SOTD: Saturday 13th January - Friday 19th January 2018.

SOTD 18/01/18

Mitchells Wool Fat
RazoRock F-400
Gillette Black Tip (1951)
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)

180118_SOTD.jpg

Thursday 18th January 2018
SOTD 18 Jan.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Body Shop Maca Root face wash and Proraso White
Razor: Occam's 3 dot plate/cap
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Guard (#4)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Extra Density 2 Band Finest
Cream: L'Occitane Cade Rich Cream
Bowl: Korium
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

I must be getting used to the Occam's razor, best shave so far very close result. I think I will try a blade without a guard tomorrow.

Thursday 18th January

Vitos Red Extra Super
Simpsons Colonel X2L
Merkur 37C
Astra SP (1)
Lavender witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
Loreal Hydra Sensitive Post Shave Balm

The 37C/ Astra pairing proved to be very smooth. Barely any blade feel throughout and as efficient as expected.
The colonel held the Vitos lather throughout the shave without any lather fade at all.
I'm hoping it's given up on eating lather at last. I'll use this brush with different soaps for my next few shaves to see how it goes.
As I've been working outside in the cold rain and wind for a couple of days I used aftershave lotion and a balm to re-moisturise. I'm pleased to report the combo have worked together very satisfactorily indeed. My skin is hydrated and supple once more

A blast from the past. . . . .

20180118_195629-02-jpeg.23566

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: Bloom water
Razor: Timeless (on loan)
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

First time using MWF and I'm very impressed.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos in preparation for using it tonight and it performed without issue.

Another razor on loan from James AKA @Acer89

This is the second Timeless razor I've had on loan. The first was very kindly sent by Paul AKA @Lann . He sent me the OC baseplates in both blade gaps. I couldn't get on with either plate and found them rough.

James has sent me the scalloped base plates with both blade gaps too.Tonight I went with the 0.68 baseplate.
The balance and weight are great which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The handle is spot on too.

I did enjoy using it and found it smoother than the OC but it's left me tender in a couple of places on my neck. I would have liked a tad more efficiently but this was my first time with the razor so time will tell.

Post shave report: The MWF did leave my skin very soft and I was tempted not to use anything but after a few minutes I thought I best use something.

I should have used BBA balm, my go-to when I've had a rough shave. But for some unfathomable reason I went for the Pitralon, such is it's power over me. :rolleyes:
I just bloody love the stuff.:)

This was a mistake. The feedback was...well how can I put it into words? Oh I've got it! "Yooooouuuu bastard!" :eek::mad:

Thanks to James for the loan of the razor.

Cheers
Rob

20180118_195629-02-jpeg.23566

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: Bloom water
Razor: Timeless (on loan)
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

First time using MWF and I'm very impressed.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos in preparation for using it tonight and it performed without issue.

Another razor on loan from James AKA @Acer89

This is the second Timeless razor I've had on loan. The first was very kindly sent by Paul AKA @Lann . He sent me the OC baseplates in both blade gaps. I couldn't get on with either plate and found them rough.

James has sent me the scalloped base plates with both blade gaps too.Tonight I went with the 0.68 baseplate.
The balance and weight are great which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The handle is spot on too.

I did enjoy using it and found it smoother than the OC but it's left me tender in a couple of places on my neck. I would have liked a tad more efficiently but this was my first time with the razor so time will tell.

Post shave report: The MWF did leave my skin very soft and I was tempted not to use anything but after a few minutes I thought I best use something.

I should have used BBA balm, my go-to when I've had a rough shave. But for some unfathomable reason I went for the Pitralon, such is it's power over me. :rolleyes:
I just bloody love the stuff.:)

This was a mistake. The feedback was...well how can I put it into words? Oh I've got it! "Yooooouuuu bastard!" :eek::mad:

Thanks to James for the loan of the razor.

Cheers
Rob
Another "Fat" convert! You know it makes sense and as cheap as chips! :) P.

Friday 19th January

Birch Tar Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Proraso Sensitive Preshave Cream
La Toja Shaving Stick
Simpson Special in Best Badger
GEM Clog Pruf with a GEM SS Blade (shimmed)
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Three passes for a fantastic shave:)
My last day of the working week and looking forward to two days of living in natural light!

24906300577_65377bc4e3_c.jpg

A great shave this morning. First use of the Wolf Whiskers / Shavemac D01 flat top. Lovely soft tips and good scrub. The perfect face lathering brush and exactly how I like it, I'm very very happy with it. Lots of backbone, and creates lather with ease and releases it with no issue. I'm a painter, and the size of the knot is perfect for me at 25x50mm.

The R41 with Polsiver SI (3) mowed down 3 days stubble effortlessly. One of my favourite razors, it's worth learning to use it - once you have mastered it, the shaves are super close and smooth with the right blade.

Tallow + Steel provided an excellent lather; dense glossy lather that provides perfect cushion, the slickness and residual slickness is fabulous. No need for post shave - but I used Thayers cucumber / Pitralon Swiss / L'occitane cade after shave balm to finish off.

Super smooth and no irritation. Have a great day gents.

Back
Top Bottom