Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Avon Wild country
View attachment 110827
For my birthday shave i used up the last of the Cussons shave cream.
A great shave from the birthyear slim.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Happy birthday, I hope you had an awesome day and was spoiled rotten.

View attachment 110832
SOTD: 04/09/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur and Romulus
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 10th use Feather Pro 5th
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Wickham’s May Chang Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EdP

More similar than I thought they would be but definitely not the same, arguably even at the cheap price for the steel version I’d say the Excalibur was marginally more efficient. Yet with each save it seems to be getting better, maybe I got a duff head, but it just feel like it’s a tad too mild.

What is this? A 'Blue and White' version of my LFC brush? Heavens above!

After four days of Leiden and forcibly having to shave with a Gillette cartridge razor (actually very good) I return with a shave which doesn't say, 'Please see my previous'. Nope, this one arrives with a bit of spiel and the theme, 'The best a man can get?'

20230905_144044.jpg

Best a man can't get - Stainless Mongoose
The Carlesberg blade - Feather Super Professional (Probably)
Best team brush - Highlander LFC - Hell hath no fury than a brush scorned @LeeMaz
Best wooden bowl - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Best facial creaming - Collegen and Chasey Lain

'And you Mr Satanfriendly are the fucking worse any woman could ever get'

After a couple of days of 'Couldn't be arsed' a most welcome home shave from 'probably the best a man can get' and the Mongoose. Absolute heaven (somewhere south of my own abode) and that wonder touch. I am not going to even bother about trying to describe how close, it just was. As good as it gets? Probably.

And a great show from the only duo coloured brush which matters (I am sure a blue and white version wouldn't even get close) and the wonderful Cuban in a nice bowl. Superb.

A refreshing change and time to change my underwear after five days. My socks self disintegrated a few days back. But shit, was Leiden one lovely place to spend time. Comes highly recommended from this end. If anyone visits and comes across the remains of a pair of distasteful 'Holy' socks please drop me a line.

Some Japanese ladies? Very obliging to present you with someone new to me. And will probably be the last time I use them...Neat001? Ah well......

FC12CC42-27E4-4E0D-9A77-6F0D152358A2.jpeg
AP Shaveco Synbad
Gillette Slim Twist
Polsilver Łódź (3)
OSP Rosemary & Peppermint
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
D.R. Harris Arlington a/s

I generally only enjoy my synthetics when the weather is particularly hot.
I think it’s the combination of lack of heat retention, and the fact that they make lather ridiculously easily, favourable in this heat.
Nicely refreshed by the subtle cooling of peppermint.

Enjoy yours gents.

Belated birthday greetings to @Tony'schin.

Wed 6
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Mashes & Shepherd Ponds Works
Lovely lather qualities and scent from the soap, brush, and splash combination!
Excellent razor for today's shave. The edge was buttery smooth after stroping on the roo leather...
20230906_094801.jpg

SOTD 06-Sep
20230905_114318.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS
Soap: SBS Woodshop
Razor: Reggies Titan
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Decent once again, nice smooth finish with only slight feedback on the AS and no sneaky nicks this morning. Initial impressions are good, but there's something just not grabbing me. I think I know what it is but I'll have another few go arounds first.

Woodshop is decent, the soap didn't have the scent strength on lathering that I expected but the splash more than made up for it. I got the hit of coffee and slightly lesser bourbon followed by wood, very nice. Luckily it's not that sweet coffee that I've heard others tend to lean towards.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Marc

@Tony'schin happy belated birthday, hope you enjoyed afternoon tea with the family!

Back
Top Bottom