SOTD: Saturday 23 - Friday 29 September 2023.

Thursday 28th September

ADCreHcionjsD02XDkzbj-kcbV5LS_zrZIV45lA4DWTKZLUSxlNFvHs-YdaqEqcMtmOk3Ld9eHOSIXprL0e09YPdSy6556Hms8GFlrLahUs58RanG0Q9RikrU8XTYnkK6oQRVzrEgyW0_-wLy9xsH8VUv_ezpg=w800

Gillette Labs Quick Rinse Shaving Foam
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick Injector-II (4)
Brut Alaska Aftershave

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Blackland Era (SB4), Gillette Platinum, B&M Hallows (soap & splash)
Head - Leaf razor, Treet Platinum saloon blades, Arko soap whipped up in Yaqi collapsible silicone bowl
SmilezforMilez tuxedo brush
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming Balm

Arriving today just in time for tonight's shave, there was never a choice in whether or not to take this set for a spin. Smells fantastic . Also wanted to try whipping up a lather in the Yaqi bowl so tub loaded some Arko for the dome, sure it doesn't have the size of a Captain's Choice bowl but it's a different use case and gave me great results - great bowl that I'm glad I picked up.

1000006644.jpg

SOTD 29-Sep
20230928_162843.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Wizamet (3)

Great shave this morning, this is among my top sets, I definitely need to get some more in in the next month or so, and multiples. Before I go nuts though I need to sort out some proper storage drawers in some form. The boxes are no longer going to cut it!

It's been a couple of months since I've used this razor and I forget the respect (or leaning more towards caution) it needs. It is really blade forward and you need to make sure nothing gets in the way otherwise it will take it with it, but it does the job well.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone had a good kick off to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc

29/09/31
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Ever-ready Streamline
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
20230928_111651.jpg
A very nice shave with the efficient Streamline today, a very good cushioning lather from the Sig-Soap Danum.
BBS and comfortable in 2 passes.
Enjoy your day all.

29 September

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Cadman M55
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia spash

EC3ADC88-43EA-47BB-9D0A-9F0A552C12D6.jpeg
The Cadman M55 Tuxedo is the only custom made brush I own, but what a brush! With a 30mm knot this brush is big and beautiful and it created a wonderful, easy lather with the B&M soap this morning. The Blackbird was like a hot knife through butter, it is such a smooth razor with the Treet blade. Then a splash of Hibernia, an amazing aftershave that just goes well with anything and one I will be replacing soon. Top shave.

Back
Top Bottom