SOTD: Saturday 13th January - Friday 19th January 2018.

Mùhle rocca, GSB , Mùhle synthetic travel brush. MWF soap.

Prewash with a very thin MWF lather, cool water lather with the same soap. A very nice thick lather in no time defying its reputation. Two passes for a super close shave. This razor gives no irritation and seldom cuts myface.

Lovely after shave feeling.
I am puzzled why guys say they cannot get a good lather with MWF. Also the lanolin gets blamed for a skin reaction. Other soaps contain lanolin but do not get any complaints.

Mùhle rocca, GSB , Mùhle synthetic travel brush. MWF soap.

Prewash with a very thin MWF lather, cool water lather with the same soap. A very nice thick lather in no time defying its reputation. Two passes for a super close shave. This razor gives no irritation and seldom cuts myface.

Lovely after shave feeling.
I am puzzled why guys say they cannot get a good lather with MWF. Also the lanolin gets blamed for a skin reaction. Other soaps contain lanolin but do not get any complaints.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Thursday 18th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Gem SS Coated
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann ~ Eventide
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal followed by Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ Christain Dior - Oud Isphahan (Decant)

A wonderful shave from start to finnish, looking good and smelling great! :)

Have a nice day people.....:)

Last edited:
View attachment 32636 ~SOTD~ Thursday 18th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Gem SS Coated
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann ~ Eventide
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal followed by Antica Barbieria Colla Apricot Aftershave
Scent ~ Christain Dior - Oud Isphahan

A wonderful shave from start to finnish, looking good and smelling great! :)

Have a nice day people.....:)
Congratulations on a dream of a set up you have there Paul. :)

Wednesday...

Soap - The Fat
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Razor - PAL Injectomatic
Blade - Schick Proline B
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Balm - BBA

Well, so much for leaving my newly acquired Injectomatic for the weekend; I couldn't wait.

I would imagine that another blade, maybe a Chinese Schick for instance, would render this little bugger a harsh shaver. The Proline, however, made it an amazingly efficient, smooth performer. It feels good in the hand too and verrrry comfortable on the face when it's doing the business.

I've read elsewhere that some peeps find this razor too mild. Not a bit of it for me. Mileage in mind, I find it more efficient (aggressive, if you will) than either of my Schicks: G8 and E3.

A definite keeper, then, and if this shave is anything to go by it will be my most efficient/aggressive Injector.

Amazing post shave feel from the Fat and BBA to finish. Did I mention I really like this razor?
View attachment 32627
Hi Stephen,
Has often been referred to as a "Schick Buster", it outperforms most Schicks confined to use of a single blade. You are right that with blades other than the Schick Proline the PAL is a bit more aggressive some say harsh. Your Model is the Injecto-Matic Golden.
Regards-Mike

Thur 18th Jan
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B Spitfire
PAL Injecto -Matic
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Managed somehow to pass on all my Shave Ready PAL "Goldens" to fellow Shavers, as a result now down to an NOS one. However, not all is lost as I have some plain ones to use.

Just slipped an AC blade into todays Razor, which is my first use of it. The Razor/Blade combo is very manoeuvrable, and the Shave is not only smooth and comfortable, but the quality of the finished Shave is first class being ultra close all round. So different to the performance of a G type yesterday, which was quite disappointing.

IMG_0499.jpg

n62k2x.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Gillette Fat Boy
Feather (1)
Meissner Tremonia Wild Oranges Shaving Paste
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Old Spice Wolfthorn

An orangey shave today, been looking forward to this one for a fortinight (I plan in advance) been eager to try the Meissner with the Wolfthorn, a good combination I think. The Fat Boy and Feather is also a good combination but on this initial impression I preferred the other Feather blade, it seemed smoother to me. Perhaps this blade will have improved for tomorrow's shave, Feathers usually take a shave to bed in. We shall see tomorrow in any case.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: C.R. Salter Travel PB
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Razor: Gibbs No.17
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, BBA PSBIMG_20180118_154130.jpg

I like this little brush, definitely my scritchiest brush but it's good to have a bit of scritch now and then, helps you appreciate the finer things in life.
Many thanks to @Rohleder for providing me with the Gibbs, cheers James :)
I can't notice any discernable difference from the No.17 to the No.15 but the Nacet works better in it than the Astra SP imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom