SOTD Saturday 12th November to Friday 18th November 2016

image.jpg SOTD Saturday 12th November 2016

Late night shave.....all is quiet in the house!

Razor...Gem G Bar
Blade...Gem / Personna #2
Soap...Whickhams Parma violet
Brush..Kent BK12
Post...Thayers Lavender AF

Another fantastic shave from this wonderful razor and blade combination, the Whickhams soap giving plenty of slick lather and a wonderful scent.
BBS with zero irritation .....fantastic, I really love this set up. :)

Have a restful Sunday, over and out.

Saturday, November 12

e1b21517deab559d7cd1722a5035bd45.jpg

Alumigoose
Simpson Classic 2 Best
Stirling Scot's Pine Sheep
Stirling Gin and Tonic

Happy Sunday, All!

Fc5RlFV.jpg

◸brush: vie-long 12705b (horse) ◸soap: klar seifen klassik ◸ franken razor†: hoffritz clone head & king plastic handle (2) ◸ blade: astra superior stainless (#4) ◸ post: alum

†: Too top-heavy to be comfortable. Saved by the OC head that never fails to deliver. Brush and soap true all time favourites.

Fc5RlFV.jpg

◸brush: vie-long 12705b (horse) ◸soap: klar seifen klassik ◸ franken razor†: hoffritz clone head & king plastic handle (2) ◸ blade: astra superior stainless (#4) ◸ post: alum

†: Too top-heavy to be comfortable. Saved by the OC head that never fails to deliver. Brush and soap true all time favourites.
Interesting handle

SOTD : 13th November 2016.
bsun.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/Cein (Green Kick) Shower Gel & Shampoo. / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits Rhubarb &Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Pearl SBF-11 .

Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel.(1)

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Cream: Derby Lavender + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Post:Lavender oil & Witch Hazel mixture./ Blue Stratos A/S.

Tesco Sensitive Fragrance Free Body Lotion.

I added a new addition to my pre-shave today....for some time now i've been using various body lotions & butter's as a post shave moisturiser,.i had a tub of Fruits Rhubarb & vanilla body butter,..http://www.wilko.com/body-moisturisers/fruits-body-butter-rhubarb-and-vanilla-200ml/invt/0347698 well today after reading a post from http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/the-wifes-wilko-body-butter.40862/ he used a Wilkinsons Fruits body butter as a pre-shave,so i gave it a try today,excellent results it gives a superb protective layer, and works really well with the lather, for 95p you can't go wrong!..a wonderful effortless silky smooth shave with no errors to report.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.;)

Last edited:
DSC_0461_zpsckr0alhz.jpg

DSC_0465_zpsu1rizoch.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Wester Bros Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Sunday Morning Shave with My Wester Bros Solingen 5/8th..It Has a Very Thin Grind this SR & Its a Top Notch Shaver..Its One of the Lightest SRs in My Collection & its Very Well Balanced in the Hand..A Very Keen Edge & Super Smooth Shaver..I Just Mowed Down about 5 Days of Whiskers as I was Shave Lazy this Week..Smooth as Butter..Wont be Parting with this Baby..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Maca root,
Omega pura setola,
Frederick Reynolds 6/8 near wedge,
Thayers unscented witch hazel,
L' adventure sample,

I received the FR on Thursday,I gave it a light hone to bring it up to shave ready, it may or may have not needed it, I seem to like razors with a bit of heft, and this one didn't disappoint, only need my face to stop looking like a baboons arse, after using the maca root, apart from that it's such a great soap.
If possible please try & post a picture of the razor.I would love to see it.

Back
Top Bottom