SOTD: Saturday 19 August - Friday 25 August 2023.

SOTD: 19th August 2023.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap+Sensitive shaving cream.
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol ASL./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Continuing with Chinese clone August using the Ming Shi 2000s.

I've mentioned before in my past postings out of all my adjustable razors the Ming shi 2000 is by far the most assertive it had a very Love/Hate reputation within the wet shaving community when it first came on the market.

I was passed on mine from a friend I also have a spare one too, both of them have good blade alignment it is however a very assertive razor, even on it's lowest setting it's still a very efficient razor you must have instant shaving confidence and be it's master when shaving. It also doesn't allow bad technique, or lack of concentration and most importantly the lightest of touch and much respect is vital if not, It'll bite you for sure.

I find the Rapira Swedish Supersteel blade a great match for the Ming Shi 2000s feeling smooth & efficient.

The Ming Shi 2000s razor alone, like most of my more assertive razor's has improved my shaving confidence and technique multitude.

I never thought in a million years I would use such an efficient razor especially for a head shave...practicing my technique has gave me the shaving confidence to do so.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

19/08/23
Belfast Travel lodge shave
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT

20230819_072326.jpg
Away for a few days across in Belfast.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

IMG_2542.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Arran Aromatics Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Aromatics Machrie Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT

Today's shave:

rdt23081932fxp.jpg

- Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
- Semogue FA 2016 LE
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with ASP blade
- Wilkinson Classic aftershave

:D

SOTD: 19/08/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

Savonnaire du Moulin
HSC Erskine 26mm Plissoft 2
Eveready Jewel
GEM coated #1
Myersol Agua de Balsamica

Leisurely two pass shave with a new blade in the Jewel, one tiny weeper on the jawline but a good result nonetheless. Finished with a splash of the aftershave to get the day started with the aid of a cuppa on the patio in the morning’s sunshine but wearing a thicker shirt as it is breezy today, have a relaxing weekend folks and fingers crossed that the English ladies batter the Spanish senoritas tomorrow!

19 August

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Omega 48 Pro
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Lucky Tiger face tonic

F7E7D30B-5840-4F75-92F6-37AAE9F8F62E.jpeg
The start of the weekend and a new brush (whoops). Dispatched yesterday and delivered this morning. Thank you Connaught for the great service. Astonishingly, after a soak, this large brush had little detectable funk, so, after a quick wash it went straight into the soap. A heavy loading and a good first lather on the face and there was still plenty of lather for a second pass! This is not my usual experience with boar brushes! I think I might finally have found a boar brush that suits me :).

Last edited:
Saturday 19 August
YAQI Excalibur matte chrome today.
New Schick B-30 Proline blade.
The Gentleman Floris London Elite. Bit of a mouthful for a shaving soap, it’s triple milled which makes it denser and lasts longer when in constant use. Well mine isn’t in constant use so I guess it will become a family heirloom at some stage :ROFLMAO:
The butterscotch handle brush is an heirloom of sorts as it was already pretty old when I picked it up in a junk shop too many years ago to recall. I did not use it then as most of the bristles had long since gone down the plug hole. I recently fitted a new badger knot and voila! It’s back to its former new brush glory, bit like Trigger‘s dad‘s broom. Keep up at the back there, Fools and Horses?
The shave? Thanks for asking, it was shaving bliss, bbs in two passes and minor pick ups. Saponificio Stella Alpina after shave completed my excellent first ablution of the shaving week.
Have a wonderful weekend fellas!

IMG_0239.jpeg

20230819_163728.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade - Super Shave X
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Cup Of Leftovers
Splash - Brut

20230819_163826.jpg

Wasn't sure what to expect with this shave. I have very little experience with slants (think I've only used one before which didn't really impress me), no previous experience with this razor and I've never used this blade before either!

The shave itself was super comfortable and smooth. The razor wasn't as aggressive as I expected, but maybe that's the blade (?) I'll probably swap the blade halfway through the week to see what difference that makes.

Two passes gave me a very close, but not BBS shave. My face feels great though with no irritation, despite a little over-shaving in one spot.

Good start!

Back
Top Bottom