SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

Sotd - 25/12/17

Razor - Gem MM OC brass
blade - ER Corrux (lost count)
brush - Chubby 2 Best
soap - Razorock Puros tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro Tabbaco
balm - Albarez Y Gomez Barberia moisturiser
scent - Creed Tabarome.

Result - perfecto.

I knew what I wanted for software this afternoon but I had no idea which razor to use. I have been seriously spoiled this shaving year by discovering vintage single edges. Important for me also, was discovering the vintage blades in tandem. As often - a look through other members posts can provide inspiration. Thanks Rob - @Blackmass - for posting a brass GEM today. For me - it's nose to nose with this razor and the Streamllne? Even into the last furlong- it is neck and neck. They both have the same size, geometry and heft. It would be a dead heat in my opinion. There is something very lovely about the brass though. I managed to break my temporary addiction to the Semogue massive boar. What's the opposite of that brush? My Chubby 2 in best - nice. Granted it is still massive but it's made out of well broken in - very good batch - badger.
So - happy days - a great shave. Today is just another day for me - but if you take a more traditional approach - I hope you have had/ are having/ will have - delete as appropriate for your time zone - a great day. My very best regards to you and yours - cheers - I.

Glad I could help.:)

I've been tempted to buy the OC Micromatic. Have you compared it to a Clog Pruf? If you haven't tried a Clog Pruf give use a shout and I'll send you mine to try.

I hope you've had a good day mate.

Laters...a bottle of Laphroaig is calling me.;):p
Rob

Glad I could help.:)

I've been tempted to buy the OC Micromatic. Have you compared it to a Clog Pruf? If you haven't tried a Clog Pruf give use a shout and I'll send you mine to try.

I hope you've had a good day mate.

Laters...a bottle of Laphroaig is calling me.;):p
Rob

Thanks Rob - Nice choice of dram - you are obviously not a beginner. Enjoy - I.

Date: 26 December 2017 "SOTD"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Lavender Woods 6x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Testina Gentile Close Comb
Blade: - Vintage Wilkie (Wilkinson Sword) #3
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Xmas Day

Omega 10005 boar
Tabac soap
Schick Type F
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Tabac A/S lotion

Up early enough to have A Shave before prepping the Turkey etc.

I chose to use my newly acquired Type F. Feels very natural in the hand and is incredibly smooth,
though unfortunately for me a little on the mild side. Having said that it was possible with a bit more concentration and work to get a very close all round finish, which has proved long lasting as I pen
this report.

IMG_0478.jpg

SOTD: 26th December 2017.
+7 Tues(26th Dec)+ (2).jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Wickham 1912~ Classic 24. (Sample).

Blade: Lord Platinum Class. (1)

Razor: Parker 98R .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Boots~ Essentials Moisturising Lotion.

Davidoff ~ Coolwater A/S.

Greetings,

A enjoyable boxing day 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Maiden shave with the wickham 1912~ Classic 24 soap sample,the verdict?
Absolutely brilliant, considering the small amount i used it provided me with a wonderful protective lather for the shave, and a superb post shave feeling to my face, with a pleasant scent throughout the shave.
i've got the Irish Fern sample too, which i look forward to trying out.

I'm off out later to watch, 'not to take part in' the boxing day north sea dip!'Sheer madness'!...

This traditional mad boxing day event,you witness grown men's testicles disappear in an instant, once entering the freezing ice cold water of the north sea....But it's all in aid for our local needy charities, which is a wonderful thing.

I actually give my nieces & nephews extra money 'for themselves',just for been so brave to enter the beyond belief freezing cold sea.:eek:.Each year they try to convince me to participate in the event, but i instantly turn into a cowardly hypochondriac and tell them that if i enter the water my 'chronic rheumatism will start playing me up ,and i can't take the risk, as i may drown'..sheer utter feeble lies, ..Their response is a rolling of eyes, and walk away in disgust..Even if we have a massive record breaking summer heat wave , it's still baltic!, ..Anyone who goes enters the north sea to swim, summer or winter, 'The lift doesn't go to the top floor'..Enough said.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Davidoff ~ Coolwater A/S.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your boxing day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt171226.jpg

- I Coloniali Mango
- Semogue BC LE Texugo
- Rocca with custom handle and ASP blade
- Pitralon Pure AS

:)

~ 26th December Boxing Day Shave ~

Pre - Shower / SV Manna Di Sicilia Bath Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Supermax Platinum Plus
Brush - Simpson Commodore X3 Best Badger
Soap - Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia Beta 4.3
Post - Hot and Cold Water Rinse
Aftershave - Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
151428174989849[1].jpg

Have a Great Boxing Day Folks :)

Boxing Day Morning Shave

Maca Root
RazoRock 400
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Treet Carbon (3)
Proraso Green ASL

Having an almost full tub of Maca Root Cream and receiving another in a gift set for Christmas I thought I had better try to make a dent in the cream mountain.
I went with face lathering, but found lather not to be as good as when bowl lathered but acceptable
I knew I should have swapped out the Treet blade after two shaves but went with it for a third use. It was as expected a little dull but still did the trick although a little tuggy .
Finished off in style with Black Orchid

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash
Stirling Barbershop
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Little Wren Pottery
Merkur 37C
Astra SP (1)
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic
BBA Post Shave Balm

It's the first time I have used the 37C for months and I really shouldn't neglect if for so long in future. It gives such a pleasurable shave. I was eagerly anticipating my first lather using the Shavemac - a generous present from my beloved - and I wasn't disappointed. Let's just say that it's a keeper. A lovely day here in London, so the plan is a nice long walk to work of some of the excesses of yesterday. We might stop off at the pub though. Mince pie anyone? Have a great day gents.

Tue 26th Dec- Boxing Day

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Over the Holiday period have been keeping things simple. A good guaranteed Shave with no fuss, you cannot beat an Injector.

Today I chose one of the PAL family, the S/S Adjustable which for some reason is unappreciated by many, possibly because they are prone to having problems with the internal mechanism,and also a good one requires the lightest of touches.

However, I do have a couple in good order and they are amongst my favourite Injectors.I have discovered the Proline AC blade works well in the PAL, and for me enhances its performance.
With a good lather, the Shave is so smooth and comfortable and with ease I attained a Top Notch Quality Shave in terms of overall finish. A much easier Shave than some of my recent ones when trialling the new breed of Gem Razor, and as good as those I have had with the modern AC/SE, and for me light years ahead of the Supply SE V1. After this just has to be an Injecto-Matic Shave.

IMG_0480.jpg

Back
Top Bottom