SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 October 2023.

SOTD 18-Oct
20231017_124324-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: HoM Shire 2
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard

Slept in this morning so the vector was needed, something swift and close. This thing definitely fits that description, quick and easy lather followed by the SE squeegee.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

An early morning shave which is tiredly reported with the theme, 'The questionable legalities of 1am'

20231017_175556.jpg

1:00am - Tatara Nodachi
1:01am - Kyone
1:02am - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
1:03am - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
1:04am - Collegen
1:05am - Extro Arzachena splash

'Sleeping with Satan'

An early morning rise to take Mrs Satanfriendly to the airport as she disappears to Marbella for five days away with the girls. Hurrah, hurrah for airplanes and long distances. Hurrah's aside I do have to question whether 1am is actually legal or not. My general feeling is that the early hours of the morning should be made illegal.

What is legal though is to have the right to a damn good shave. Another blade from @NotTheStig and yet another I'd never heard of, the Kyone. But what a smashing blade it turned out to be. I found it exceptionally sharp, exceptionally smooth and exceptionally at home in the Nodachi. Throw on a great soap in the Bayolea and enjoy the relaxation of removing it all and the enjoyment of being wonderfully refreshed. And all I can think, beards should be made illegal..... together with early morning hours.

Have a fantastic day you fantastic folk and as a show of my love I give you Diesel Ann. A first showing here on TSR

And possibly the last

Yesterday I cleaned up my closet with shaving stuff and to my surprise found one of my former regular buddies while travelling: an Old Spice Shaving Stick, according to what is stated on the bright red holder produced by Shulton in New York and Paris. At least twenty years old and no longer available now. The AS of the same brand is still there - as I read on the internet -. This morning I tried the stick again, with the necessary reserves. Big surprise: it is all still there. I lathered up in my shaving bowl and that gave a nice, rich and smooth lather. I also recognized the smell: a bit of old-barberstyle (wood, leather...). All in all, it was a great shave. This also says something about the shelf life of shaving soaps. By the way, does anyone know if this antique Old Spice may be marketed somewhere in a new jacket?

SOTD: 18/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Shulton Old Spice Stick
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Wed 18th October

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Jayaruh Syn No 67
Vitos Super Red
Schick J3 Hydro Magic 500
NOS Schick Platinum- Sweden ( 1 )

Quite a rare occurence today as had difficulty loading a fresh blade, managed not to insert it properly and missed far stop.After a bit of a fiddle sorted things out. Got the Vitos spot on, was really very creamy and helped the Shave go well. Very rarely do I get anything but a smooth and comfortable Shave with this Razor.

951C2C4C-35E9-4746-86FB-7B1908BE4C08.jpeg

Last edited:
An early morning shave which is tiredly reported with the theme, 'The questionable legalities of 1am'

View attachment 112415

1:00am - Tatara Nodachi
1:01am - Kyone
1:02am - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
1:03am - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
1:04am - Collegen
1:05am - Extro Arzachena splash

'Sleeping with Satan'

An early morning rise to take Mrs Satanfriendly to the airport as she disappears to Marbella for five days away with the girls. Hurrah, hurrah for airplanes and long distances. Hurrah's aside I do have to question whether 1am is actually legal or not. My general feeling is that the early hours of the morning should be made illegal.

What is legal though is to have the right to a damn good shave. Another blade from @NotTheStig and yet another I'd never heard of, the Kyone. But what a smashing blade it turned out to be. I found it exceptionally sharp, exceptionally smooth and exceptionally at home in the Nodachi. Throw on a great soap in the Bayolea and enjoy the relaxation of removing it all and the enjoyment of being wonderfully refreshed. And all I can think, beards should be made illegal..... together with early morning hours.

Have a fantastic day you fantastic folk and as a show of my love I give you Diesel Ann. A first showing here on TSR

And possibly the last
are you seriously getting up at 1 am and shaving? this is dedication...

18 October

TOBS St. James
PAA Green Ray
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

8F4E367E-9D69-4A6B-B921-309CFF0389EF.jpeg
Superb shave this morning. The Green Ray is a very different brush to my favourite Simpsons, very soft and not at all resilient, nevertheless, it always creates a great lather with a soft cream or a hard soap. Two smooth passes and a first class result.

18/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Erasmic Cream
Razor - 7 O' clock Gem
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens 4711 EDC
Wk 42 (5).jpg
A crackin shave with the "Mild" and efficient 7'O'clock Gem razor. Another feat of Vintage design and engineering.
3 passes for an easy, comfortable, BBS finish.
I have about 1 shave left in this tube of Erasmic, i cannot complain for what it costs, it has always given great lathers and is cheap enough to overload new Boar brushes when breaking them in.
Enjoy your day all.

Shave of the day - Soap: Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Gothic Revival Soap, Splash and Balm, Strike Gold Shave POTUS 24mm Oumo Super High Density Manchuria, Gillette Aristocrat No 22 (1952), Polsilver Super Iridium (2)

231018-SOTD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom