SOTD : Saturday 24th February - Friday 2nd March 2018

2/3/18

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Cella
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Treet Durasharp (1)
Post - Nivea Balm
AS - Eyup Sabri Tobacco

The Yaqi DOC is quickly becoming my favourite razor, it's smooth and efficient and produces excellent results and worked really well with Treet Durasharp which was incredibly smooth. Delightful shave today, reminded me why I enjoy this hobby so much.
Nice shave set up...my Yaqi DOC head will be arriving soon, i'm looking forward to shaving with her, with my parker 24C handle, Open comb razors have a reputation of been aggressive, they can be, but any razor can, which is misleading, i find them very smooth & efficient,and match up really well with most DE blades, the only thing which i find you have to do with the parker 24C OC is use a steeper angle when shaving, which is a little awkward at first, but once you train your mind to adjust to a steeper angle when using the 24C, sublime shaves will be rewarded...I'll shave with the Yaqi DOC head ,as i do with all my other razors until i find my sweet spot , which i'll find after a few shaves hopefully.
Regards.;)

Last edited:
Friday

TOBS Cedarwood
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Steve Woodhead Ceramics bowl
RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Schick Proline P
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Floris Elite EdT

I can't remember when I bowl lathered last, so I thought I'd keep my hand in.

I'd also forgotten what a good cream TOBS Cedarwood is. A small almond sized snurdle in the damp brush gave ample unctuous lather. Letting it stay on my face for a couple of minutes made for a lovely slick shave.

Finished off with a squirt or two of the Floris Elite. Excellent stuff - very green and woody.
9CC97EF0-6729-47A7-932B-B01C85D6438D.jpeg

Friday AM 2018-03-02

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (28/52)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soap
RazoRock Mamba/Stork Consul Titanium
Polsilver Super Iridium (12)
Love My Skin Almond aftershave
BucE6ii.jpg

SOTD 02/03/18 Had a bit of growth to shift so the razor of choice was a Rockwell 6S on plate 6, Personna Med Prep blade, Wickham Soap Co 1912 Cashmere (bergamot, basil leaf with white patchouli and oak moss), Maseto Shaving Extra Density 2 Band 24mm Finest Badger - the Talisker Dark Storm aptly describes the weather we've had for most of the week and a dram will be partaken off later...

180302_SOTD_Balanced.jpg

SOTD 02/03/18 Had a bit of growth to shift so the razor of choice was a Rockwell 6S on plate 6, Personna Med Prep blade, Wickham Soap Co 1912 Cashmere (bergamot, basil leaf with white patchouli and oak moss), Maseto Shaving Extra Density 2 Band 24mm Finest Badger - the Talisker Dark Storm aptly describes the weather we've had for most of the week and a dram will be partaken off later...

View attachment 33718

I particularly like the whisky angle. I shaved once after a few drams. Only once mind, it was painfull

Fri 2nd March
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Super Red
Schick Type F
Schick S/S ( 3-Japan )
La Toja A/S lotion

Started the week intending to be using AC/SEs, but somehow got sidetracked into having a second outing with a Schick Type F. Have found out that my first outing was probably rubbish due to a dodgy blade
Today was my third outing with the F, which though mild is delivering me Top Notch Shaves.My Soap Choice the Vitos as usual assisted me to have a really pleasant Shave.I have been using the Japanese Schick which may be a key factor in the Shave quality I am getting, will have to try out a Chick, or a Proline which was not good before as I may have misloaded it.Am really chuffed that this my Birth Year Razor is working so well for me.

IMG_0012.jpg

SOTD: 020318
View attachment 33716

Razor: Rolls
Brush: Razorock 400 handle with TGN 24mm finest knot
Soap: WSP Sandalwood
EDT: Joop

Having plenty of time on my hands this afternoon being snowbound I decided to use my recently honed and sharpened Rollls Razor. Thank you @Fergiebilly it is very sharp, ask my finger. :rolleyes::)

It is like shaving with a straight on a stick although a lot easier may I add.
Keeping the blade virtually horizontal to your skin I managed a decent 2 pass shave with a few touch ups without the loss of any blood I am pleased to report.
I do recommend trying one of these @Bazz they are an experience if nothing else.

I don't think the soap helped. In Insight I wish I went for a much slicker soap like Talobra for example as despite the blade being very sharp I still experienced some tugging.

The handle and knot combo is fantastic.

All in all a great nostalgic experience but I am far from BBS.. There is always next time and I think you need a little practice to get the best out of this razor.

Enjoy your shaves! :)
Try Dumping the Guard Bar..:D:D

Billy

Hello partners.
SOTD 03-02-2018.
Pre: Proraso
Soap: Extro Italian Arancia.
Brocha: "Semogue Cerda Owners Club".
Razor: Weber with "UFO Hummingbird" with Astra.
Shaving: C-L
Afters: Myrsol Emulsion and Extro Arancia Italiana.
fullsizeoutput_510.jpg

When the first pass of the shaving was performed to counter-hair I do not need retouching and the hurry is greater. Always learning…
Good weekend friends.

Friday 2nd March 2018
SOTD 2nd March.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Truefitt & Hill No.10 face scrub
Razor: Schick J1
Blade: Schick China (#3)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Bowl: Korium
Soap: Wickham Soap 1912 - Russian Leather
AS: Wickham Soap 1912 - Russian Leather
EDT: John Varvatos - Artisan Pure

Back