SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

Fri 29th Sept
Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade cream
Mongoose B3 satin
Feather Pro [8 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Considering that today I used the Mongoose with a blade on its 8th outing, the Shave was still smooth and comfortable. Judging by the finished Shave, I would say that the Blade is past its best, though it did not drag as is a fairly common occurrence when blades are past their best.

Enjoyed the Cade cream so much that I am going on the hunt for the solid Cade Shaving soap, which
for some reason despite its popularity has been discontinued again.

IMG_1516.jpg

Acqua Di Parma Oud Shower Gel
Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Brush
Nichiri Pelican Strop
Nichiri King Pelican 15
Acqua Di Parma Collezion Barbiere Balm
Acqua Di Parma Oud Cologne Concentrée

QpluCLQ.jpg

Friday 29th September

Birch Tar Soap
3P preshave cream
RazoRock Irish Countryside Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
New Forest Tubby 1 Silvertip Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
RazoRock Irish Countryside AS

A wonderful shave this morning which will carry me through tonight's shift. I took 3 passes....although to be honest......there was nothing left to shave on the third pass! A super smooth BBS with no issues.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Mine will start when I get up tomorrow afternoon :)

Friday 29th September

Birch Tar Soap
3P preshave cream
RazoRock Irish Countryside Soap
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
New Forest Tubby 1 Silvertip Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
RazoRock Irish Countryside AS

A wonderful shave this morning which will carry me through tonight's shift. I took 3 passes....although to be honest......there was nothing left to shave on the third pass! A super smooth BBS with no issues.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Mine will start when I get up tomorrow afternoon :)
Great picture, loving your brush! :) What about that razor, eh? Bloody fantastic! :)

Great picture, loving your brush! :) What about that razor, eh? Bloody fantastic! :)
Thankyou P.
Yes the razor is amazing. I have been using the same blade for most of this month. Normally I have a fixation with 10 shaves so this time I have not been counting. When it fails....I will check my past posts to come up with a total. The razor is incredible. For me there would be no benefit in upgrading to the new version when it is released. The version I have just does what it has to..... incredibly well:)

WpN7J6hE_o.jpg

Vie Long 13061b
Fatip Testina Gentile
Rapira Super Stainless (3)
Extro Pirata Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Myrsol Emulsion & Extro Pirata aftershave/EDT

What a lovely shave to end the working week with, I must say this Extro is wonderful stuff. I see many more coming into my hands in the future. Absolutely love this one. The blade was a tad tuggy but I always bin after 3 shaves anyway so no harm done. Enjoying the Myrsol but scent is a wee bit strong in my opinion. Mr Gibbs will be having an outing this weekend, been too long since he has saw light.

A wonderful shave set up.
+ 1 on Strangeways,Here we come'..30 years, timeless brilliance, Love the 1st two albums.. It just goes to show Morrissey wasn't a gimmick with a bunch of daffodils stuck in his arse pocket, a great songwriter Johnny marr is a totally under-estimated guitar genius,not forgetting the rest of the band,seen them on "the meat is Murder" tour, with James as the Backing band.. . the smiths are a timeless wonder,as are depeche mode.
Something of interest, you've probably familiar with but if not, your'e in for a treat .Bossa nova old punk & indie classics..Check out "The Killing Moon" 'Echo/Bunnymen cover, superb!

Enjoy, regards.;)

Thanks for the compliments and the heads up on the Bossa nova album. I wasn't aware of that album but I do actually own an album by them and it's a belter, see video below.

The Smiths were 'my band' as a young man. They meant everything to me.
I managed to see them once on The Queen Is Dead tour in Wolverhampton. When they came on stage and I looked around at the pandemonium all around me and I thought this must have what is was like see The Beatles live.

I saw a post on another forum about the 30th anniversary of 'Strangeways' and two things hit me. The first was, "Christ I feel old" and second took me straight back to the first time I heard the album.

I remember sitting on my bedroom floor savouring every moment. The Smiths had already split up by them so I knew I would never hear another new album by them.
By the time "Last time I dreamt Somebody Loved Me" kicked in I broke down in floors of tears. This band was my world and it was all over. Remember when music meant that much to you?

I never had a problem with Johnny leaving The Smiths (he really cant do anything wrong in my eyes).
The Smiths, by then had become a bit predictable, well the last few singles anyway.
They left us with a faultless back catalogue and wonderful memories.
They truly did change my life. I met my first girlfriend (I was a late developer;)) at a Smiths convention a few months after they split, which in turn lead on to me meeting some life long friends...My girlfriend of the time is now an ex but I still have the friends and the memories.

I'll leave you with one of my favourites...

Last edited:
My new Apollo, 30's design but I believe post war production (c.1950). Started with a BIC but had to immediately toss it. I love the BIC blades when they're right but quality control is terrible. Switched to a second use Tian Li and sailed through a splendid shave. Simply a marvelous razor. Perfect weight, good balance, aggressive but easy to manage. And sooo good lookin'.
88cb54e898b93f1a07c7afbb15873acc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
57942329fccc78d8905361921159ebed.jpg

Last edited:

Semogue 830
Mystic Water Soap Sweet Briar
Razorock Silver Hawk/Muhle
Kai Captain Mild
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
ASB Imperial Permafrost

OuBxYDZ.jpg

Today I pulled my soap-shredder to task as yesterdays lather was a bit lacking in protection and I thought it was due to insufficient loading of this soap. I was right. Today the lather was as slick as yesterday but denser and more protective than yesterdays. And the fragrance? Still fantastic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom