SOTD : Saturday 23rd December - Friday 29th December 2017.

Muhle R96 Rocca/Ti Handle
Muhle Stainless Blade
Jack Black Supreme Shave Cream
RR Big Bruce Synthetic Brush
Paul Sebastian Balm & After Shave
Hi,
Recently bought a Rocca.Up to now used Edwin J.I am trying to lije the Rocca, but after several brands of blades still find it a rough shave, nor smooth and comfortable. Does it need certain angle to give a wonderful shave I was hoping for!

Boxing Day...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 (English)
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Tabac Original

Given my Streamline shave on Xmas Eve, there was no need for a shave yesterday. This morning, however, another of my U.K made 1912s came to the fore and delivered a really close, smooth shave. No need for any comments about the Tabac...
6AC441AE-9387-4802-BCDB-1AADD3DCBED5.jpeg

7fCAtM8x_o.jpg

Yaqi Mysterious Space
Muhle Rocca R96
Supermax Super Platinum (2)
Stirling Soaps Stirling Blu
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Ralph Lauren Polo Blue

I would term this a good shave but something I felt last night but noticed today as I looked for it, this razor seems to leave a sort of rash on my cheeks, admittedly it is early days but I haven't had this with other razors. I have a feeling that this is a marmite razor. I will stick with it for a week or two and then cast judgement, I really want to love this razor and aside from irritation on my cheeks it is a BBS shave all over.

SOTD_20171226-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman - Guerrilla 316L
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Yaqi - 24mm Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Black Ship Grooming Co.
  • Shaving Soap: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Jolly Roger
  • After-Shave: Black Ship Grooming Co. - Captain Scurvy
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Roi d'Orient

My Boxing Day/Memorial SOTD

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Beau Solaris, Wilkinson Sword Boar Brush, Merkur Futur, Rainbow blade (6).

A good shave apart from a nick on the first pass. I used the soap as it reflects the character of my mother in law who we lost on this day last year. Treasure your family chaps, we never know when our time is due.

Saddened to hear of your loss but a great Video Nick.

Two questions.

1. Why did you use a Wlikinson Sword Brush? :)
2. Were you trying 6 shaves out of that blade for a bet? :)

Bubble & Squeak sounds a fab idea for tonight.
Good call mate. :)

Saddened to hear of your loss but a great Video Nick.

Two questions.

1. Why did you use a Wlikinson Sword Brush? :)
2. Were you trying 6 shaves out of that blade for a bet? :)

Bubble & Squeak sounds a fab idea for tonight.
Good call mate. :)
Well, the brush choice is twofold. One, Carole was short (as is this brush), and I also don't use it enough, so was nice to get it in the rotation every so often. As for blade use, I take a blade until it feels blunt :) This was feeling spot on yesterday, seemed to dull overnight, which was a shame.

Well, the brush choice is twofold. One, Carole was short (as is this brush), and I also don't use it enough, so was nice to get it in the rotation every so often. As for blade use, I take a blade until it feels blunt :) This was feeling spot on yesterday, seemed to dull overnight, which was a shame.
Your a braver man than me with regards to the blade.
I tried that once with a Feather and after 6 shaves I had the worst burn imaginable.
never Again.
3 shaves max for me now.

Enjoy the rest of your day. :)

Back
Top Bottom