SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: Tabac (stick, grated and potted)

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Nacet #1 (Thanks again @Blackmass)

Post Shave: Alum block - Tabac balm

DE Shave #63

Finally.............. Tabac on a Tuesday. :)

My first use of a Nacet and I think I'm going to like them.

A really enjoyable shave and face feels great.

IMG_0326.JPG

Tuesday DecemBOAR 14, 2021
Razor: P-3 Gillette Short Black Handle Adjustable
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Unbranded Boar c1979
Soap: The Shave Den Wheat Shave Cream Bourbon & Vanilla
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: The Shave Den Bourbon & Vanilla
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1133
IMG_20211213_214945068_HDR.jpg

14/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - P&B Star Noir
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 #5,#4,#3
Blade - Perma-sharp Supreme (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk

Wk 50 (4).JPG
Another very easy traditional 3 pass shave today, easing off the gap as i went. The Blade is still very smooth and giving no sign of changing. A really nice post shave routine, finishing with the Whickams Citrus musk, a perfect partner for the Star Noir. Leaving me BBS, comfortable and smelling all Bowie-ish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: Tabac (stick, grated and potted)

Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Nacet #1 (Thanks again @Blackmass)

Post Shave: Alum block - Tabac balm

DE Shave #63

Finally.............. Tabac on a Tuesday. :)

My first use of a Nacet and I think I'm going to like them.

A really enjoyable shave and face feels great.

View attachment 81489

Thanks for the tag. Glad you like the Nacet blades.

Tue 14th Dec.

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
MWF
Schick Type O Clone
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 8 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This is the good Schick retro unlike the dodgy L. I once used it as a special occasions Razor until AC/SEs came along.It always stars in my Injector rotation as like today, it always delivers a super comfortable Shave with a Top Notch finish. Am one of the lucky ones to get this Razor, in which people have claimed to get 20+ Shaves from a Twin Blade,my pushed to the limit is 14.

2683359A-EBD5-415B-980A-68DF3A6DB2D6.jpeg

Ambassador 3-2-0.5 cheeks/1-0.5 neck
Astra blue
Stirling Dunshire soap
Alum/Witch hazel
Floid new formulation

Finally I managed to lather up the Stirling, using loads of water while picking it up from the jar (and wasting some as well).
Very good protection and glide, but I doubt if it's worth the effort. Hard tallow soaps are much easier to work with (and not inferior).
If you like barbershop scents the new Floid will satisfy your nose.
Very happy overall!

I believe this is shave #8 from this blade, so at least double what I would normally use a DE blade for; GEM blade is still going strong, although, I may bin it off and get back onto using some of the DEs I have. I did a quick count and even if I changed every 3 shaves, I've got at least 3 1/2 years of shaving just in DE blades and possibly close to another year in Parker and Schick injectors if I stretch them out to 7 shaves a-piece!

Any-hoo.

Latigo is great - I quite like the Fine soaps and splashes, great lathering and nice scents.
The EJ brush is a 19mm best badger that I got when I was first transferring to DE shaving about 10 months ago. I've had a few issues, had to re-set the knot and it does seem to shed every time I use it - only the Zenith boar sheds similar, but that is 9 months newer. Maybe, the fact I keep going back to the Omega/Proraso boar I got in Italy about 10 years ago for 3 Euros means it doesn't get enough luvvin', despite using it for 3 months straight when I first got it - I blame you lot, I keep lustin' after other brushes (come to think of it, razors, soaps, creams, a/s and blades as well) every one could be its own rabbit-hole!!
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20211214_094303__01.jpg
    IMG_20211214_094303__01.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 6
Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Henson Ti22 (on loan)
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: LatherBros - Flamingo Trance

I took a break from my usual monthly trials and for one week I tried a titanium Henson thanks to @ajc347 's generosity. I never had a titanium razor so did not know what to expect. I'll do a more detailed write up when time allows but for now let me just say it reminds me A LOT of the Mongoose SE razor.
Did I enjoy the shaves? Yes
Would I buy one? - I let the Mongoose go, so this probably answers the question.

The Flamingo Trance is a good performer and will be kept in the rotation.

SOTD.jpeg

Tuesday AM 2021-12-14
p6U8CHY.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Ethos Grooming Peppermint body shave/bath bar (prototype)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Personna 74 Tungsten (19)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)

The soap bar fit tightly into a plastic travel dish, and from there I could easily build lather onto the brush. It quickly made pretty good lather with a pleasant peppermint scent and moderate cooling on my face. I'll probably use it another time or two for shaving and then just use for a bath bar. My wife prefers to continue to use her body wash for underarm and leg shaving in the shower.
V06UPPH.jpg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Silver Star ( 2 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Synthetic Travel
Soap = Proraso Green
Splash = Skin Bracer
Balm = Barts Balms Ben Nevis
78E26B2C-BEEA-4DB7-8C97-DBAEBF772CDD.jpegDecent enough shave tonight just picked at random.
The Proraso is what it is decent enough but for me very little if any post shave feel,
The silver star was again a good choice on its second use, but i’ll be interested how it’s doing after it’s third outing.
Overall some decent products & a good fresh shave.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads

Back
Top Bottom