9eeec6a58c15424229fd937acef888ce.jpg
x
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
The General Alu.
Feather Pro ( 10 )
Alum Rub /Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Used the original General today. The Shave was pretty good,though the blade showed that for me it was done, as dragged around the.chin.
The new Brass version for me is better, as one can let its weight do the work, with no need for pressure.
Sentx from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD 16th April

Old Spice Sunday.....Smell like a man!

Razor...Supply SE polished. 000 plate.
Blade...Schick #2
Soap...Old Spice...Shulton
Brush...BSSW. ..Gonzo
Post...Thayers lavender
AS...Old Spice...Shulton

Today's shave was altogether better than yesterday's, Gonzo whipped up a great lather and the Supply left me as smooth as a summer lake at dawn, all finnished off with a splash of Old Spice....perfect! :)

Enjoy your Sunday people....:)

Last edited:
SOTD:16th April 2017.
B.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Dove-Cool Fresh body & face wash / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits- Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1438.

Face Lather.

Soap: Palmolive"classic"Shave Stick .

Blade: Ladas Super Stainless. (1) + Shim

Razor: 1972 Aluminium Handle Gillette Tech (ENG).

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut:A/S.

Morrisons: Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,
I've carried on with "old School" products to make my Easter break a special one..isn't it amazing that a fifty pence shaving stick & a forty five years of age DE razor can give you a mild, but very efficient 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report,yet again..another experimental shave with my homemade shim, which added a excellent efficiency to my normally quite mild gillette tech...Yesterday i finished the shave off with some old spice,... today, equally as good to finish this easter sunday shave in "old School style" i had a generous splash of Brut..another all time classic favourite of mine.
My face is feeling silky smooth, and smelling devine.Enjoy the rest of your east break,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
View attachment 24707 SOTD 16th April

Old Spice Sunday.....Smell like a man!

Razor...Supply SE polished. 000 plate.
Blade...Schick #2
Soap...Old Spice...Shulton
Brush...BSBW...Gonzo
Post...Thayers lavender
AS...Old Spice...Shulton

Today's shave was altogether better than yesterday's, Gonzo whipped up a great lather and the Supply left me as smooth as a summer lake at dawn, all finnished off with a splash of Old Spice....perfect! :)

Enjoy your Sunday people....:)
Great to see Gonzo being loved :D

Easter Sunday.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and Village Barbour Shave Oil.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (day 4).
Soap - Tabula Rasa Vetiver & Tangerine Shaving.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave followed by L'Occtitane Cedrat After Shave Cream Gel.

Another great shave with the Hone 15 - the only gripe being day 4 with the same blade was a mistake - slight tugging on the second pass. I knew I should have stopped but kept going. No disaster, minor weepers on my neck and part of the skin on my jaw line feels a little raw(ish).

One the plus side, I have a drawer with razors that have been out of rotation for over a year, possibly more. Found 5 packets of Gillette Platinum blades :) Going to give them a try soon. It will be interesting to compare these with the Silver Blues.

Happy Easter all,

Chris

ulBe7Zd.jpg

Easter Sunday

Prep: Shower + Olive Oil
Soap: Erasmic Lather Shave Cream
Brush: Gecko Super Stumpy w/ 28mm Le Tuft Finest
Razor: Razorock Hawk w/ Kai Captain (2)
Post: Cold Water, alum, Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Second try with the Hawk, felt much better and easier to handle. Turns out my skin dislikes any soap/cream that isn't mentholated, no idea why, fairly smooth finish just not very comfortable in the end.

Back
Top Bottom