SOTD : Saturday 24th February - Friday 2nd March 2018

SOTD_20180224.jpg

• Straight Razor: Carl Schlieper - 8/8
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - 27mm Jefferson Vastness LE B4 (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponification - v 11 (sample)
  • After-Shave: Clubman Pinaud - ASL

Colonial Razors,Alu General
Schick Proline
Semogue 620 Boar
Wickham 1912 Classic 24
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Razorock xXx
View attachment 33590

Up with a spring in my step this morning as the wife and I will soon be making our way to Tarbert in Argyll (west coast of Scotland).We have been treated to a few nights on a luxurious converted barge. Scottish breakfast will be provided in the Anchor hotel that is situated close by.
View attachment 33591

Thanks to our twin daughters,what a nice surprise.

Enjoy your weekend gentlemen,I will !!!

Great part of the World, I will be up to Sutherland at Easter for a few days break. [emoji41]

39563443735_dc1866fd23.jpg

First attempt at a reflection, I know its crap :D ...Learning a little Photoshop, as a veteran MS Paint user its a steep learning curve but amazing what can be achieved with very little effort.

First shave with the Feather Popular, loaded with a Hi-Stainless blade. A DFS was had with minimum effort and maximum comfort, tomorrow I'll push it a bit and see if BBS is achievable (its mild so may take 4 passes.)

Saturday 24th February 2018
sotd 24th Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Truefitt & Hill face scrub and Proraso white
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: NOS Personna (#2)
Brush: Razorock 400
Bowl: Korium
Soap: Geo F. Trumper - Spanish Leather cream
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa balm
EDT: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

2nd shave with the NOS Personna blade, either this blade does not suit an Injectomatic or they are just not very sharp. The shave felt smooth but after 3 passes I would expect a better result. I will have to try another of these blades in a different injector before I write them off.

Sat 24th Feb
RazoRock Syn.24mm
Stirling Baker Street
Supply SE~V2 No 3 plate
Schick Proline ( 8 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Had a late Shave today as was away overnight and decided to Shave when I got home.You cannot beat a Shave in your open space. After an ultra smooth shave with a Golden 500 yesterday, I thought lt might outshave the Supply, so put it to the test.
The Supply is a different animal to the 500, quite heavy and with the revised No 3 plate more aggressive. I really enjoyed the Shave which more lively than yesterday, as more care and attention is needed with this Razor than most Injectors.Pleased to say I am getting good close all round Shaves with the Supply, which are as good as I get with most Injectors.

IMG_0256.jpg

Saturday AM 2018-02-24

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle (Hamada & Purple)
Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (33/53) (new brush)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (vintage)
RazoRock Mamba/UFO Colibri 77
Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave

As expected, the brush is a dense lather hog, but it has surprisingly moderate backbone and very soft tips. The Colibri feels a bit too short to be comfortable for me.
O8i2PWW.jpg

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
Soap: Local Gent: Anubis
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

A sublime shave.... even if you're thinking of getting only one Local Gent soap, let it be Anubis.. outstanding in every way.

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash
Pre Shave: John's #2 homemade shave oil (lavender & sandalwood)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912 SE
Blade: Personna GEM
Brush: Gentlemen's Tonic Super Badger
Bowl: Qshave
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood.

My first shave with the 1912 and to say I'm impressed is an understatement, a superb bit of kit that cost me the princely sum of £6.90 inc P&P and gave me an excellent and irritation free shave. Bargain.

Date: 25 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue 2000
Soap/Cream:- I Coloniali
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Frankenrazor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Rockwell Chrome handle
Blade:- Kai Stainless Steel #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Back
Top Bottom