SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

Todays shave, after a warm shower .

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Razor ....... Ikon / windrose ss handle
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)
Asb ........ Nivea replenishing
ASL. ........ Dior Sauvage

A nice and easy shave this morning with gear that really performs for me.The soap and the gel tips of the brush created a superb lather, and the razor and blade combo gave me a super smooth face feeler. Now ready for today, it’s a double whammy, my wedding anniversary and birthday.
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
8041A4A5-5E83-4404-9DD7-E89D9C7E834C.jpeg

And a happy double whammy to you both

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)

A nice and easy shave this morning with gear that really performs for me.The soap and the gel tips of the brush created a superb lather, and the razor and blade combo gave me a super smooth face feeler. Now ready for today, it’s a double whammy, my wedding anniversary and birthday.
Have a great day

28/05/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap: OSP Spirits
Razor: ATT Windsor CR1
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Brut Original splash
Wk21 (7).JPG
OK, it looks as though the Wilky sword blade is not my thing, i am undeniably BBS, however, there seemed to be a bit irritation during the shave, i definitely could not use it again, for me it is very Polsilver-esque but not as sharp, the rest of them have gone in the PIF bag. I think i got the same feeling with them years ago when the Old Man was showing me how to go on, he loved them, i think i was more a Gillette boy?
The rest of the gear worked wonderfully and i ended up using the Brut splash to finish off, it seemed to go quite well with the Spirits scent (which i cannot quite put my finger on yet? sweet and earthy)
Second Jab tomorrow then a weeks holiday. Whoo Hoo.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Happy Birthday @alfie5542 and congratulations to you both. Enjoy the holiday weekend.

Last edited:
View attachment 70636Executive Shaving Outlaw
Polsilver
ŌKU Madrid
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica soap and aftershave balm

Great shave, as per with the Outlaw. Finished off another SV soap too. Luckily I have a backup of this one.

31 years ago today The Stone Roses played Spike Island and I was there!
Bloody hell I feel old! Well... sadly I am old. Fantastic gig, one of the best days of my life. It was all down hill from there...for me and the Roses! :D

View attachment 70635

I always thought "Spike Island" sounded a lot more exotic location than the reality ;)

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)

Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Razor- Gillette Slim (4)
Blade- Permasharp Stainless
Brush- Yaqi 24mm
Soap- Mogno + Stirling Frost Drops
Post- Speick ASL, Lea Balm

Had a lovely shave with this setup this morning. Never tried the Permasharp blades before but I knew they have a reputation for being a really sharp blade. I found it to be a smooth shaver all the same, but that could be down to the slim and the menthol! :)

Last edited:

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)

Double congrats :)

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)

Nice shave and my congratulations on both occasions.

Soap. ........ SV 70th
Brush. ...... Beehive,
Blade. ...... Nacet (3)

Congratulations and many happy returns @alfie5542 - it's my wedding anniversary too . Always good when dates are easy to remember isn't it? My wife's birthday is Valentine's Day, and fittingly we first got together on April Fools' Day :p

First attempt at this...

Pre: hot shower
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Wilkinson sword (2 - one of my favourite blades)
Brush: Razorock plissoft
Soap: Faena greek skinos (mastic tree, scent of each Greek kid’s childhood, thankfully we make a mean liqueur out of it too)
ASL: Faena greek skinos

Amazing BBS shave and scent which transports me to another time!

Attachments

• 781118AA-AB01-4A4C-8B8C-6E0DA98995DF.jpeg
    781118AA-AB01-4A4C-8B8C-6E0DA98995DF.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 8
First attempt at this...

Pre: hot shower
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Wilkinson sword (2 - one of my favourite blades)
Brush: Razorock plissoft
Soap: Faena greek skinos (mastic tree, scent of each Greek kid’s childhood, thankfully we make a mean liqueur out of it too)
ASL: Faena greek skinos

Amazing BBS shave and scent which transports me to another time!

And a wonderful soap in to the bargain......even if you can't drink it

Back
Top Bottom