'd like to thank my fellow members for their generosity - both - in actuality - gifts - generous trades - bst deals you couldn't ignore - and also in spirit - the sharing of knowledge and opinions. This is the only social media I do - I hope that I have contributed too.
I would say that you have made a major contribution Iain. Your shave reports are an absolute joy.

Wednesday 28th March

RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
OSP Bay Rum Soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
GEM Featherweight Razor with a GEM SS Blade
Alum and Rinse
Kiehl's Ultimate ASB/Moisturiser
Benjamin's Bay Rum
Khaltat Al Jabriya EDP

3 passes and a small touchup for a wonderfully smooth shave:)

SOTD 28MAR18.JPG
SOTD 28MAR18
Razor: Wolfman .67 Polished Bronze WR1 | WRH7
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: C&R | Declaration
Soap: Grooming Dept. 'Incense & Rose'
I have to give a huge shout out to Mohammad for sending this to me. A funny thing; last Sunday (Palm Sunday) we went to a church nearby to hear the mass and grab some palm branches because that's what happens on Palm Sunday in Naples, Italy. I was listening to the mass and they had incense burning, this brought me to a thought about what Mohammad had written on the DFS forum about his inspiration for this soap. I found it so funny that two days later, I would receive a surprise package from him and it would contain three huge soap samples and this tub of Incense & Rose. I was blown away at how only a couple of days ago I was super intrigued based on my experience of smelling the incense burning during that Palm Sunday mass and then, all of a sudden, I actually get to smell the soap. I have to say that the incense is spot on with what I smelled the other day and the rose adds a sweetness to it and doesn't over power the vibe. I'm happy! Thank you, Mohammad! Thank you as well to Brent for your kind words.

Morning shave.

Olive Oil Soap
Extro Lavanda Muschio
Omega 10098 Boar
Little Wren Pottery
Gillette Tech
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Speick Aftershave
Le 3' Homme de Caron EDT

My first use of a Tech thanks to the generosity of @shaunwistow. Between us, Shaun and I think it's an English Ball End from the 50's. And what fun it was to use! Yes it is very mild. But I had time for 3 leisurely passes this morning and I'm very nearly BB smooth. Thanks to the extraordinary generosity of members of our little community I have a two more Techs on their way. I look forward to giving them a spin.

Back
Top Bottom