SOTD: Saturday 14 - Friday 20 October 2023.

SOTD: 14th October 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: OSP Neroli Shaving Soap.
Razor: FaTip Grande. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D1)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./4711 Original EDC-ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

Everything in my set up this morning worked together wonderfully...The FaTip Grande / Gillette London Bridge continue to be a superb smooth efficient duo.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.

Today's shave:

rdt231014oseso.jpg

- De Vergulde Hand Scheerstaaf
- Shavemac/Proraso Boar
- Mühle Kosmo with Feather blade
- Tüff fresh aftershave

:D

14/10/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Erasmic Cream
Razor - Mühle R41GS
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens 4711 EDC
Wk 42 (1).jpg
The R41 is a very efficient razor and had me BBS in 2 passes.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD 14-Oct
20231013_132123-01.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SSC Oro Valley
Razor: Friodur 17

Decent shave this morning, I did half drift off during it and missed a patch on the neck but no great drama. I need to try and get my hands on the splash for this, I'm hoping rasoigoodfellas stocks it at some point otherwise I'm going to have to convince the Mrs that a holiday to the states is warranted!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 14/10/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Aftershave: Mäurer und Wirtz 4711 Original Eau de Cologne
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

Sat 14
Soap & Aftershave Tabac & RazoRock Puros
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Top quality lather from the soap whip-up superbly by the excellent brush!
This razor was refreshed on the HBA. The edge was already good but feels better - softer & buttery smooth. Enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231014_125650.jpg

Saturday 14 October
The day dawned very sunny and chilly, so let’s go Italian! Saponificio Veresino Manna dI Sicilia soap, what a wonderful creamy and beautifully scented soap. The name comes from the active ingredient, Manna which is sap from European ash tree sourced from Sicily. Henri et Victoria best badger applied the lather with a flourish.
However, then the serious job of putting blade to face. The Razorine is a very fine razor concept which requires it to be handled like an open razor during use and it will deliver a close shave. However, it requires much more care and attention and importantly more time than a normal DE razor to get the job done without blood loss. Not a razor to be rushed. I managed to limit damage to 2 nicks and after two passes decided on the finishing with the pewter handled Schick cartridge to clear the pick ups. Overall an enjoyable and close shave.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0337.jpeg

Sat 14th October

Aleppo soap 70% laurel - Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
P & B Citra Royale
ER 1924
Gem S/S ( 3 )

4379E5CD-D19E-4795-9F2C-B09ADD533CF5.jpeg

Not used this in a while, and did not have the best of Shaves as had difficulty getting the correct shaving angle.Think a bit doomed from the start as got the brush too wet so the lather not the best for a good Shave.

Reggie's Razors' Titan razor :: Gillette Silver Blue blade (1) :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: Stirling soap and splash
IMG_20231014_091355.jpg
It's my turn with Reggie's Titan on the pass around: first ever shave with a titanium razor!

First - the razor looks and feels great: the handle isn't entirely my cup of tea, but the craftsmanship is excellent on the whole thing. The most unnatural thing about it for me is of course its weight, it being the first titanium razor I ever had in my hands. Although the handle finish is smooth, during the shave it was as grippy as any of my other razors (though I didn't have soapy hands). I like the "R" embossed/machined on the bottom of the handle, it's a nice touch.

The shave: 2 days of growth, my usual. As a prep, I washed my face with Droyt's soap. Did 2.5 passes and pickups. The razor handled pretty well, given that my preference these days is heavier razors. Very efficient, only a minimal amount of pickups needed (I never managed a shave that would not need at least some). A bit more blade feel than my current no.1 razor (Overlander), but still very smooth. Excellent result.

For post, I used alum to gauge the damage I'd done - the sting was about on par with most of my shaves. This is very likely to be down to my technique: it's a new razor for me, and one with an usual weight. However no irritation or tender skin feel afterwards.

I will keep the same setup for the subsequent shaves, except perhaps swapping the blade out for another.

• 3one6
  • Personna blue (1)
  • Omega 10066
  • Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Palmer's Cocoa balm.
The return of the Omega boar after many years. Bought in early 2014 and it is well used. For the last 4 years or so, mainly used a synthetic knot. The 10066 which was cream to start with, is now a deeper butterscotch colour as a result of drying in the sun on window cills. I like to think it's a little unique ;)

The Omega made short work of whipping up the Fat. Not used a Personna blade for a number of years. All round an efficient and enjoyable shave. I'll be sticking with the Omega for some time to come.

SOTD Saturday 14th October

3AFE8101-91FF-492C-B9CD-2AA9B073FE2C.jpeg

Pre - shower, face wash with Imperial Leather soap

Bowl - glass
Cream - Proraso Sensitive (white)
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Derby Extra (5)

Post - cold face wash, alum, Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

Smooth, easy 2 and a bit pass shave plus tidy up.

Evening all…

67BFC067-D45C-4795-ACE3-414F13C0DD2D.jpeg
But what if I never find out who is a good girl?

Back
Top Bottom