View attachment 31915 ~SOTD~ Friday 22nd December

Prep ~ Shower, Mysore Sandlewood soap
Razor ~ Blackland Sabre Level Two
Blade ~ Gem SS Coated
Soap ~ Razorock Santal Royale
Brush ~ Brad Sears ~ Gonzo Silvertip
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Guerlain Santal Royal EDP

A perfect shave from the Sabre as always.

Have a nice day! :)
Setup fit for a king!

It's been a while...

58731B04-DABD-43BF-8DC5-214124BD51EB.jpg

Gunmetal 6C - #5
Rapira Stainless - #1
Frankincense & Myrrh
YaQi Silvertip Fan

Another 'just fantastic' shave using the new acquisition, namely the Stirling Soap. Smells delightfully spicy and resinous and warm. Takes the edge off the cold water shaving that's for sure! It's been a number of days since my last shave which was really showing, and now I feel fresh and clean. Perfect! No balm/aftershave required. :)

Fri 22nd December
Omega 11137 boar
MWF
1 ER Streamline
2 Guest Appearance Schick Type F
Gem S/S [1]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

I am afraid that recent Shaves with my newly acquired ATT SE G1 have been very disappointing . I somehow doubt that is is Version 2, though the previous owner had done an exchange . The Razor set up is very mild, so that after initial whiskers are removed it is hard to remove shorter stubble. I did with much effort get an a moderate finish in some areas, but after lathering up it took 20min 33sec to achieve this. Today, I chose to use an ER Streamline,which is considered by many as rather harsh, but I find that by holding it lightly and using its weight and by not rushing, I can normally attain a great all round finish.

To be fair I used the same soap etc that I used yesterday,and without rushing aimed to get the best shave that I could. The Shave was most satisfactory, and implemented without having to reduce the lather consistency. The Standard of finish was of the face feeling variety all round, and that is true some 7 hours on. The Shave Time was 16min 30 secs , which might seem a lot but I do have a rather tough beard, and i am fit to be on a Queens Parade [ a bit past that,these days]. I could not resist letting my "New" Type F have a couple of strokes on the cheek, it looks as those who big it up are spot on.

I feel rather sad that the ATT Se-G1 is not working for me,but I ,was rather dubious when I saw it for the first time. The cutting edge seems to have a lot of metal between it and any surface to be shorn, to be effective.Have shown photo of it side by side with the Streamline to illustrate this.

IMG_0467.jpg IMG_0468.jpg

84B0AFBA-19E2-433F-B663-62BC1D4C9F32.jpeg

Friday...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm BC
Face lather
Razor - Merkur 34c HD
Blade - Astra SP
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Tabac Original

I'd been neglecting my 34c this year; what with my SE and OC adventures. So, mindful of the fact that there wasn't much left from yesterday's Feather AC outing (q.v.), I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Nice and smooth; 3 passes and the Astra worked really well. It seems to sit really well in all my DEs; from the smooth Merkur to the somewhat assertive Fa Tip Piccolo and Gillette Old.

Finished off nicely with Tabac splash and post-shave feels great.

Galco, the manufacturers seem to be the real culprits, but I can't seem to find out anything about them other than, they might make hunting accessories.
Hi Kev,
I can see how you hanker after the Cobra, but unless you get one from fellow shaver, the supply of a new one seems rather fraught, judging by Paul`s experience.
Mike

Hi Kev,
I can see how you hanker after the Cobra, but unless you get one from fellow shaver, the supply of a new one seems rather fraught, judging by Paul`s experience.
Mike
I'm inclined to agree. The amount of rave reviews did tempt me but as well as reading Paul's woes, I really have reached saturation point with my razors.

Well, maybe...

Hi Kev,
Mike
We both seem to be having the same problem i.e. a pre-order taking its time to materialise.
When you Google the manufacturers name, Galco, a gun leather company comes up.
I emailed them and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting Galco. We do make razors and components for several companies, it is done on a co-branding basis. But we do not release that information to the general public. Cobra Single Edge Razors may, or may not be one of those companies.

Gerard Dunlap

Galco Gunleather

Very cloak and dagger stuff.

We both seem to be having the same problem i.e. a pre-order taking its time to materialise.
When you Google the manufacturers name, Galco, a gun leather company comes up.
I emailed them and got this reply:

Thank you for contacting Galco. We do make razors and components for several companies, it is done on a co-branding basis. But we do not release that information to the general public. Cobra Single Edge Razors may, or may not be one of those companies.

Gerard Dunlap

Galco Gunleather

Very cloak and dagger stuff.
At least you got a reply Kevin.
I emailed them some time ago with no reply.

Perhaps they make missiles for North Korea. :D

View attachment 31924

Friday...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm BC
Face lather
Razor - Merkur 34c HD
Blade - Astra SP
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Tabac Original

I'd been neglecting my 34c this year; what with my SE and OC adventures. So, mindful of the fact that there wasn't much left from yesterday's Feather AC outing (q.v.), I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Nice and smooth; 3 passes and the Astra worked really well. It seems to sit really well in all my DEs; from the smooth Merkur to the somewhat assertive Fa Tip Piccolo and Gillette Old.

Finished off nicely with Tabac splash and post-shave feels great.
A classic shaving set up.;)

Back
Top Bottom