SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

25th December 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: The General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro (#4)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: Stone Cottage Soapworks Sandalwood - Sample
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Chanel Egoiste Balm
EDT: Chanel Egoiste

Great shave except for the feel of the Stone Cottage Soapworks Sandalwood, never tried this soap maker before and a big thanks to @rowlers for the sample sent along with my lucky win of the Brass General earlier this year. The soap was great apart from the way it irritated my skin, I will try again but if it feels the same I will be passing this one on, shame as it smells good and it works great, apart from the irritation.

EDIT: Just recalled I have used Stone Cottage Almond flower which did not give any irritation.

26th December 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Fat Boy F2
Blade: Bolzano (#2)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest fan shape
Soap: Fine Platinum
AS: Fine Platinum
EDT: Armaf Club De Nuit Intense

Last edited:
Shave of head
Tabula rasa incense soap, semogue 2000 bristle brush, 8/8 filarmonica doble temple razor, after shave Floid vigoroso.
One of my Christmas presents this philharmonic product of a barter with a partner, gave me a soft shave and cantarin, the soap with good performance, creamy, with good post-shave sensation, the brush behaved to the height, soft, I checked that If you had to see the itch in a shave previous O melhor cream and not the brush. The Floid as always I fall of pearls and leaves the head warm. Then I went to the barbershop to get a beard arrangement to receive well groomed 2018. Good evening friends.
987a4d3b76a5893da612e779343a4224.jpg

Sent from the Wolf's Den

Wednesday 27th December

Birch Tar Soap
ManCave Olivestone Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Karo Classic Shave Cream
Vie-Long/Faux Horse Hair re-knot
Ming Sh1 2000S with a NOS Wilkinson Sword (UK)
Alum Block and Rinse
Unrefined Shea Butter
Lynx Oud Wood and Dark Vanilla

Not as well organised as I should be on my first day back to work. Having previously worked over 3 consecutive Christmas holidays.....I stretched this one out for as long as I could!

Three passes for a very satisfying BBS shave:)

SOTD: 231217
View attachment 31958

Prep: Cold water and Bulldog face wash
Razor: Henkel Friodur 72.5 (On Loan)
Brush: Sterling Boar
Soap: The Fat
EDT: L'Occitane Cade

Cold water throughout my shave was really enjoyable after the initial shock.
Due to mobility problems I have been shaving in the kitchen sat on a stool.

My first pass went superbly then SWMBO walked in and asked me a question while I was on my second pass and the Friodur bit me on the chin. I have a very nice chunk removed as a result. :rolleyes:
I have come to the conclusion I will never straight shave again until I am back in my den where there is peace and quiet.;)

Left the shave as it is. Tomorrow is another day.

Mitchells Wool Fat gave me plenty of slickness with loads of cushion whipped up by my second use of the Stirling Boar.
I have high hopes for this boar. The handle and weight is superb. I am not sure how long this will take to break in so I want to give it plenty of attention.

Finished with the alum.

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Super picture and I hope the mobility problems resolve themselves soon.

Quite a lot of SOTDs actually....Finishing with Saturday 23rd December

I went over to N Ireland last Monday to visit friends and Family so for 3 days used the basics I keep at my mother's to allow hand luggage flights.

Coal Tar Soap
King of Shaves Oil
Arko Soap Stick
No Name Chinese Synthetic Brush
Feather Portable Razor with a Shark Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Boots Freshwood ASB
Javanol EDP (Molecule 04}

Three passes gave really smooth and enjoyable shaves.:)

Friday 22nd December

Back home to Wales and an incredibly important day demanded a very special shave.

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Meissner Strong 'n Scottish Soap
Rod Neep Silvertip Brush
Blackland Sabre with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
D&G The One EDT

Three passes for a wonderful BBS Shave. Out for the evening culminating in the announcement of my engagement to my 'nearest and dearest'. Chrissie and I met 10 years ago.......so it really was time to do something about it:D

Saturday 23rd December

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
P&B Imperial Rum Soap
Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Brush
Union Cutlery Expert Barber 400 4/8 Razor
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Brian's Homemade Bay Rum

The razor was a Whipped Dog 'Sold unseen' which I bought a few years back. A little rough around the edges......but a great shaver.
Three passes for a really comfortable smooth and close shave:)

Congrats on your engagement

Sunday 24th December 2017
View attachment 31998

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Fat Boy F2
Blade: Bolzano (#1)
Brush: Maseto 30mm finset fan shape
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Baskerville
AS: Christian Dior Fahrenheit

Do not see that soap used often enough - one of my favourites (maybe it's many others, hence limited use)

Greetings,

Apologies for no shaving write ups for the last couple of days, to be honest – Lego'd out. Who the heck am I kidding, loving every minute of building with my boys and still plenty of boxes left to go. I could bore you with the Star Wars, Avengers and Minecraft Lego model, but I will save your sanity.

Pre Christmas, I continued using the Gillette Nacet for shaves 4 and 5. It continued to perform well and will definitely be added to my den. Was given a couple of samples from @Agent Shave, being P&B Pall Mall and Wickham Citrus Musk aftershave balm.

P&B – Pall Mall was superb, lovely lather, slick and cushioning and the scent was there, don't get me wrong it was / is very pleasant, just not strong enough (maybe that was because I had a sample – which means having to buy the full tub)

Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk – very pleasant scent but I product itself a bit over greasy on my skin and took a while to full absorb.

Blade testing will re-commence once I am back into my normal week at work which will be in a couple of weeks. So…

Wednesday shave

Two (ish) day growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)
Soap: Razorook XXX
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist (white handle)
Blade: Treet Platinum (sample thanks to @Agent Shave)
Brush: RazoRock Plisoft 24mm (face lather)
Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Molton Brown Black Pepper AS.

What a great shave – I wish I have kept to Treet blade for my test – I was tempted, but could not resist trying it this morning. 3 passes result with a smoother than smooth feel. I might stop using the blade and buy more and add it to my test.

I hope everyone had a wonderful festive period – it's not over, so stay safe and no drink driving

Cheers,

Brian

22757_D47-106_D-4_B18-9022-2563627_F22_A5.jpg

Variant - #4.5
Voskhod - #1
Frankincense & Myrrh
24mm Silvertip

Many day's growth mown down with reckless abandon. A fresh Voskhod does pair well with this razor. The soap is good, the brush is good. All is well! Two minuscule weepers which came as a shock to me (one as a result of an ingrown hair), but quickly ceased to flow. Smooth!

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Razor: Gibbs 15 (on loan)
Blade: Astra SP
IMG_20171227_100030.jpg

The Gibbs coped majestically with two days growth. I'll dial it up to 5 next time to see if it remains as smooth.
I really love the scent of this soap, the performance isn't bad, good slickness, reasonable cushion but the post shave let's it down a wee bit.
That's no biggy when there's a balm at hand and BBA is a great PSB.

Last edited:
Wed 27th December
Omega 11126 boar
L`Occitane Cade soap
PAL Injecto-Matic de Luxe
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Continued with the run of Injector Shaves, which are so easy and seem to be a foolproof way of getting a decent Shave, compared to other means when a silly lapse can result in a bit of bloodletting.
The little PAL is supposed to be a bit aggressive, but the use of the AC Proline blade calms it down a lot, but does not affect its efficiency. A nice smooth and comfortable Shave,with a good close all round finish.

IMG_0159.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom