SOTD: Saturday 2 September - Friday 8 September 2023

SOTD 05-Sep
20230904_083715.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: SBS Valedictorian
Razor: Reggies Titan
Blade: Wizamet (1)

First run out with the Titan so I can't form a full opinion yet. Initial impression is that it is very much along my normal lines. It was a little sneaky and gave me a couple of warning marks on my neck, which I didn't notice until afterwards. A little feedback on the splash but nothing major.

Nice smooth finish and smelling good, I'm liking these SBS sets, glad I got the samples though as a couple of their offerings are a bit sweet for my tastes.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 5th September 2023.

c.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)
Blade: Euromax Platinum Single Edge. ( D1)
Razor: Yaqi SE Katana.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Oceans ASL./ Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Face & Head shave,

The grated Palmolive shaving soap was the star of the shave this morning....It doesn't matter which way I use the humble Palmolive classic shave stick , it never fails to provide me with a super protective slick lather leaving a good post shave feel. Superb stuff!.

The efficient Katana & Euromax Platinum duo cut through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

Tuesday 5th September
Rocnel SE-P OC - ½ PolSilver Super Iridium #1 - Jayaruh 289 - Haslinger Honig - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230904-103537-01.jpg

@Tony'schin
Belated wishes young Tony.

5 September

TOBS St James
Simpson M7
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

46F78065-C056-4AFC-9285-003E38F0A786.jpeg
This is an early example of the Claymore Evolution and the cap will only fit Feather blades comfortably but, boy, this razor is well suited to them. Another smooth, close two pass shave this morning with a wonderful Taylor’s lather.

Last edited:
05/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Synth Maggards Knot
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wicstun
Wk 37 (4).jpg
All ready for afternoon tea at Lumley Castle with family.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

04/09/62
Birthday shave
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Avon Wild country
View attachment 110827
For my birthday shave i used up the last of the Cussons shave cream.
A great shave from the birthyear slim.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Best wishes on your Birthday!

Tuesday 5th September
I managed to obtain a Gillette Standard Gold Toggle, F4 so 4th quarter 1960. Been looking for a while and soon realised that I would have to increase our mortgage to be able to afford one. I managed to sell a few non shaving odds and sods on the web and so took the plunge without having to increase our mortgage. Is it worth it? It shaves similar to any adjustable Gillette of the time, Aristocrat, Slim, Fatboy. However, it is the daddy of these razors has a unique opening action, is really well made and as I collect vintage razors why not?

Ach Brito soap and Culmak junior, now with a synthetic business end produced a super creamy lather. The Toggle #5 did the rest, bbs in 2 passes plus pick ups. Saponificio Stella Alpina after shave and job done. Another happy shave.

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0269.jpeg

Tuesday 5th September
I managed to obtain a Gillette Standard Gold Toggle, F4 so 4th quarter 1960. Been looking for a while and soon realised that I would have to increase our mortgage to be able to afford one. I managed to sell a few non shaving odds and sods on the web and so took the plunge without having to increase our mortgage. Is it worth it? It shaves similar to any adjustable Gillette of the time, Aristocrat, Slim, Fatboy. However, it is the daddy of these razors has a unique opening action, is really well made and as I collect vintage razors why not?

Ach Brito soap and Culmak junior, now with a synthetic business end produced a super creamy lather. The Toggle #5 did the rest, bbs in 2 passes plus pick ups. Saponificio Stella Alpina after shave and job done. Another happy shave.

Have a great day fellas!

View attachment 110857
Well done on your super purchase :)

Well done on your super purchase :)
The F4 standard was made in large quantities by Gillette and targeted the 1960 Christmas period, hence 4 the fourth quarter. You wouldn’t think so now as the few that do come up for sale are eye wateringly expensive. I got a bit lucky as I won it in a bid. The box was not a Toggle box but from an Aristocrat adjustable, which I also wanted but I suspect that might have put people off bidding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom