SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

G6HT9JZ.jpg

Kanayama 95000 / H.Diamond 8000 / Paladin PK-47 / B&M LGC / Thayers
A stunning moody pic and set up. :)

SOTD_20171219-1024x683.jpg

• Pre-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Oil
  • Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino - Leonardo da Vinci - Custom Koraat 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Mirto di Sardegna - Beta 4.3
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Mirto di Sardegna
Beautiful pic and set up.

What are your thoughts please Chris on the new S.V soap?

SOTD: 191217
SOTD 191217.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #2
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Brush: Omega Synth Barber Handle
Soap: Lea Stick
EDT: none

I have taken this photo before for one of my SOTD but I had a play around with it in photo shop. ( I have plenty of time on my hands. ;))

I cannot emphasise enough how magnificent I find the 1912 razor. It truly is a masterpiece with regards to design, innovation and ability in my opinion. An early 20th century wonder.

This may sound silly but I do not recall a time where I had to be seated to shave as I am not very mobile at the moment. It was a strange experience but one I could get used to.
A stunning 3 pass shave to leave me smoother than WD40 on a butterflies wing. (See, I told you I have too much time on my hands. :))

I find the lea stick really easy to achieve a lather helped along with the Omega Synth. Not my favourite synth but it does the job well.

Alum as expected gave me no feedback due to the irritation free and smooth shave achieved.

Enjoy yours!

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: D R. Harris Lavender Stick
Razor: ER Featherweight
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Cella Eau De Lavande
IMG_20171219_171150.jpg

Not my favourite ER but still one I enjoy using every now and then.
It would upset my skin eventually if it was a daily driver, a tad mild and too much work required but an enjoyable shave all the same.

SOTD: 191217
View attachment 31872

Blade: Gem SS #2
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Brush: Omega Synth Barber Handle
Soap: Lea Stick
EDT: none

I have taken this photo before for one of my SOTD but I had a play around with it in photo shop. ( I have plenty of time on my hands. ;))

I cannot emphasise enough how magnificent I find the 1912 razor. It truly is a masterpiece with regards to design, innovation and ability in my opinion. An early 20th century wonder.

This may sound silly but I do not recall a time where I had to be seated to shave as I am not very mobile at the moment. It was a strange experience but one I could get used to.
A stunning 3 pass shave to leave me smoother than WD40 on a butterflies wing. (See, I told you I have too much time on my hands. :))

I find the lea stick really easy to achieve a lather helped along with the Omega Synth. Not my favourite synth but it does the job well.

Alum as expected gave me no feedback due to the irritation free and smooth shave achieved.

Enjoy yours!

Hope it's not too serious Wayne? Hope your recovery is as smooth as your shave.:D

Back
Top Bottom