SOTD : Saturday 24th February - Friday 2nd March 2018

S.O.T.D 24/02/18:

7b5ad3dfce2c3b2664a491c3d27d95bb.jpg

[emoji836]️Barrister's Reserve Lavender Sample [emoji836]️Razzor Blue Badger Silvertip [emoji836]️Parker 94R [emoji836]️Derby Extra (2) [emoji836]️Myrsol Agua Balsamica [emoji836]️
Brilliant relaxing scent on this soap, made the shave mellow and enjoyable, after the final rinse, skin was left supple and conditioned, no need for any post shave, but the myrsol was an excellent pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD_20180225.jpg

• Safety Razor: Merkur - 1904 (42C)
  • Blade: Kai
  • Shaving Brush: El Druida - 25mm Vimocca (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Portus Cale - Black Edition
  • After-Shave: Portus Cale - Black Edition - Balm

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Holy Kaw Lav Sublime
Razor: Gibbs No.15 on 4
Blade: Astra SP

IMG_20180225_085821.jpg
For a tallow free soap this isn't bad. Slickness is reasonable and post shave is okay. The scent is pretty subdued but I like it, a faint earthy lavender with subtle but fresh lime.
Happy Shaving one and all!

SOTD: 25th February 2018.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Arko Shave Stick (Disk) .

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (2)

Razor: YingJili (Chinese tech) .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel.

Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne.

Greetings,
A very relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday morning shave with no errors to report.

A nice slick lather & post shave feeling was provided from the outstanding Arko stick,for it's cost, this and the Derby shave stick, i will always have in my shaving den..,Superb soap. The yingjili razor, performed brilliantly with the GSB,all in all a excellent DFS.

The YingJili razor was passed on to me by a work mate,last year and i must state for what it may have cost, name & looks, it performs with great smoothness and suprising efficiency...another wonderful addition to my shaving den...

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Duru~ Mandarin Cologne.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

HclKn1Hj_o.jpg

Simspons Milk Churn
Rockwell 6S
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Calani Iberische Sonne
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada

A sunny day and bright sunny smelling shave for today, also a superb shave. Everything performed excellently. Been a while since I used this soap and the scent is fantastic, very bright and the usual Calani lather. A tentative use of the Silver Blue but it gave a good, close shave. No sting from the alum and finished off with a nice spritz of Alvarez Gomez.

Sunday

The Fat
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional
Alum block
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Platinum a/s

A cracking shave this morning. I hadn't used The Fat in a while. Come to think of it, I hadn't paired it with my AC; and it really did the biz. Plenty protection and cushion for the Feather. It also allowed good glide at that (for me) awkward bit at the round of the chin. The Fat does tend to clog a little bit when rinsing the razor; but nothing critical.

A lovely smooth finish; and not too much protest at the alum stage. I have a nice cool menthol burn from the Platinum too. Did I read somewhere that Mr. Fine has hiked up the price of his software recently?
772C9890-9CDA-4123-9E76-EE7903FAFF31.jpeg

Sunday

The Fat
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional
Alum block
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Platinum a/s

A cracking shave this morning. I hadn't used The Fat in a while. Come to think of it, I hadn't paired it with my AC; and it really did the biz. Plenty protection and cushion for the Feather. It also allowed good glide at that (for me) awkward bit at the round of the chin. The Fat does tend to clog a little bit when rinsing the razor; but nothing critical.

A lovely smooth finish; and not too much protest at the alum stage. I have a nice cool menthol burn from the Platinum too. Did I read somewhere that Mr. Fine has hiked up the price of his software recently?
View attachment 33616

Yes the greedy sod has increased his price to $25 per bottle so the likes of Shavelounge charging £25.[emoji35]

Back
Top Bottom