Mon 18th Dec
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos S
Super Red
Alu. General & S/S Handle
Feather Pro [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Had another poor night, sore throat and stubborn cough.Despite feeling rough I always try to Shave, it raises the spirits a bit. Tried to make amends for less than satisfactory Shave with The General. I thought it went well, but still less satisfactory around the neck. This confirms without doubt that the heavier AC/SE Razors are for me.

Have got some stuff recommended by the Pharmacist which seems more effective than the Stuff I was using. With the Festive season looming and can well do without being under the weather. and spreading germs.

IMG_0461.jpg

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave

One day growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Soap: OSP Fougere
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Proraso Green.

Gillette Nacet test

Day 2

The blade was not as smooth as Day 1, and with one day's growth it felt a little more erratic. Overall, it still was a comfortable shave, though I have a little bit of irritation (soap or blade? Let see on Day 3).

I am enjoying the OSP Fougere soap, the scent is very pleasant and it lathers quickly and easily.

Cheers,

Brian

SOTD: 19th December 2017.
+3tues(19th dec).JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower: Yardley of London ~ English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S 10065 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Dove Men + Care Hydrate.

Blade: Derby Extra. (1)

Razor: Muhle 34C HD.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Bulldog ~ A/S Balm.

4711 ~ Cologne A/S .

Greetings,

Today with some what trepidation was the return of the Derby extra blade to my de blade rotation, after reading a good report on this love/hate blade, i pushed the boat out and gave it another chance..The verdict?

Maybe i over-reacted on discarding the blades after i recieved a very nasty nick early this year however, looking back now, i think it was a combination of operator technique-error & a dodgy intermittent blade, of which could possibly have been a one off, as previous to 'the nasty nick incident', i had no problems with the marmite de blade of the wet shaving community.

Today my shave was a comfortable one with no blood drama..I still can't see myself ordering another batch once i've used the other 4 remaining blades in the tuck,besides that, i have a boat load of Russian blades to contend with, which will last me for years.

A suprisingly enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups no-irritation silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of 4711~Cologne A/S.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 19DEC17.JPG
#SOTD 19DEC17
Razor: Tatara Masamune OC #17
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Carnavis & Richardson / Declaration Grooming
Soap & Splash: Tabac Original
First use of the Tatara Masamune razor; I went with the open comb version because I felt that the solid bar would be too mild. The razor is very efficient and has a mid-aggressive feeling to it. The cutting angle is intuitive and very easy to find. The razor is a bit light for me but it's extremely nimble and easy to navigate the difficult areas, i.e., upper and lower lip. I need more time with it for a more proper evaluation but I did enjoy this morning's shave.

Back
Top Bottom