SOTD : Saturday 11th June - Friday 17th June 2022.

Away on a weekend break in Norfolk

So I took the Following!

Razor: EJ 3one6 knurled
Blade: Astra Green
Soap: Palmolive shave stick(s) compressed.
Brush: Small Yaqi
Post: Nivea post shave Balm (Mint and Cactus Water) Abercrombie and Fitch EDT.

Lovely shave... Might have another tomorrow :sneaky:

Saturday AM 2022-06-11
King Henry VIII married his first wife, Catherine of Aragon, on this date in 1509
hihteSK.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Martin de Candre shaving soap + Coate's Lavender shaving cream
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wilkinson Light Brigade (11)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave

The Coate's cream balanced and lightened the 'muddiness' of the the soap quite well. Although it does not have a lavender note, the aftershave fits with their scents nicely.
hC9iVQt.jpg

Saturday 11th June

AM-JKLWrkbXMmhvkwhfXh5pYn3kd6iCHS0rmE5eMN9jXGdrQ1DC3oXVyYZdoyjEFKVwJXEegVyIdYMrXZ9zhVQCXl9h4luMz_3o8_ks0CmRrly96uCOJXSLnFZFksAeyKlWePu3Lv32QpzYQcIk6R1hsG8vJtQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Meissner Tremonia 'Amber' Bay & Rum pre-Market Test Candidate Shaving Soap
HJM Professional w/G5B Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca Jet & Personna Comfort Coated
Pinaud VIBR

Gosh! That made me very happy ...

I've been shaving with the Gillette Fusion format most days with the weekends often a DE and some random blade I've not used before, many of which have been sub-par for me. Tonight, absolutely a 10/10 shave. The Muhle Rocca format makes me very happy and I'm glad to have a Birch, Jet and a highly polished example. The blade, which not as silky smooth as its sibling Platinum Chrome is nevertheless a superb blade and the tactile feedback is what I like from simple stainless steel blades.

Two passes, one with the grain and one against the grain ... which is rare for me, as I generally do not shave against the grain unless it's wilth a blade that I absolutely trust. This razor/blade combo reminded me as a regular cartridge shaver just how good a traditional shave is.

Over the last week I have re-knotted three handles and tonight was the first proper use of the HJM handle with the G5B knot. Some folks have said that the knot seemed to take some breaking in. My knot is second-hand (part of a small collection buy of all manner of knots) and I have test-lathered with it, so I found my first proper use made me very happy. It has a slight wiry scritch, which I particularly like and will enjoy this brush for a good scrub when that's what I feel like.

Smashing soap and splash combo ... the pre-market test candidate soap is one of Meissner Tremonia's 'Amber' (or 'Natural Brown') formula soaps and with geniune bay and proper rum in there, it (yes) makes me very happy. VIBR for afters, face, scalp, back of neck and chest.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, fellows.

Sun 12 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade Shick Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
A very nice soap indeed with the peppermint scent obvious and refreshing. The lather is just impeccably creamy and slick...
Another vintage razor & blade day. The blade is really something...paired with this razor with an added shim, it provided silky smooth and efficient shaves but still found 2 micro red spots! 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The aftershaves were just terrific combinations for the hot humid weather...
20220612_101453.jpg

SOTD : 12th June 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.2) with Tea Tree & Lavender essential oils.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE.(D2)
Razor: Gem Featherweight.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion/ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./Milton Lloyd America Night EdT.

Relaxing Sunday morning shave,

Everything in the shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully.

The Featherweight is easy to hold the shaving angle manoeuvrable, and well balanced considering it's a lot lighter than my Gem Micromatic OC, and other SE razors, but the weight doesn't hinder the shaving performance in any shape or form....It's all down to good technique & shaving confidence.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd America Night EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

12/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent face wash
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Lights
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon " Wild Country"
Wk24  (2).JPG
I seem to be getting much more consistent results with the shavette lately.
Today a single pass and touch up on the more stubborn areas for a comfortable BBS finish.
Right then, get my kit bag together and off to the pool for my morning swim.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom