SOTD : Saturday 22nd May to Friday 28th May 2021.

Monday SOTD

0khCuZk.png

Merkur Futur Polished Chrome
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌
Ariana & Evans Asian Plum Shaving Soap
Ariana & Evans Asian Plum Afrershave Splash

SOTD 24-May
20210524_113846.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Shave Factory/Omega Boar
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8

Bit of a rushed one this morning, not my finest result but good enough for work (in the spare bedroom!). I knew going in I didn't really have the time but I was determined. Not to worry still a good start to the day.

Hope everyone has a cracking day of it!

Cheers

Marc

24/5/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Brush - Omega Wild Hog
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Astra SP (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I really enjoyed this shave. There are certain combinations which work better than others, a big Omega boar brush with an Italian tallow croap is such a very successful and enjoyable partnership.

Have a good start to the week gents.

24/05/21
Pre: Shower, cold water face rinse
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1
Soap: OSP Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (7)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red (Decanted to the Avon "Shaving Brush")

Wk21 (3).JPG
The little X1 Commodore is a great little tool, today it did a great job on the OSP lather and held enough for the 3 pass shave.
The Blackland Sabre L1 fitted with a 6 shave GEM was as smooth as ever, such a comfortable, efficient shaver for me.
I picked up a couple of Avon "shaving brush" A/S bottles on my scent bottle hunt and filled this one with good old Proraso Red, looks really good on the shelf. Really not sure what to put in the 2nd one?
BBS, soft, supple, feeling and smelling good, what more could you want from a shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Night Before
Razor/Blade:- Maggard Razors Std. v3.0 with MR11 Bulldog / Rapira Super Stainless #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux
Tonight Tipple:- Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Todays shave.
Pre. ......... Face wash, L’Oreal cleansing gel
Soap. ..... SV 70th
Brush. ..... Rooney
Razor. ..... Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade. ..... Nacet (1)
Asb. ....... L’Oreal
Edt. ...... Mont Blanc

A 3 pass shave to a bbs finish. All components working together leaving me super smooth, feeling good. Happy Happy
Stay safe , Keep smiling:)
CF472393-6A1D-45AC-AE09-EFE657EB1540.jpeg

For this particular shave I revert back to my SOTD hero........ @Palmolive fox and I present you with the theme 'My polar opposite shaving recipe for today'

View attachment 70381

My spontaneously hacked together shave for today.

Prep: A scrub in cold water in the tin tub which has stood since my wife last bathed several hours back

Pre:
Some warm water splashed on a bit of ripped up T-shirt
Pears - what the bloody hell is this stuff? I have never washed in pears or any fruit for that matter
Extracts - A touch of 3 in 1 does just fine. Castrol may be a better choice but shit, 5 litres of the stuff?
Brush: APShave Co 30mm Cashmere on a gigantic lump of brass
Bowl - Cornflakes?
Lather : MDC Fouckere.
Blade: Feather Super Professional. As blunt as they come.
Franktherazor - Stainless Mongoose

Boiling hot water applied using a Delonge kettle. I will sue you at this point Barry. Have you seen what an effing face full of scolding hot water does?
Homemade bread for reasons unknown (No particular season of the year just crusty white from the bread maker) and lemon. More sueing your way. If you think suffering boils and reddening of the skin with the boiling water might not be too serious just you wait and see what applying freshly squeezed lemon juice does.
Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals (Crystal meth? This is a place for shaving not a home brewed narcotics forum) . And all mixed together by a witch called Hazel? What sort of devilment is this as I thought all known witches had been burnt at the stake back in the 16th century. Well at least I did think that until a night out locally after several months of lock down. And so they should have been, but more locked up than down.

@Palmolive fox utilises the services of the local witch covenant to mix his post shave mix of lemons, vinegar and sea salt

Creightons ~Sensitive PSB and something to do with Gummy bears. I haven't got over the lemon juice yet so thoughts of sensitivity are out of reach at the moment.

Greetings,

A harrowing Sunday evening shave (Mainly driven by lemon juice) ...

The Mongoose/Feather was another duo dreadfully slashing their way through the my stubble inefficiently with each pass. In theory the brush could have done that alone being such a face masher.

Finishing the shave off with more of those Gummy bears ~ Traditional Scouse Cologne with a dab of diesel behind each ear.

My face is feeling as rough as a badger's arse & smelling like a sewage outlet :mad:

Stay safe, and enjoy your week peeps. :unsure:

And this is where we part our ways and take my usual sign off. A shave without some Japanese ladies is simply no shave at all. And especially for you Barry I give you a lovebite Lovebites

Being a fellow Robert Ranking fan I guess you won't take any offence by this, but just to let you know I love your informative educacting posts whereas I just post incessant mindless drivel.

But I do love my shaves

PS. See you in court

My Crystal meth/ Essential oil combo leads to looking like following:

Sotd-24-05-21.jpg

razor - ATT Calypso Alu M plate
blade - Lodz Polsilver (? - lost count)
brush - Semogue mixed badger/boar Special Edition
soap - Vitos Supercrema - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - none needed.

Great - I love the smell of almonds in the morning.... all good, proper old-school. Enjoy yours - one and all. Cheers - I.

L1030636sm.jpg

Today’s shave was an important one, as I’m just heading off to have my second AstraZeneca / Oxford University Covid-19 vaccination.

Naturally I want to be clean shaven and sweet smelling for the event, and so I used my favourite Lime scented software. As it’s been a while since I used the Fatboy, he’ll be in my razor of choice. I also remembered that I had a whole box of Personna Med Prep blades, which have always given excellent results. They deserve an outing, especially when I’ll be meeting some medics and I'll be prepped!

Thank you to all the scientists and doctors in the NHS and pharmaceutical companies for developing and issuing these vaccines, which are keeping us all safe!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1959 - E2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Bart’s Lime balm and Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Cop

Back
Top Bottom