SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

190533512_467680790999286_3595696477108841711_n.jpg

Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Forbes Lime sample.
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Rockwell Model T (3,3)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (3)
Post: A&E London Gin Club ASL sample, Barts Balm Ben Cruachan

Shave in miniature today. First things first, The Rockwell worked well again today with the Super Blue. The lesson seems to be to shave like you're using an Ever Ready! 3 and out for the GSB. Winner or London Bridge before passing on later this week, I think.
The Forbes was nice enough, if a little "school floor after mopping" scented. The London Gin Club was a pleasant surprise (cheers @Boycie83 ). Nice Juniper hithung around just long enough.
The Beaux is appraently Yaqi's new synthetic take on a Silvertip badger brush, and it's evident from the off that it holds far more water than my other Yaqi synths. I had to watch my lather, as the initial retention meant far too much water was added to the Forbes!
The shave was then rounded off by one of the @BartsBalm samples I received yesterday. I've been eyeing them on other people's posts, so was a little giddy to try them when they arrived! The Ben Cruachan was stunningly good. Deceptively mild scent-wise in the bottle, it explodes when massaged in to the skin. Superb finish - absorbed with no residue left behind, I get the rave reviews. Many thanks Bart. I'll be back for big 'uns. Although I may hold off for the reappearance of Ben Vorlich, 'cos that sounds really up my street!

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th May
Towel Day

S6mHvkY.jpg

Also can be used as a useful shaving accessory:
NDkttwK.jpg

Zenith 507 - OSP Bay Rum - General Steel - Schick Proline P #6 - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel

Dedicated to the late, great Douglas Adams.​

25/5/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Gillette Astra SP (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I've been using a big Omega boar recently, the Wild Hog brush which I used yesterday with it's 26mm/57mm knot so I thought I'd go the other way today and use my smallest Omega boar, the 10075 with it's 23mm/48mm knot. For both shaves I soaked both brushes for about 5 minutes in cold water (I find if soaked in hot water, the bristles can become floppy) and even though both brushes are very different to each there were similarities in their performances in they are both quite scrubby and keep their shape during the shave, but of course the Wild Hog holds a lot more lather and feels much more luxurious during the shave.

The Astra SP paired well with the Gillette New OC, and I really enjoyed the shave.

Have a good day gents.

25/05/21
Pre: Pears original transparent Face wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise shell
Soap: OSP No. 08
Razor: Karve SB - C Brass
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP No. 08
Wk21 (4).JPG
A nice enough shave although i am still not convinced with the WS Blade, i am not sure what version it is as it came as part of a trial pack?
Everything else worked as expected.
Stay safe and enjoy your day

25 May

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Yaqi Dandelion
Yaqi Kitana
1/2 Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

927456F0-3F1E-406B-B69C-DFC9A661C848.jpeg

A good two pass shave this morning. The Extro exploded with the Dandelion, so much lather! The Kitana didn’t get as close as on Sunday, but still a pretty fair result.

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California Daily face wash.

Pre: PPA unscented cube 2.0
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Willies!
Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and L’Oréal Barbershop reinforcing aftershave balm.
I lathered the cube as per instructions and got a lovely shower face wash, and then again as instructed which sent the already excellent latherer Barbiere into overdrive! The post shave feel and softness was also great! So it was a pleasant surprise to find a product that lived up to the hype! Overall the best shave I’ve got out of the Fatboy since I’ve started!

Attachments

• A9D945DE-281E-4BC4-8F37-E34B8245FBAA.jpeg
    A9D945DE-281E-4BC4-8F37-E34B8245FBAA.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 5
Sotd-25-05-21.jpg
This afternoon -

razor - Karve alu - c plate
blade - Feather (4 and out)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
soap - A&E - St Barts
post - witch hazel
a/s - A&E - St Barts
balm - none
scent - A&E - St Barts parfum.

St Barts - 'bring me sunshine......' perfect for a dark and dreich day. I managed to shave two days in a row - good effort me. The smell of the soap, splash and parfum..... must have white rum and pineapple juice, must have white rum and pineapple juice...... have great shaves - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom