SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

Day seven in this iteration so I got to use one of my Rubberset 400s with its original boar bristles. I have only found one Rubberset #4 wood handle brush that disappointed me and it had been rid hard and put up wet to dry. It looked great but then the whole center section of the knot jess fell out like candy from a Pinata.

That's not the case with any of my others and I imagine I'll put a new knot in that old one someday.

Today it is seventh from the left; top row:​
large.jpg

The brush actually made way too much lather and I had to scrape much of it off before putting brush to face.

Brush, Rubberset 400 boar short bristle flat top:
Cream Prorosa Sandalwood:
Shaving mug Heather 'n fern:
Razor, OneBlade Core with half century or more old Valet blade:
Pre de Provence aftershave balm:
Prorosa Green aftershave:

Result was an effortless two pass and touchup PDG shave.

Last edited:
Art Deco New York 20.09.jpg
© Floid_Maniac

Doesn´t matter how soft I do my strokes using the right ankle with the Ever Ready 1912 British made...After the ATG pass my skin doesn´t feel good. Got a close to BBS shave in two passes, but for what price? I like the look of this razors but it cannot give me an irritation free and true BBS shave in two passes like my Merkur 37C or Merkur 34C. Even my Progress 500 gives better and irritation free shaves. I never could use this beautiful looking razor for a daily shave. Maybe if you do not make a pass ATG this razor works well, but not for me. :D

Last edited:
View attachment 29475
© Floid_Maniac

Doesn´t matter how soft I do my strokes using the right ankle with the Ever Ready 1912 British made...After the ATG pass my skin doesn´t feel good. Got a BBS shave in two passes, but for what price? I like the look of this razors but it cannot give me a comfort shave like my Merkur 37C or Merkur 34C. Even my Progress 500 gives better and irritation free shaves. I never could use this beautiful looking razor for a daily shave. Maybe if you do not make a pass ATG this razor works well, but not for me. :D

If you get BBS after two passes, why not drop the ATG pass and substitute with an XTG?

If you get BBS after two passes, why not drop the ATG pass and substitute with an XTG?
Because I got black, thick hard beard hair in combination with sensitive skin and without the ATG pass I am still looking like I haven´t shave myself. Also I get irritiation and strong itching because of my short stubbles left on my neck without a pass ATG after a few hours. I have no problems with my Merkur 37C, 34C and Progress 500. It is sad because I like the Ever Ready 1912 a lot and its Art Deco Design...but it is not my razor. :)

Semogue Sintético Barbear Classico LE
Mystic Water Soap Sweet Briar
Razorock Silver Hawk/Muhle
Kai Captain Mild
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
ASB Imperial Permafrost

fFHZz5V.jpg

Fantastic pipe sweet tabaco aroma, with cherry and vanilla notes. Made me reminisce my long gone pipe smoking days...

Last edited:
Thursday 28th SEptember 2017

SOTD 28 SEpt.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Kai titan mild Luffy (#4)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Cream: Kiehl's Lite Flight
AS: American Crew Tonic

Wonderful shave, took 3 passes but very smooth result.

Thur 29th Sept
Omega 10006 boar
Cyril Salter sold Soap
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Used the PAL again, after a disaster yesterday. With an AC Type blade loaded for the first time, things were very different not only was the Shave smooth and Comfortable, but the all round finish was excellent.
Anyone who says they cannot get a close Shave with an injector must try this combo :)

IMG_1609.jpg

SOTN

Pre shave
Hot towel

Bowl
Saponificio varesino grail lathering bowl

Brush
Saponificio varesino turtle shell brush

Razor Gillette Slim adjustable setting 3

Blade
Gillette silver blue 2nd use

Shave cream
TOBS Jermyn Street

Post shave
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 phase aftershave lotion

Great shave BBS, ready to relax for the evening !!

SOTD 26/9/17

Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Fine American Blend
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue Stainless (4)
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
AS: Fine American Blend
Balm: Nivea Men
Mug: Muhle

First shave with an open comb, considering The Piccolo is classed as an aggressive razor, I gave it very light strokes, and in a 2 and a half pass shave, it rewarded me with the best shave I've ever had ! That was with a 2 day growth, I'm converted. A fantastic little razor !

65c45dd3537e0edecbc1fb66f1db1ee4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/IMG]

Evening shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave oil.
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Polsilver Super Iridium (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Proraso Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

The soap was a generous sample from Ben AKA @Benz3ne and it's marvellous. So easy to lather and so rich. Plenty of slickness too. Paired with the ever smooth 6C and what I had was one very comfortable shave. Splendid!

Evening shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave oil.
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Polsilver Super Iridium (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Proraso Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

The soap was a generous sample from Ben AKA @Benz3ne and it's marvellous. So easy to lather and so rich. Plenty of slickness too. Paired with the ever smooth 6C and what I had was one very comfortable shave. Splendid!
Quite alright! I tend to get given samples and never know when to use them! I've actually never tried SV Cosmo myself! :p Been tempted to buy it myself though!

Quite alright! I tend to get given samples and never know when to use them! I've actually never tried SV Cosmo myself! :p Been tempted to buy it myself though!
It's great Ben. I have a sample of the Manna Di Sicilia too and I can see why Saponificio Varesino soaps are so well regarded on here. The trouble is, I will probably have to buy both now!

Back
Top Bottom