SOTD: Saturday 11th December - Friday 17th December 2021.

Well, I was going to use the ball-end Tech that arrived over the weekend. Turns out it was my first e-bay dud purchase, the ball-end handle has no thread to speak of, so would need drilling out, bushing and re-tapping, and TBH, I can't be arsed! I say dud - not entirely. I could repurpose the top plate and the cap and I'm going to use the case to put my brother's S1 Black-handled flare tip in for his 50th next year as that's in decent nick - and I'd have probably paid £10 just for that. I've also managed to grab some NOS Gillette blades to slide in there too.

So onto my shaves.

Sunday:
As I was slightly narked off, I broke out the N4 Slim and popped a Nacet blade in there. I love shaving with this set up, 3 passes (7,7,5), no pick-ups needed. Droid Black, lathered up brilliantly with the PAA Starcraft (first synth I've liked and kept) and Floid Black. Super smooth and perked up after the slight disappointment.

Monday:
Got to keep on seeing how many decent shaves I get out of the Ever-Ready 1912. Fine Barber Blue lathered with the Omega/Proraso boar. Finished off with a bit of barbershop blue to make sure I was awake.

Why did Floid stop doing the Black and Blue? Both great scents (I know I haven't really got Floid Blue, but apparently it is close enough for Government work!)
Have a great rest of the week.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_085816__01.jpg
    IMG_20211213_085816__01.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211212_125705__01.jpg
    IMG_20211212_125705__01.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 4
Tue 14 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans SoCal Hipster
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Clone Feather/KAI AC
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Nice enough soap with a mild pleasant scent and acceptable lather qualities...
Another excellent & effortless shave with the razor and blade pairing! So easy, silky smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were terrific...nicely cool on a hot humid day...
20211214_110652.jpg

SOTD : 14th December 2021.

19.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Derby Premium. ( D1)
Razor: Mühle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Denim Original EdT.

Greetings,

Early Morning shave

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together wonderfully...A wonderful performance from the Mühle R89/Derby Premium duo The fresh Premium blade cut through my stubble with effortless ease.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Denim Original EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tuesday 14th December
Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Sandalwood - Ever Ready 1912
xRTcqBF.jpg
- GEM Stainless Coated #4 - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
sd9Nx6z.jpg

My all time favourite OSP scent.

SOTD 14-Dec
20211213_143547.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora'
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (5)

Ah that was good, no drama clean shave. Ran the razor around my face with careless abandon and didn't pay a price.

New V13 Fanchurian may take a little breaking in I think, but it has started off better than the V11. Not quite as gelled and has a decent backbone for my preference. We'll see how it goes in the coming weeks.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

265259278_1045173572939984_1998078628279704352_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Wars Cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade Gillette Silver Blue (3)

The perfect hotel setup shave. The Wars is spot-on performance and scent wise (thanks for the steer @culcreuch (y)) Right, off to brave Edinburgh's city centre traffic before a not so leisurely drive to Newcastle :rolleyes: At least my face feels great!

Sotd 14/12
Pre shave : PAA cube
Soap : the Gentleman's groom room berry fields O’Blair
Splash : the Gentleman's groom room berry fields O’Blair
Balm : arko unscented
Alum bloc
Brush : alpha outlaw
Bowl: Giles shaving co
Razor: karve stainless B plate
Blade : permasharp 3rd use

Scent : Plum, Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, Peach, Apricot, Blackcurrant, Lime, Apple Galbanum and Vetiver.

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning and used the Karve on the B plate again and on the 3rd use of the permasharp the combo of the blade and the razor gives a great shave
also I used a sample given to me of TGR berry fields O’Blair this is a soap I have always wanted to try and the scent on the soap is really nice and subtle and I get the scent of berries definitely raspberry and Blackcurrant the soap is also a solid performer and really nice scent on the splash

20211214_095538.jpg20211214_095639.jpg20211214_095939.jpg20211214_100250.jpg

Brush: Zenith 507U XSE unbleached boar
Razor: Karve brass D plate
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lather: Wickham Soap Co. - Russian Leather - Soap
Post Shave: TOBS gentleman aftershave lotion

Quick and easy 3 pass shave before meetings kick off. Used a sample of Russian leather - must say it's probably the safest leather scent I did smell - very soft and pleasant, can't go wrong with that. As always, wickham base lathered up with ease into very nice lather. Boar also had another outing, since it was on hiatus (just like me with posting) for a good while.

Back
Top Bottom