SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

Razor = 1960 Gillette Slim
Blade = Gillette 7 O’clock Sharp Edge ( Yellow )
Brush Alpha Rubberset 400
Soap = Mammoth Mood Indigo
Balm = Nivea
Splash = Tobs Eton College.
Brilliant shave for me today & first go with the slim.
Can’t stress enough how impressed i was with this razor, everything about it was class, the way it sat in the hand almost felt like it was custom made to me, just a perfect all round razor.
Done the whole shave on setting 3 just until i got used to it but being honest i should have just upped it to the top notch right away.
The soap was also class & another great addition for me.
Onwards & Upwards

F9A34E33-2B9D-4E67-9CAC-1898D2DEAD4B.png

Tuesday AM 2021-04-20
Fenway Park & Tiger Stadium opened on this date, 1912
iqDzZbw.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (21)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
cHhGvKJ.jpg

Tue 20th April

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
Personna Super Stainless Injector
Personna S/S ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A smoother Shave today after use of the fresh blade. The brush and soap were a good partnership, as the Lather produced was a delight to work with, attained a Top Notch finish without any hassle.

3E2E6D87-04BF-4731-ABC1-53CA4A9BED24.jpeg

Today I had a shave. It was themed 'Keep it simple'

IMG_20210420_191442.jpg

Rocnel SE-50
Bits of a Dorco Prime
Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime soap
Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime EDC

It was good and I feel very nice

My wife thinks I am stupid. I think I will go now

And I do like Japanese girl rock bands

Tuesday 20th April

ACtC-3cZxAz6e5pln5KM3v6o7QErZmYkxwQNDxFKrhrttaGrGKfdQXVj0HTmO25XgKwiSXKJTkTUoBWxOISpbroPMYJqyLZaQvXT3Sri-4j1nrg6StFRuHA6kmIcr-SSzrP7iWA9C20DfZ7knxfireF5Ie_kmg=w600

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
LEA Shaving Stick (Grated)
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
SuperMax Diamond Edge (1)
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Gosh! That was an easy shave ...

First, much thanks to @Ricksplace for supplying the blade and helping me fill a couple of blanks in my SuperMax collection, which I gave a damn good hammering when I spent Six Weeks in SuperMax! and at the time mused that I thought the SuperMax Diamond Edge would be akin to the Zorrik or Vidyut Super Platinum of the same epoch.

It is worth mentioning that SuperMax have indeed upped their game with their sputtered blades (so, platinum, titanium and chromium) and are now delivering some mighty fine metal! That said, the Indian market Zorrik and Vidyut Super Platinum of the latest epoch are good blades, but the global market SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum pips them by quite a margin.

The (presumably Indian market) SuperMax Diamond Edge would appear to complete the brand trio for the Indian market and the blade is also a good cut above its Zorrik and Vidyut peers ... by quite a margin. Which leads me to believe that the Indian market SuperMax Diamond Edge (actually a platinum blade) is the same blade marketed globally as the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum. It even has a (tell-tale?) blue diamond on the sleeve.

Sharp, smooth and capable ...

Enough about me, though. Actually, that does go for the blade as well.

Last edited:
SoTd
Went with the Koraat this evening what a beautiful smooth and comfortable shave absolutely love this razor it’s a dream to shave with and right up there in my top spot sitting alongside my favourite TI. I’m not really a fan of menthol and don’t really enjoy it in a soap however every now and then I like a change and don’t mind it in an aftershave so picked out the 2 phase. Feeling super smooth and refreshed really enjoyed this one !!FBB4FE0D-BD2D-4178-9457-CE4187201393.jpeg

Tuesday

Palmolive stick
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Rockwell 6C R4
Supermax Blue Diamond
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Bart’s Ben Cruachan lotion

All good. My face feels very good after the Bart’s lotion. Excellent lime scent.

View attachment 68502
Ooooh - get her and her posh stick holder - typical Embra - Scotia's midden! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - I.

Back
Top Bottom