SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

SoTd
Had a nice shave tonight another run out with the gold dollar something very enjoyable about taking a razor to a stone and being able to get a shave from it.. although it may not compare to an edge put on by the professionals there is still something very rewarding about it and I’m really looking forward to progressing with the journey ! Always enjoy the Mdc natural not used it in a while although it’s unscented it does have a slight scent to it and one which I really like..feeling smooth and refreshed FE6F3795-D3FD-4CE6-B958-1CB5C815B76D.jpeg

3EB1F139-4098-47B6-A31A-B466D5B06872.jpeg
Pre: hot shower, proraso white preshave cream
Soap: captain Fawcett Scapicchio sample
brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: ikon SE
Blade: Titan mild #2

Yet another excellent shave. Soap lathered up effortlessly - as much as I don’t think it reaches the standard of MdC, it is a really good performer. Sent on it is more on subtle side to my nose - but really pleasant.

3 passes for BBS on the face and DFS + on the neck . With a bit of stretching , this razor works excellent for me - probably giving me some of the closest shaves yet. After yesterday late night shave, I woke up in the morning with my facial hair barely felt when moving hand ATG. Tomorrow morning I’m expecting it to be the same.

Picked up couple small weepers - one on the chin, and second in the same spot as yesterday.

All in all - another excellent evening shave. Beautiful results and feeling refreshed. Great scent of pinaud clubman topped it off - now couple of hours to relax before hitting the hay.

Thursday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: 20mm Muhle STF
Razor: Filarmonica 13
Spalsh: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Balm: L'Occitane Original
EDT: Patrick

What a day ! This shave was actually this morning , shortly after my hot water tank sprung a leak , I finally sourced a replacement at 5-15pm and spent the evening fitting the new tank , not really the day off I had planned.

36D18686-D3EF-4DCB-8B54-A5E74191BEB7.jpeg

TSN L.E. Semogue Boar
Gillette Fat Handled Tech
Polsilver Łódź (3)
OSP Sandalwood
Thayer’s Cucumber witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s

Finally finished this soap, and what a delight it was to use. I have a back up which will be bought out later in the year when I’ve got through some other soaps. Going to enjoy my summer rotation.
Enjoy yours gents

Fri 28 SE SOTD with Sunset and Sunrise...
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional 5th
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Balm
Love the aromatic scent of the soap. Today's lather was creamy and slick...
This razor paired with the blade was another excellent, smooth, comfortable, and efficient shave. 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were excellent.
20210528_072546.jpg

Thursday 27th May

Soap - TDS Sandalwood
Brush - Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor - Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Post - Blue Stratos Aftershave

First use of this TDS Sandalwood soap. Excellent lather and a nice, subtle scent.
It's a soft base, and doesn't seem to require much hydration.
Good protection and glide, and post shave feel isn't bad either.
GSB on it's fourth shave wasn't at it's smoothest. I should've known not to push it beyond three shaves - deja vu - I've said it before . . . .
I don't have a Sandalwood scented aftetshave, so I used the closest to hand - Blue Stratos.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 28th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Oaken - Batavia Barber
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: Merkur 500 (4,2,2)
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3)
Post Shave ASL: Oaken - Batavia Barber
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Theme today was hot worn leather with a rusty fan :)

Have a great Friday all, we've nearly made it once again :)

JoeIMG_1046.jpeg

SOTD 28-May
20210527_105718.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Razor: Mawhood Bro 5/8
Brush: PAA Switchback 400 with 26mm Roswell Grey Synth
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato

Well, first run out with my Switchback, set the knot a couple of days ago. Went for silicone over epoxy to allow some adjustment if I mucked it up. I did set it quite deep so it has a fair spine to it but it lathered up a dream. Still waiting on the boars so I can give it a bash with that as well!

Great shave, smooth and refreshed.

Hope everyone has a great day and is looking forward to the Bank Holiday.

Cheers

Marc

Todays shave, after a warm shower .

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Razor ....... Ikon / windrose ss handle
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)
Asb ........ Nivea replenishing
ASL. ........ Dior Sauvage

A nice and easy shave this morning with gear that really performs for me.The soap and the gel tips of the brush created a superb lather, and the razor and blade combo gave me a super smooth face feeler. Now ready for today, it’s a double whammy, my wedding anniversary and birthday.
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
8041A4A5-5E83-4404-9DD7-E89D9C7E834C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom