SOTD: Saturday 13th January - Friday 19th January 2018.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Friday 19th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Mysore soap
Razor ~ Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade ~ Gillette Platinum (nos)
Soap ~ Cella
Brush ~ Omega Special Boar
Post ~ Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ Mugler - Pure Havane ( generous sample from @Benz3ne ) thank you Ben :)

A great close shave from my kit today and left smelling fab from the application of Pure Havane EDT kindly gifted to me by our very own @Benz3ne, not only a very generous chap but a great enabler for I have made a purchase of this lovely scent! :)

Wishing you all a fab Friday.......:)

Last edited:
Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash
Extro Lavanda Muschio
Maseto 30mm Finest
Little Wren Pottery
Gillette Fatboy (6)
Polsilver (1)
OSP Barbershop Aftershave Tonic
BBA Post Shave Balm
Le 3' Homme de Caron EDT

A lovely shave this morning. I wouldn't like to say which of the Gibbs or Fatboy provides the smoothest DE experience. Equally as good in my opinion. A great start to a nice long weekend.

19-c.jpg

Fri 19th Jan

Omega 11137 boar
L`Occitane Cade cream
Schick N3
Schick Japanese Twin [ 16 ]
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Little did I think a few years ago when I switched back to "Proper Shaving " from Carts, that I would
be saying I am using a Blade on its 16th outing and it is still delivering a Great Shave.

Despite having a tough beard ,Todays Razor/ Blade combo continues to deliver smooth and comfortable
Shaves, with a really top quality finish. Am minded to continue using this blade until its performance starts to drop off. I look forward to trying it out in the Schick O Clone which even with a single blade
is a great Razor.

IMG_0188.jpg

January 19, 2018

Warm shower
face prep: Executive shaving pre shave oil
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Personna Platinum (4)
Brush: Simpsons Commodore x3, face lather
Shave soap: Pamolive stick
Warm rinse, then Cold rinse with alum
Post shave: Wich hazel Then myrsol emulsion
Colonge: Truefitt and Hill 1805

What a great shave, very smooth and clean with no irritation. Face felt great, soft and smooth. This is my first shave with Pamolive soap stick and it won't be the last. I normally change blade after 3 shaves, took a risk and kept it in for fourth shave and I'm glad I did great result.

Im still very much learning with razor and blade combinations, really enjoying the whole DE shaving experience.

Have a nice day, :)B.

Last edited:
2w31heh.jpg

Yaqi Mysterious Space
Gillette Fat Boy
Feather (2)
Abatte Y La Mantia Don Jose
Alum Block, Myrsol Emulsion & Myrsol Blue

As I suspected the Feather is more comfortable today. Lovely shave and very impressed with this soap, lathers superbly and is a nice pleasant banana dominant scent. I'd like to try out their Isacco and Garden soaps next.

Friday 19th January

Zenith 506U TS
OSP Neroli
Giles Scuttle
Brass General
Feather Pro #6
Alum Wash
Old Spice A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
QuVnDXI.jpg

One of the properties I like about OSP soaps is the residual slickness. I use it to great effect during any touch ups I might need. I just dab water on the face with the other hand, and follow through with the razor to tidy up.
Works for me!!!

Back
Top Bottom