SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Sunday:

Much earlier today, way before I went and ran the Potter's Arf I gave myself a reasonable shave choosing something light. I may not have been that quick, but at least I was well shorn, as I had a fresh haircut yesterday too. Attempting to stop the sweat pouring down my face.

Actually, for next to no preparation training didn't do too badly.

Reapplied a bit of splash after my shower.

Attachments

• IMG_20220612_083831__01.jpg
    IMG_20220612_083831__01.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 5
Sunday AM 2022-06-12
Major League Baseball Hall of Fame opened on this date in 1939 in Cooperstown, NY. So, although he was excluded from the Hall, let's celebrate 'Shoe Joe' Jackson today.
eZpRBi8.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Common Bar Prototype
Wilkinson Light Brigade (12)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave (vintage)

The Safari soap is a great old one, especially when the lather is whipped up by a relatively stiff brush like the Rooney. The UFO prototype handle, one of only two made, is a bit short for my hand, but it balances the 17-4 head perfectly.
vJPUNem.jpg

Sunday 12th June

AM-JKLW4IV0utBEzWTOCI9lcpw0NTHcLOcPCnPyzKX1pGfknvFswlrslku93UHk64vHzAwf1vT_KxbE5eBlnqjDbqUIs234j5L3iFT5b5WArm-n7M6NzHV0vUfbe6sQXR296KR4EESGOWi_O_X-6wRRTOfJwMQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meissner Tremonia 'Amber' Bay & Rum pre-Market Test Candidate Shaving Soap
DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Personna Comfort Coated
Pinaud VIBR

Same setup as yesterday, but subbed in my newly knotted DS Cosmetics handle with an AP Shave Co Synbad 26mm which is everything I hoped it would be - super-soft and one hell of a (face) latherer.

Two shaves in a row linked by Leodis…

Saturday 11 June

Signature Soaps Leodis
PAA Amber Aerolite
Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Silver Blue
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

View attachment 89229
A super smooth shave with the Karve E plate and GSB. The Signature soap provided excellent cushion and slick, and the Leodis splash gave a tasteful finish. I love this scent.

Sunday 12 June

Signature Soaps Leodis
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Leodis splash

View attachment 89231
Another wonderful Sunday shave with the Vector, two passes and an easy, smooth result. The Yaqi Heavy Metal is tiny compared to yesterday’s PAA brush, but still holds its own producing plentiful lather with the magnificent Leodis soap. A great start to the day.
Thank you, it’s a nice fragrance for this time of year. Best Regards Brian

Sun 12 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade Shick Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
A very nice soap indeed with the peppermint scent obvious and refreshing. The lather is just impeccably creamy and slick...
Another vintage razor & blade day. The blade is really something...paired with this razor with an added shim, it provided silky smooth and efficient shaves but still found 2 micro red spots! 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The aftershaves were just terrific combinations for the hot humid weather...
View attachment 89209
Thanks Richard. As always, amazing how you create the “ice cream” lather on the brush.

Mon 13 SOTD
Soap Stirling Witchy Women
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM PTFE 10th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Executive Man + Frost Drops
Nice enough qualities from the soap. Like the scent and the lather...the best is the marvelously awesome brush... a very soft and plush feel...so good!
Another excellent shave with the vintage razor paired with the blade. Uneventful, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish. The aftershaves were good, just unable to last longer...
20220613_103240.jpg

SOTD 13-June
20220606_102214.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: LEA Stick
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Feather HS (1)

Very smooth finish with a two pass WTG/ATG, though I've been getting on relatively well with the feather in the WR2 it was less fun in the Tradere. It is only the first run so it may smooth out but I may stick with the GSB/Nacets in this razor, being smooth from the off, unless there's an absolute revelation tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a grand kick off to the week.

Cheers

Marc

Monday:

Very enjoyable shave this morning. I'm BBS without really trying, probably means I've got the pressure right on this much lighter Tech than the one I usually go for - only taken a week!

As this is one of my favourite scents, I smell bloody lovely too (if I do say so myself)

Hope everyone has a good day

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_094752__01.jpg
    IMG_20220613_094752__01.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 8
286999211_345182934394925_6275290276993372764_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Super Blue (1)

The Rasozero - just like its tobacco sibling - is a great performer but is the most wishy washy scented soap I own. Bit of smell from the tub, nothing when lathered. Still the spray and lotion citrussed me up enough to leave me happy and the dentist at my morning appointment not overwhelmed ;)

Back
Top Bottom