SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Simpson Wee Scot*
Soap-Captain Fawcett
Blade-Gillette Black
Razor-Ikon Hybrid*
PS-Barts Lime

*This tiny brush seems to have been discontinued.

*After the extended discussion on Ikon elsewhere I dug out an Ikon hybrid I bought years ago from ES. Tried it with a Gillette Black and it worked well on both sides. Perhaps the earlier Ikons aren’t as aggressive as the later black anodised models?

Tuesday AM 2021-05-25
The movie 'Alien' premiered on this date, 1979
9H8gAYB.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (14)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme aftershave

HZCoO5t.jpg

This shave was delivered with the theme 'In homage to Boycie83'

IMG_20210524_211359.jpg

Special offer - Stainless Colonial V2
50% less than DE blades - Feather Super Professional
Pay less - Wee whisky barrel
Buy one get one free - L'Occitane Cade
WIGIG - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse
This shave was presented by a wonderful soap in a shitty Wilkinson Sword plastic tub. Of course I always had the option of transferring it to a nice wooden bowl, but sod that, I just wanted it to keep reminding me of what a faker the man himself really is

But in fairness it is one fantastic soap and never fails to fluff up a very useable lather. Just comes in a cheap skate container. The wee brush is quite a firm favourite of mine. It may seem a bit gimmicky but it is a very comfortable and very capable knot on a beautiful handle.
This was very much a functional 'reach for' shave and the V2 will always give a great showing whatever is asked of it. Today was no different. Slick, agile and so so smooth. Like an 89 you would have to be pushing barriers to cause damage. Pleased to say, a hassle free wonderful shave.

I can't bloody move in my room for all this spare enabling cash.

Matching Cade aftershave balm to top it all off then a slosh of the wonderful Gorse to add a heady end to my sink time this time around. Perfection

I also want to know what all this 'The best looking bloke on TSR is all about? I know I am a leading contender for the' being hit with the ugly stick award' but boy do I carry one huge inferiority complex in my everyday life. It is a waste of time talking to the mirror because all I get in reply is 'You are a fair man, but there is fairer in the land'. Fucking Boycie83. The mirror talks shite.

Have a most bodacious of days you wonderful folk and for this evening's Japanese girlie's of the day it is over to those Bed in girls. Because they are as cheap and nasty and it doesn't take too much for them to enable. Or realise how they enable. Folk wouldn't go to see these two for the music.

vof0xX5.jpg

2nd superb shave on this great economical blade in my ol' reliable English post-war Tech with a PAA brass handle.
B&M Petrichor Soft Heart soap and the legendary AS: Denim Original. This razor never disappoints and I keep returning to her time & again like a true love.

SoTd
First run out with the Men-u limited edition Uber shaving brush and shave cream..I must say the brush did not disappoint super soft. The loft is a little higher than some knots of this size that makes it very good for painting but also no issues splaying the brush to face lather either ! The cream was a really good performer..easy to lather and had a nice fresh minty scent with a slight cooling, I’m not usually one to go for menthol in a soap or cream but this was really quite pleasant and I would certainly buy again. Overall I’m really happy with my purchases from men-u...the cream paired really well with the Nivea 2 phase ! I’ve been playing around somewhat with my Koraat lately and taking it to the paste gradually to get a feel for my preference on the edge..so far it’s going really well and I’m quite enjoying experimenting a little. Feeling super smooth and very refreshed !
CB0A9078-36CD-4FC1-84E8-5181EBF4142C.jpeg

Tuesday 25th May

ACtC-3dw6KzTA4uOiDLBvuUcCtAYNol0zlxHlip_HzYf_3DnBWkNtPL09LODw87Iu8WHBw5UBGG43R5Vzyf11G5iNE0_MKmYkT4Zcdf72EAlWz8fy291cwTTuTmjuobtMu24XJwZhXfgSakJHEpqiJ7aAIrZSQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
TDS Rose Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 (Orange) w/Omega 28mm Professional Boar
Yaqi AC V1 w/Muhle Rocca R95 Handle
Schick Proline P30 (6)
Novaya Zarya Shipr (Chypre) Cologne

Much thanks to @Jester for the TDS samples - today, I'm using the Rose which has a wonderful scent, somewhat darkened by jasmine and pepper. What a superb scent! Very much dark floral rather than the green stem of English Rose.

I think I'm getting to the end of this blade. I wondered if I might regret this 6th shave, but it's done fine with two passes. Being a single pass shaver, I've learned to really concentrate all efforts and technique into gaining a quality shave from a single pass. Whenever I've done more than one pass, it's because I really enjoyed the shave. Now that I've conceded that I need two passes with this particular blade, I'm re-learning to undertake a reduction pass for the first pass and pick up the stragglers with the second. Fun to revisit technique.

Smashing Russian Cologne to finish off ...

Fragrantica pens it as: Shipr by Novaya Zarya (Новая Заря) is a Chypre fragrance for men. Shipr was launched in 1889. Top note is Bergamot; middle notes are Vanille, Patchouli and Sandalwood; base notes are oak moss and French labdanum.

The vanilla and labdanum certainly picks up the rose and jasmine just perfectly and settles that dark floral back into a dank forest edge.

Much enjoyed!

vof0xX5.jpg

2nd superb shave on this great economical blade in my ol' reliable English post-war Tech with a PAA brass handle.
B&M Petrichor Soft Heart soap and the legendary AS: Denim Original. This razor never disappoints and I keep returning to her time & again like a true love.
I see you haven't butchered that brush handle ;)

This shave was delivered with the theme 'In homage to Boycie83'

View attachment 70461

Special offer - Stainless Colonial V2
50% less than DE blades - Feather Super Professional
Pay less - Wee whisky barrel
Buy one get one free - L'Occitane Cade
WIGIG - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse
This shave was presented by a wonderful soap in a shitty Wilkinson Sword plastic tub. Of course I always had the option of transferring it to a nice wooden bowl, but sod that, I just wanted it to keep reminding me of what a faker the man himself really is

But in fairness it is one fantastic soap and never fails to fluff up a very useable lather. Just comes in a cheap skate container. The wee brush is quite a firm favourite of mine. It may seem a bit gimmicky but it is a very comfortable and very capable knot on a beautiful handle.
This was very much a functional 'reach for' shave and the V2 will always give a great showing whatever is asked of it. Today was no different. Slick, agile and so so smooth. Like an 89 you would have to be pushing barriers to cause damage. Pleased to say, a hassle free wonderful shave.

I can't bloody move in my room for all this spare enabling cash.

Matching Cade aftershave balm to top it all off then a slosh of the wonderful Gorse to add a heady end to my sink time this time around. Perfection

I also want to know what all this 'The best looking bloke on TSR is all about? I know I am a leading contender for the' being hit with the ugly stick award' but boy do I carry one huge inferiority complex in my everyday life. It is a waste of time talking to the mirror because all I get in reply is 'You are a fair man, but there is fairer in the land'. Fucking Boycie83. The mirror talks shite.

Have a most bodacious of days you wonderful folk and for this evening's Japanese girlie's of the day it is over to those Bed in girls. Because they are as cheap and nasty and it doesn't take too much for them to enable. Or realise how they enable. Folk wouldn't go to see these two for the music.

For a moment I thought it was wilkinson sword blue bowl... until I scrolled down lower to description :ROFLMAO:

Tuesday

Arko
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Feather (1)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
OSP Neroli Tonic

A lovely pairing of Feather and Merkur; and an equally excellent pairing between Arko and OSP. The neroli notes in the soap were enhanced very well by the tonic.

View attachment 70536
S. - mate - I notice a preponderance for fruit in your sotd pics - I presume, in the style of 'Golden Age' Dutch still life painting? Do you eat any of it? If so - you are no longer properly Scottish to me. :) If the former - have you considered a lobster or a pewter vase of tulips as props? ;) - I.

S. - mate - I notice a preponderance for fruit in your sotd pics - I presume, in the style of 'Golden Age' Dutch still life painting? Do you eat any of it? If so - you are no longer properly Scottish to me. :) If the former - have you considered a lobster or a pewter vase of tulips as props? ;) - I.
I actually was going for an image after the style of Caravaggio (he did some early fruit work) :ROFLMAO:. As to consumption; confit oranges in lard, washed down with a single white pudding are ambrosia from the gods.

The lobsters will come into play when I leave the Italian Renaissance and embrace surrealism. My aim is to devise a shaving set up inspired by Max Ernst’s ‘Europe After the Rain’. I’m thinking Feather Artist Club non-folding; or an R41 with a Feather blade; or that Yaqi Agamemnon/Armageddon I have on loan. Post-shave, you know where I’m going: Mentally Vigorous, Alcolado Glacial and Fine Snake Bite :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom