SOTD: Saturday 23 - Friday 29 September 2023.

IMG_2913.jpeg
SOTD: 26/09/2023

Razor: Shield AC1
Blade: Feather Pro, 7th use
Brush: Highlander 2023 TSR Limited Edition Yaqi Tuxedo Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Emperor Oud
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

My second outing with this gorgeous brush and it’s just spot on. I love the feel, length and weight and it just looks fabulous. A very welcome special addition to the Den, many thanks @gile for making and @Boycie83 organising.

SOTD 27-Sep
20230926_142540.jpg
Brush: Highlander TSR LE
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Great shave this morning, this brush is absolutely brilliant. The handle is big and fits nicely in my dinner plate hands, combined with the knot which is incredibly dense but still has pleasant backbone. @gile genuinely an amazing job, thank you.

Nice to see them coming out in force despite me missing the kick off yesterday!
Screenshot_20230927_073953_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 26/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 10th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

And today:

SOTD: 27/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 11th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Right, well that is it Mr Crossan! You want a kick off? You got one. This shave arrives themed, 'Fight, fight, fight!'

Choose your handbag and hope you can count to 50. I can't, but I do have a nice selection of handbags.

20230926_184554.jpg

The big fight - Stainless Mongoose
Bun fight - Feather Super Professional
Fight club - Highlander TSR LE
Fight off - Floris Elite
Fight back - L'Occitane Cade balm
Fight night - Floris Elite

'¡Oi! Me robaste la brocha de afeitar TSR, puta!'

The gloves are off for the great TSR punch up over who has the best Highlander TSR LE brush. Well let me tell you lot, there is no 'who?' because it's me. And if you don't agree then I'm afraid it's 'At dawn, choose your Louis Vuitton'

And welcome to my fight shave of the day with the Big Goose out to prove why he is the true champion with his big head, long reach, powerful poise and slick inside work. While the LE brush steps in with his big handle(?) and his ability to mash faces to the point of throwing the towel in to the sink. Floyd Floris being your referee for this evening's 'bathroom brawl'.

'Let's get ready to Lathhhhhhhhher'

Touch gloves and they're away

And straight away the Highlander sticks his furry bit in the referee's beard and there is a rub of heads here with completely the wrong person. A point is deducted. Bish, bash, mish, mash and already this is starring to look like a slick fight. And there is lather! The LE has drawn lather! All over the referee's face.

In steps the Goose and flicks his blade here there and everywhere, a perfect jab, followed by a right hook and a punishing head shot. Already the lather is being worn down by a wonderful bit of fast razormanship. This is razor work at its very best.

And the referee is down, the referee is
d-o-w-n!

'1-2-3!' and the match is over. Three passing strokes which resulted in the perfect finish.
And, and, and, they are exchanging handbags in a show of respect.

No requirement for Doctor Styptic this evening and a massage of balm helps cool down the facial battering. The air has a sweet smell of Elitism.

Both the Mongoose and the Highlander have proven why they both stand in high esteem in the world of fight shaving. True champions. And my own TSR LE brush is indeed better than anyone elses.

And on come the Japanese girls to sing the Shaving National Anthem...

Nothing can beat The Beaver. I love you all

Hawk V3A
Kai captain mild (6x)
MDC original
Floid

After 6 shaves (3 passes each) with the Kai captain I can say that I like this first SE and that although more expensive, SE blades can be really used several times. Now I'll dump it but I am sure I could squeeze still a few shaves out of it (I have been "stropping" it on the palm of my hand as straight razor shaves sometimes do, and this is beneficial although probably not 100% safe but what the hell...).
Shaves are not overly close with this blade but very very comfortable.

All the best Folks!

Hawk V3A,
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (#3)
T&H luxury bowl
Highlander TSR LE cashmere
Zara #tobacco collection

First proper use of the TSR LE and it's a beaut! The Truefitt and Hill soap went on really creamy even with a tiny bit of soap and a lot of water. Knot has enough backbone but super soft tips that feel great and produce easy lather. Handle feels solid, smooth, chunky and well made. 20230927_115819.jpg

Wednesday 27th September
Pal Injectomatic Deluxe - Personna Stainless #1 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Dendi Soaps Aqua sample - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230923-154239-01.jpg

My turn with the LE brush gave an excellent result. The Boti knot was firm with soft tips and suited me fine. With the Dendi soap, it produced a lovely creamy lather for the Pal to slide through.

Very pleased!!!

27 September

PAA Future Fiction
Plisson synthetic
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

C423DED8-8373-482A-9797-95428236155D.jpeg
Unfortunately, I have no Highlander LE, so my Plisson synthetic will have to do.
A very good shave this morning with a wonderful lather from the soap and brush and a close finish from the 39c. Not quite as close as the R101 from yesterday but a tad more comfortable. Great stuff.

Wednesday 27 September
Been away for a long weekend in Lincolnshire chasing a little white ball with implements ill designed for the purpose to paraphrase Winston Churchill on golf. However, it was very enjoyable and then we visited the RAF Battle of Britain memorial flight hangar at Coningsby on the way home. It was an amazing experience hearing about the brave young men in their flying machines all those years ago and about the iconic Spitfire of course. Here with a Hurricane night fighter in the background.

IMG_8322.jpeg

So naturally having returned home I had to use PB Spitfire soap for my morning shave. Not crazy about the scent but it lathers quickly and effectively.
2 passes and pick ups with RR SLOC loaded with a current go to Croma blade and a titanium handle gave an easy bbs finish.
A recent low cost acquisition of a vintage Kleeneze shaving brush completed the happy combo.

IMG_0312.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom