SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

And may I welcome you all to my shave with theme 'Harrigammi take(n) 2'

View attachment 68404

As if they never learnt from their original misadventure the Mills family found themselves kidnapped once again. And neither did I learn in this case.

The Bolton twist - Stainless Colonial General
The Crumpsall crumple - Titan Mild
The St Annes scrunch - Alpha Wickhams Artic
The Ramsbottom rumple - MDC Fougere
The Waddicar wad - Goutal Monsieur

Of course all these shaving implements were named after techniques used in Harrigammi and were used in the making of this particular shave. Which also included sellotape.

Stainless Colonial General

And a very happy birthday to you
The picture isn't showing for some reason :cautious:

Monday 19th April
Birthday Shave
Cadman Custom Synthetic - OSP Spice Road Prototype - General Brass - Schick Proline P #1 - Old Spice A/S - Aloe Vera Gel - Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb EDT
3aMLXoF.jpg

A celebration with 3 of my favourite pieces of shaving accoutrements accompanied by 2 of my favourite guitarists.

And a very happy birthday to you. Have some images with change

And a wonderful choice of birthday razor

Monday

Martin de Candre Original
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Supermax Blue Titanium
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

A beautiful shave tonight. Another ‘knife through butter’ experience; with 2 luxurious passes and a touch-up. The 37C really is an excellent razor.

DD8ABB40-D493-4D2C-9A8A-DBAA0FDBBD65.jpeg

SOTD 17-Apr
View attachment 68317
Prep
Warm shower

Brush
PAA Peregrino

Razor
Dovo Best 6/8

Soap
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

First shave off the freshly honed Best courtesy of @Fergiebilly, the audible feedback of this on the pass was fantastic, absolutely effortless 2 pass shave (though the second pass wasn't really necessary I just wanted to). Cheers Billy!

Have a cracking day all

Cheers

Marc
1618861080841.png

Good evening men

Soap - Zingari No1 Sample
Brush - Simpson T3
Blade - Lord Platinum #2
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4) (4) (2)
Splash - A&E Amber Rose Skinfood

C48D136F-A15E-4DDE-8F69-977D6190C5FC.jpeg

Many thanks to @Olie29 for the soap sample, out of the package it’s wow!! An absolute beauty of a scent, it’s a bit more subtle when lathered but it’s a beaut. Very very slick even in between passes after a splash.
My main concern is this Lord Platinum blade, it felt tuggy and I’ve a couple of weepers that I wouldn’t normally get.
Mrs Seaman has informed me that I’m feeling very smooth but I’m still not sure this blade is a performer.
Post shave excellent with A&E Amber Rose Skinfood.

Stay safe gentlemen

Good evening men

Soap - Zingari No1 Sample
Brush - Simpson T3
Blade - Lord Platinum #2
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4) (4) (2)
Splash - A&E Amber Rose Skinfood

View attachment 68458

Many thanks to @Olie29 for the soap sample, out of the package it’s wow!! An absolute beauty of a scent, it’s a bit more subtle when lathered but it’s a beaut. Very very slick even in between passes after a splash.
My main concern is this Lord Platinum blade, it felt tuggy and I’ve a couple of weepers that I wouldn’t normally get.
Mrs Seaman has informed me that I’m feeling very smooth but I’m still not sure this blade is a performer.
Post shave excellent with A&E Amber Rose Skinfood.

Stay safe gentlemen
Glad you enjoyed it...it’s a beautiful scent but as you say not the strongest, I tried the splash and balm last week following the soap and they weren’t too strong either I could still smell it on myself a few hours later but very subtle...they look to do a parfum or similar but it’s not available here or not as yet, maybe that has more longevity

Glad you enjoyed it...it’s a beautiful scent but as you say not the strongest, I tried the splash and balm last week following the soap and they weren’t too strong either I could still smell it on myself a few hours later but very subtle...they look to do a parfum or similar but it’s not available here or not as yet, maybe that has more longevity

I’d certainly buy the soap and splash Jay and as for an EdP.........here’s my money just take it.

Monday

Martin de Candre Original
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Supermax Blue Titanium
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

A beautiful shave tonight. Another ‘knife through butter’ experience; with 2 luxurious passes and a touch-up. The 37C really is an excellent razor.

View attachment 68457
love Ballard's Atrocity Exhibition in the background!

I’d certainly buy the soap and splash Jay and as for an EdP.........here’s my money just take it.
It really is that good isn’t it..I thought you would like it being that you quite like Rose the combination is fantastic ! I did ask Heather and she said it’s a seasonal and once sold out it will return next year but didn’t ask about the EDP maybe I will do that

A fine album, Rob. Nice and easy intro to his stuff, instead of jumping straight into Music in Twelve Parts, or Einstein on the Beach. Unless you really want to...

Hi Stephen.
I’ve only dabbled with his work over the years. This album is great for tuning out. Had a pretty rough week last week and this was the perfect pill.
I’ll check out the other pieces you mentioned, thank you. (y)

Hi Stephen.
I’ve only dabbled with his work over the years. This album is great for tuning out. Had a pretty rough week last week and this was the perfect pill.
I’ll check out the other pieces you mentioned, thank you. (y)
My pleasure, Rob. They’re much more reductive and repetitive than Glassworks. If I had them as LPs, I’d be constantly demanding a refund; convinced that the needle’s getting stuck :)

Hi Garry just had a reply from Heather on messenger to say the No1 EDP is a seasonal release and therefore won’t be certified.. I have asked if there is anyway to order it to the UK or if her shipping methods prevent this as I would quite like to order it if possible. Will update once I get a reply for anybody that’s interested

Back
Top Bottom